V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

rabbits
Team Manager

Australia
5035 Posts
joined 19 Aug 03

Posted - 19 Dec 2011 :  07:04:09  Show Profile Send rabbits a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

The boats never stopped during the pacific solution. Nauru had thousands go through for processing.

Actually, yet again, you're wrong.

Between 2001, when it started, and 2005 when they assessed the program, only 1500 people had been processed on the facility.

Oops - yet again.

It's no wonder the ALP gets voted in - you're all delusional, miss-informed, and ignorant of the facts. It's all on the internet - Google it before making some decisions in life, eh??

And, to answer your billion dollar question - we're spending a billion anyway - so why not throw 2 at it? They're throwing 49 at an internet network we don't need and put us in the **** for 300 of them handing out cash for no reason - it's called an 'investment'.

Ready - nice and slow - the ALP way :

2011 - 1 billion
2012 - 1 billion
2013 - 1 billion
2014 - 1 billion
2015 - 1 billion

Get the drift?

The way it should be done :

2011 - 2 billion
2012 - 165 million
2013 - 165 million
2014 - 165 million
2015 - 165 million

Do you want to get the calculator out?

Trev - 3 words - Bring On Malcolm!!

Edited by - rabbits on 19 Dec 2011 07:16:24
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 19 Dec 2011 :  07:30:27  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No internet connection at home rabbits?

With the amount of time you spend researching anti-Labor stuff how does your business make a quid? You must have good people around you.

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

rabbits
Team Manager

Australia
5035 Posts
joined 19 Aug 03

Posted - 19 Dec 2011 :  07:37:00  Show Profile Send rabbits a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
haha no, it's easier than that, Trev - I just search a topic that is relevant and the information presents itself - the ALP make it a ****fight all on their own!
It makes the ignorance of the facts even worse, because i found the number of 1500 in under 30 seconds.....

And yes, I do have good people around me, actually.....organised, structured, good systems in place and sensible financial control - all things the ALP lack....

Like how I did that?

Edited by - rabbits on 19 Dec 2011 07:38:51
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 19 Dec 2011 :  07:37:49  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah nice, but predictable

Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 19 Dec 2011 :  07:53:30  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Big Trev

No internet connection at home rabbits?

With the amount of time you spend researching anti-Labor stuff how does your business make a quid? You must have good people around you.

This sort of response shows just how much of a monumental task it is for labor and its supporters to win this debate

Go to Top of Page

rabbits
Team Manager

Australia
5035 Posts
joined 19 Aug 03

Posted - 19 Dec 2011 :  08:11:08  Show Profile Send rabbits a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't mind a bit of banter, Bundy - I grew up playing a lot of sport, so I don't mind it - I mind sound a bit tired and cranky at times, but i love a good scrap and spend most of my time replying with a smile on my dial

What bothers me is when someone has an opinion that should be facts-based, and their understanding of the facts are not.....thorough.....
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 19 Dec 2011 :  08:46:23  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How can anyone one of us know ALL the facts, and certainly getting facts from our current media outlets is not the go that is for sure, they are either extremely right or extremely left, no more reporting of the FACTS just giving opinions and working at developing opinions.

And unfortunately for the more naive amongst us they believe because it is in the Herald-Sun or the Sydney Morning Herald, or because Andrew Bolt or Alan Jones say it it must be fact.

Edited by - Trev on 19 Dec 2011 08:49:43
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 19 Dec 2011 :  08:52:25  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by bundy

And to suggest that Abbott is at fault because he won't support their Indonesian plans is absurd as we all know that it would be more inhumane to process them there than in Nauru.

and by that statement it proves that you (and others) just don't get it. The point was to never send them there, iot was meant a deterrent,.

The mere thought of being sent there was meant to be a deterrent to stop them getting on the boats to start with and it was working until Abbott and the Greens sunk it - typical blockage - he (and the Greens) are a waste of space.

The Nauru solution had exactly the same outcome, if they get on boats and they know they are not going to get into Australia was a deterrent to stop them getting on the boats, the Malaysian solution would have had to same outcome.

Blood on their hands - nothing more, nothing less

If the solution was supposed to be a "deterrent" and not actually used perhaps they should have a firing squad set up on Christmas Island or just have patrol boats practice firing their weapons in a certain direction.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 19 Dec 2011 :  09:59:09  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It might be cheaper Gerry

It has always been about a deterrent, but most people miss that part of the debate, or the media don't report that part, or the Government has done a poor job of relaying that message, mind you they don't really want it public knowledge, what the Governmet did want was the potential boat people thinking that they were going to Indonesia and that they might get whipped, what a great deterrent.

Australia should/must take genuine POLITICAL refugees, but many of these people or not genuine politicial refugees, they are finacial refugess, coming here for a better life not beacuse they have been persecuted in the home country.

How many African's come this way, not too many!!!, they are all from Iraq, Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Edited by - Trev on 19 Dec 2011 10:00:29
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 19 Dec 2011 :  10:29:57  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How is Tony Abbott to blame for those dead boat people? It's their fault for throwing so many people on one boat that couldn't support them all.

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 19 Dec 2011 :  11:00:51  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I didn't say it was his "fault", trying to make mountains out of molehills eh?

I said he and others have blood on their hands, if you need to me quote what I said I am more than happy to.

Go to Top of Page

bundy
BANNED

Australia
1509 Posts
joined 21 Aug 11

Posted - 19 Dec 2011 :  11:04:47  Show Profile Send bundy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I didn't say it was his "fault", trying to make mountains out of molehills eh?

I said he and others have blood on their hands, if you need to me quote what I said I am more than happy to.

If you say 'he and others have blood on their hands' you are inferring that Abbott somehow was the cause of the problems. 'Cause' and 'fault' can be used interchangeably here, can it not?

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 19 Dec 2011 :  11:12:15  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He and others have caused the current problems, yes, their failure to support the change legislation has caused this.

Their lack of support has also killed their sprouted Nauru Soltion as well, blockage for blockage sake, not at all to do with good policy, just kill everything lLbor try to do dead in the water, this approach is just digging him deeper and deeper out of the leadership job.

Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 19 Dec 2011 :  11:33:12  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Its a terrible tragedy when people die anytime, doing so whilst trying to escape from tyranny and poverty is what these poor buggers where doing.

Nobody in Australian politics is to blame for this tragedy, nobody. The blame game serves ****-all purpose and is a wate of breath and effort.

When put into perspective, Pakistan, regarded as a third world country itself, has taken 1.5M legitamite refugees this year alone, we have taken a pittance in comparison!!

Surely there are more important things to argue about than a few thousand refugee's arriving by boat?

How about the pollies pay rise? That's got to be about the biggest injustice to the average Australian this year??

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 19 Dec 2011 :  13:12:31  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A bit light hearted stuff - N.W.S.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pNDLzx9vyU&feature=related

Edited by - Trev on 19 Dec 2011 13:37:33
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page