V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 23 Aug 2012 :  18:57:53  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Watch the train wreck....an un-managed Tony Abbott!

http://www.thevine.com.au/life/news/leigh-sales-destroys-tony-abbott-the-second-by-second-recap/

Leigh Sales absolutely destroyed him. It was painful to watch.

He clearly hates being challenged by intelligent women.

God help us all if this clown becomes PM.

2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion

Edited by - Madaz on 23 Aug 2012 19:00:41
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 23 Aug 2012 :  19:55:42  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Madaz

quote:
Originally posted by REM

http://www.thevine.com.au/life/news/leigh-sales-destroys-tony-abbott-the-second-by-second-recap/

Leigh Sales absolutely destroyed him. It was painful to watch.

He clearly hates being challenged by intelligent women.

God help us all if this clown becomes PM.

Same as the clown we have now.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 23 Aug 2012 :  20:05:48  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

You should start your own 'Anyone but Abbott' website.

Yes, pretty painful to watch, but it's a reflection on the current PM and government that this bloke is the man most likely to be our next PM. Is our Prime Minister so on the nose with the electorate that she is level-pegging in polling with Tony Abbott? Is the government so on the nose with the electorate that the Opposition that Abbott leads is way ahead in those same polls?

BTW, I take in all kinds of media - left, right, centrist, extreme left (and right), and a lot more besides, and no matter how I look at it, the ABC has almost become part of the ALP's advertising arm. Abbott performed poorly (as usual) in that interview, but Leigh Sales wasn't much better. I'd call it a draw in a very ordinary performance by both. Kerry O'Brien and Chris Uhlmann (amongst other good ABC interviewers) can control whatever biases they have far better than Leigh did in that one.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 23 Aug 2012 :  21:36:17  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Yes, pretty painful to watch, but it's a reflection on the current PM and government that this bloke is the man most likely to be our next PM. Is our Prime Minister so on the nose with the electorate that she is level-pegging in polling with Tony Abbott? Is the government so on the nose with the electorate that the Opposition that Abbott leads is way ahead in those same polls?

BTW, I take in all kinds of media - left, right, centrist, extreme left (and right), and a lot more besides, and no matter how I look at it, the ABC has almost become part of the ALP's advertising arm. Abbott performed poorly (as usual) in that interview, but Leigh Sales wasn't much better. I'd call it a draw in a very ordinary performance by both. Kerry O'Brien and Chris Uhlmann (amongst other good ABC interviewers) can control whatever biases they have far better than Leigh did in that one.

Z...as you know....we already have that website here on the beaches.....and as for Leigh.....Kerry O'Brien carved Abbott up a lot better re Australians for Honest Politicians a few years ago.....but this runs second!

Thinking we are going to see a lot more of these types of interviews wit....with Abbott as PM. Sadly the bar has now been lowered so much now...the ALP will stoop to similar retribution politics in about 18mths time as the Libs are now....but then Tony doesn't have any skeletons in his closest...does he.....!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 23 Aug 2012 21:43:30
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 23 Aug 2012 :  21:44:20  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No No Abbott owned again.

A 4 year old could make him look like a clown

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 23 Aug 2012 :  21:51:42  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I particularly liked the part where he eventualy admitted that he hadn't read the findings...! Takes a certain sort of self belief to be intreviewed on a topic....and not do 'any' research on the topic you are quoting...!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 23 Aug 2012 21:53:41
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 23 Aug 2012 :  23:42:45  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh yes, how dare a media outlet challenge Abbott over his misinformation and and frankly down right lying. Got to be in the ALP's pocket. Shame on Leigh Sales for asking so many hard questions. It's not like the actual leader of our country gets treated any better.

It seems perfectly alright and unbiased for the media to go after Labor but not the Liberals.

I noticed Abbot referencing The Australian in his attack on Gillard over the Slater and Gordon thing. Saying they have done thier research and question (what ever they may be) need to be answered. I guess when the interview was done, good ol' Abbott was unaware that The Australian has issued a retraction for the story for making it up.

On a different topic. It was a riot to read that Kathy Jackson is being forces to resign form the HSU for being under investigation for the misuse of $100,000. How many on here were calling her a hero for blowing the whistle on Thompson? Woops!

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 23 Aug 2012 23:44:21
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 24 Aug 2012 :  02:53:33  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:
Originally posted by REM

I will admit Gillard is a rubbish leader, but suggesting Abbott will be anything but a dozen times worse is mental sickness.

Every other channel and most commercial print media is so pro-Abbott that someone taking him to task for once seems like bias. Anything negative about Abbott gets buried so deeply by News Ltd it probably winds up in China nowadays.

What we have is a bias in most mainstream media that shields Abbott from the necessary criticism that would show him up and get him replaced by Turnbull for the betterment of the nation, while Gillard gets double the criticism.

I've seen at least 5 current stuff ups by Abbott that have gone unnoticed because of this current deal with the lawyers and Gillard and crap from 1995.

quote:
Originally posted by REM

I particularly liked the part where he eventualy admitted that he hadn't read the findings...! Takes a certain sort of self belief to be intreviewed on a topic....and not do 'any' research on the topic you are quoting...!

Nah, that's displaying better leadership than our current PM, Remmy.

But it is heartening to see that the kind of boofheads from school who didn't study for examinations and spent most of their time acting up and getting thrown out of class can find a lucrative career. Leader of the Liberal Party.

_Mford

Edited by - 27GV on 24 Aug 2012 02:58:59
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 24 Aug 2012 :  07:03:57  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I didn't see it, but obviously I should have, finally others are starting to see this bloke for what he is. . . . . . . . . . .

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 24 Aug 2012 :  07:07:43  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

suggesting Abbott will be anything but a dozen times worse is mental sickness.
Who's doing that? I'm dismayed at how bad both Gillard and Abbott are, but I wouldn't know how many times worse Abbott may be as PM compared to Gillard. I hope I never find out, but Gillard is the one in the top job right now, and I've seen how much worse she is compared to almost any previous PM - with the exception of Billy McMahon. Probably not a dozen times worse than some of them - depending on your rating scale.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 24 Aug 2012 :  07:32:19  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
LEIGH SALES: I'm going on the facts that Marius Kloppers said today when he was directly asked if the decision on Olympic Dam was affected by Australia's tax situation and I'm going on the facts that are outlined in their results statement that they've issued. Have you actually read BHP's statements?

TONY ABBOTT: No, but I've also got again the statement of Jacques Nasser, who says, "While we're still evaluating the impact of the carbon tax, but it just makes it more difficult."

LEIGH SALES: But hang on, no, no, you haven't read their statements today, but you're commenting about what they've announced today and how the Federal Government's to blame for that.

quote:
LEIGH SALES: Tony Abbott, on the carbon tax you've been saying that it would be a wrecking ball through the economy, but if you look at the latest jobs figures, more people are in employment, the economy continues to grow solidly, inflation is low. Are you once again being a little bit loose with the facts there?

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 24 Aug 2012 07:40:16
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 24 Aug 2012 :  08:23:30  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Gillard may be on the nose but at least she knows what the **** she is talking about!

Abbott cemeted his place as the most inept political leader in Australia's history on this one.

Joe Hockey shot his own credibility to pieces this morning by saying he was witness to Abbott reading the BHP statement when clearly, Abbott had not!

Julia's lot are closing the polls gap quickly, Abbott has to go or he is going to be remembered as the 2nd Lib leader to lose an un-losable election!!

I am repeatedly amazed at how stupid Abbott is?

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 24 Aug 2012 :  19:45:29  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

I know what you mean but Leigh Sales wasn't being biased. She was simply not allowing Abbott to get away with saying that BHP's Olympic Dam decision was caused by the the carbon tax and the mining tax. Abbott wants naive and uninformed voters to think they do but Sales was not having a bar of it. That's not bias.

2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 25 Aug 2012 :  10:25:08  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Tony was also lying about the 'illegal entrants' referring to asylum seekers in the same interview: Sorry Tony, but you cannot be an 'illegal entrant' seeking asylum, its a lawful status you moron!

For a self-professed 'honest' man, Tony Abbott is very loose with the truth!! So are a few of his top lieutenants!!

Labor is closing the gap, especially in Queensland, as Abbott and his moron's prove over and over that they are not an alternative to the rubbish in power at the moment!!

All of Australia should be ashamed of where Labor and the Coalition have taken politics in this country, I am!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 25 Aug 2012 :  18:30:42  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPkUykcGM9o&feature=g-logo

Sigh. Does Tony Abbott not know how to answer questions?

I think the state elections have given people a taste of a Liberal government and they do NOT like it. The trains have gone from being late some of the time to being late all the time, here, and now some don't even go to what it says on the board!

_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 4.05 seconds.