V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 26 May 2019 :  09:56:05  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just more of the Lefty Loser Whinge Binge.

It's democracy. Get over it. Every election will make some people happy, others not. The ones you lose aren't necessarily rigged. People actually are capable of choosing a party who's policies best meet their aspirations.

Just because you don't agree doesn't make them wrong, or stupid.

You leftists really should learn how to cope with losing. It's been happening globally for a long time now. The experiment has failed.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 26 May 2019 :  10:08:12  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
They certainly donít make labor leaders like bob hawke anymore....he was the father of privatisation

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14226 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 26 May 2019 :  11:10:58  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Some people might have an issue with our hospitals being sold offshore, the fact the Govt is keeping hush means the public should be aware. You sure wonít see this discussed in the Murdoch press as this mob sell away our future...if bringing such stuff out means iím sore loser....hey, call me every name you like..

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 26 May 2019 :  13:02:53  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
https://www.9news.com.au/national/news-australia-albo-and-marles-set-to-lead-labor-party/1b0d2325-6943-4de5-bf23-aaaf5737aacc

ALP boys club ...... hypocrisy at its best .... and they wonder they lost the lost the election

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 26 May 2019 :  18:33:02  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion

Edited by - Madaz on 26 May 2019 18:40:43
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2084 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 28 May 2019 :  11:55:46  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So overall I was reasonably content with a Liberal win with Abbott being booted, Albo replacing Shorten and the token females disappearing from Labor leadership positions. Despite agreeing with Labor policies on negative gearing and franking credits, there were other policies I detested such as the wage subsidy for childcare workers, buying into the gender pay gap myth so I could not vote for them.

Queensland may as well be a different country. Redneck backwater. How any of them could consider voting for Palmer after his disastrous performance as Member for Fairfax as well as the Queensland Nickel saga is beyond me. As for One Nation, less said the better.

WA went as I expected, we are a conservative state (not at QLD level) who are pretty adverse to mass change or too much government. I doubt WA will ever decide an election on its own.

triggered snowflake xox

Edited by - tommo11 on 28 May 2019 12:01:52
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 30 May 2019 :  16:43:04  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
https://www.9news.com.au/national/news-australia-shorten-blames-corporate-leviathans-on-election-defeat/43bb9d59-d065-4e83-a949-ed1f6028c01f

had a giggle with this....I wonder if he forgot mediscare ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4035 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 30 May 2019 :  23:57:48  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The 2004 ALP investigation highlighted that the Political Professionals have lost touch with the real Labor working class. It has happened again, twice.

Bill Shorten, a man who could not even get ALP members to vote for him as leader, couldn't get the people to vote for him either. Something like a 1 million deficit with swings against the ALP in most areas.

Now he blames everyone else using fancy edumakated words.

Please explain.

Actually, someone should please explain to him and the Caucus who overruled the ALP membership vote.

Go Albo in 2020.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14226 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 31 May 2019 :  08:30:02  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think people are downplaying Scott Morrison's role and ability in this, he largely got the population to overlook what has likely been the worst govt since Federation, sold everybody that crap was really chocolate and convinced the whole country to take a second bite, which they duly did(but really, who doesn't love a sh-t sandwich?!!).....love or loath the man,...his selling/marketing skills are exceptional!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 31 May 2019 08:33:24
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 31 May 2019 :  11:01:59  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Shorten isn't doing himself any favours.
I think the only one he hasn't blamed for the loss is his God.
Oh, and himself...
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11160 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 31 May 2019 :  12:27:30  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

I think people are downplaying Scott Morrison's role and ability in this, he largely got the population to overlook what has likely been the worst govt since Federation, sold everybody that crap was really chocolate and convinced the whole country to take a second bite, which they duly did(but really, who doesn't love a sh-t sandwich?!!).....love or loath the man,...his selling/marketing skills are exceptional!

Is that what got him over the line?

I thought it was some divine miracle that he and his Pentecostal brothers and sisters prayed to upstairs for?
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 31 May 2019 :  13:21:52  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well prayer certainly does work

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9779 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 31 May 2019 :  14:01:54  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It certainly does. Here's a few helpful tips to help prayer work for you:

https://pandagossips.com/posts/1717
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 31 May 2019 :  18:03:02  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

It certainly does. Here's a few helpful tips to help prayer work for you:

https://pandagossips.com/posts/1717

Thanks Zac

And talk about miracles, good thing this mob didnít get voted in eh ?

https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/they-never-learn-why-senior-figures-believe-labors-factional-system-is-broken/news-story/44ba26b0caa3cde443dc4e8c23af21d5

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 01 Jun 2019 09:24:32
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9779 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 01 Jun 2019 :  11:36:17  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It sure is - and for that article, the benefit of hindsight to go with the miracle, although she would have known all along that Labor would lose.

A miracle? Possibly the power of prayer could be the reason for the Coalition's win, but it was very close. The Liberal vote fell by 0.7% and the Nationals vote fell by around 0.1% - but Labor's vote fell by 1.4%. That gave the Coalition 77 seats - just one seat above a hung parliament, although it could be 78. Not quite a landslide. My electorate of Macquarie remains undecided two weeks after the election.

IMHO, it was more the power of the hip-pocket nerve, mainly in Queensland, as I said earlier. Also, Scott Morrison outperformed Bill Shorten by a long way, and Chris Bowen's stupid comments didn't help.

Australians are becoming more disinterested in all major parties these days, so no wonder votes for the Libs, the Nats and Labor all fell. The Greens vote went up a tiny bit, but at 10.3% of the vote, they're barely a major party. There again, the Liberals with around 28% aren't quite the major party they were when they could get around 57-58%. Labor really needs to do some rebuilding, as that learned lady pointed out. They didn't deserve to win. John Howard often said that "The voters usually get it right", and he was right.

Edited by - Zac on 02 Jun 2019 07:56:42
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 17.48 seconds.