V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 23 Jun 2019 :  09:08:14  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/joe-hildebrand-sits-down-with-albo-who-is-the-real-anthony-albanese/news-story/1986299e4d2080b115eafbd96b3f81f9

Interesting article....very interested to hear that Albo is catholic...they have a very strong stance against many things,abortion contraception to name a few

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 23 Jun 2019 :  09:24:04  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/joe-hildebrand-sits-down-with-albo-who-is-the-real-anthony-albanese/news-story/1986299e4d2080b115eafbd96b3f81f9

Interesting article....very interested to hear that Albo is catholic...they have a very strong stance against many things,abortion contraception to name a few

Doesn't make them right though...
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 23 Jun 2019 :  09:35:32  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:

Sorry LG, that wasnít the point I was making.....the Libs have a born again Christian leading....and the ALP has a Catholic as leader.
people have been bagging ScoMo for his beliefs, Iím assuming the same will be done towards Albo

That article, is very intriguing as he doesnít seem to want to discuss his failed marriage or his faith

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11165 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 23 Jun 2019 :  11:04:13  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

Sorry LG, that wasnít the point I was making.....the Libs have a born again Christian leading....and the ALP has a Catholic as leader.
people have been bagging ScoMo for his beliefs, Iím assuming the same will be done towards Albo

That article, is very intriguing as he doesnít seem to want to discuss his failed marriage or his faith

Doesn't seem to matter to most people though, considering that Barnaby got voted back in by a landslide even though he demonstrated how fertile and reproductive the New England region can be.

Edited by - CP on 23 Jun 2019 11:04:48
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 23 Jun 2019 :  12:22:41  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh, were you trying to make a point?
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 23 Jun 2019 :  12:49:21  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh, were you trying to make a point?

Yes I was.....Hope you can see it now

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 23 Jun 2019 :  14:27:42  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Too obtuse for me...
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 23 Jun 2019 :  14:48:00  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
T-onne, it looks like LG hasn't seen your point, and neither have I - but can I have a guess? Are you pointing out that despite the separation of church and state being written into the Australian Constitution, in reality that separation is a failure?

I read this article recently, and it makes the same point. Maybe you read it too...

https://www.abc.net.au/religion/australias-fading-separation-between-church-and-state/10101448
Too many people with their own brand of church, utterly convinced that their church is the only right one, means that church and state in Australia are unlikely to ever be separate in the way it's written into the Constitution.

Albo believes in separation of church and state, so that's probably why he was reluctant to talk about his Catholic faith. I'm sure he had his own reasons for not wanting to discuss his wife and their recent separation. Some people really want to hear more personal details of people's partners/marriages/separations/divorces, and if a politician or anyone else in the public eye wants to answer questions about such things, that's fine. If that person states the basic facts, such as saying that they are separated and there are no third parties, that should satisfy the curiosity of most of us. Others might want to use phrases such as "failed marriage" and be intrigued. That's fine too. There will probably be some scuttlebutt in some of the media sooner or later.

Edited by - Zac on 23 Jun 2019 15:06:00
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 23 Jun 2019 :  15:14:44  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:

quote:

quote:

Doesn't seem to matter to most people though, considering that Barnaby got voted back in by a landslide even though he demonstrated how fertile and reproductive the New England region can be.

It is very good farming soil out that way CP mate....for what ever reason Barnaby is much loved up there

Reminds me of Bob Hawke a little bit

Sorry Zac, donít get your point....too obtuse for me Iím sorry

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 23 Jun 2019 15:20:56
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 23 Jun 2019 :  15:54:14  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That's OK. At least you tried.

CP: Very good.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 23 Jun 2019 :  16:09:27  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Too obtuse for me...

That's OK, atleast you tried

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 23 Jun 2019 :  17:08:44  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

There is absolutely nothing in the article or your post that could lead anyone to the conclusion that your point was "the Libs have a born again Christian leading....and the ALP has a Catholic as leader.
people have been bagging ScoMo for his beliefs, Iím assuming the same will be done towards Albo. "

No mention of Scomo or a born again Christian or people bagging anyone for their beliefs.

Perhaps the thought was just in your head.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 23 Jun 2019 :  17:19:59  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

There is absolutely nothing in the article or your post that could lead anyone to the conclusion that your point was "the Libs have a born again Christian leading....and the ALP has a Catholic as leader.
people have been bagging ScoMo for his beliefs, Iím assuming the same will be done towards Albo. "

No mention of Scomo or a born again Christian or people bagging anyone for their beliefs.

Perhaps the thought was just in your head.

ok...well...I will try again...sorry for the confusion

if you look back at various posts, ScoMo has been bagged in here for his Christian views. We now have an opposition leader who is also a Christian and would hold similar views if not stronger than ScoMo

So....Im waiting for the same people who were getting into ScoMo to get into ALbo now too, and it will be interesting if Albo if he will be quizzed if he thinks homosexuals will go to hell

Do you understand that ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 23 Jun 2019 :  17:54:16  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

if you look back at various posts, ScoMo has been bagged in here for his Christian views.
That's an intriguing comment. I don't recall any posts in here bagging ScoMo for his Christian views - and "various" sounds like there were quite a few as well.

There's no need to show us all of them, but could you help out with, say, two?
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 23 Jun 2019 :  17:59:40  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:

if you look back at various posts, ScoMo has been bagged in here for his Christian views.
That's an intriguing comment. I don't recall any posts in here bagging ScoMo for his Christian views - and "various" sounds like there were quite a few as well.

There's no need to show us all of them, but could you help out with, say, two?

Gee wizz....didnít think there was a great d3al of difference between my posts, but hla$ you were able to understand it zaccy
Seriously canít be bothered zaccy....sorry... but the whole separation of church and state and how Scotts Christian views would taint his leadership discussion was very long and boring....but hey if you want to go through the last 100 pages because you donít remember then go for your life

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 23 Jun 2019 18:07:38
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.66 seconds.