V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 29 Aug 2012 :  21:52:41  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
See thats where you're wrong.

I don't want Gillard and Abbott is worse.
Give me a viable alternative and they'll get my vote
Gillard can't wipe her arse without copping flack from the media and No No Abbott and he is the alternative PM.
It's about time he copped the same sort of scrutiny. When he does he fails miserably

Can Do is Can't is different story. He's just a nasty piece of ****.
Doesn't matter. He won't be Premier after the next election unless they find him a safe seat

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 29 Aug 2012 :  22:20:53  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by willsy

Not sure I follow you here, how come?
Oh gosh what a surprise! Perhaps you should re read Abbotts quotes.

quote:
Seems to be awfully pro Labor in here these days

And the problem is? Plenty of pro Lib posts in this thread as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

I don't post a lot here because I really couldn't be bothered...
very few of the Laborites are prepared to admit the Julia and her government are generally on the nose and seem to think the only way out is to attack with the same old...

Haha. And what have the liberals been doing? They do nothing but attack Labor with the "same old".

Time to admit Abbott and the Libs are not a viable alternative unless they come out with some solid, constructive policy. Until then, it's just throwing stone in a glass house.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 29 Aug 2012 22:29:23
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 29 Aug 2012 :  22:44:26  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
at the end of the day, both partys suck....if you thimk otherwise you kidding yourself

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 29 Aug 2012 :  23:25:47  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:
Originally posted by willsy

Not sure I follow you here, how come?
Oh gosh what a surprise! Perhaps you should re read Abbotts quotes.

I did, and I still cant see the angle you are coming from? Not sure the sarcasm is warranted either, just asking your point behind it?

Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 29 Aug 2012 :  23:52:11  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
All I am hearing from Abbott is jibber jibber jibber.

The moron has not put up a single policy document as an alternative to Gillards lot!!

He probably wouldn't understand it anyway, he is Australia's stupidist politician and proves it every time he opens his mouth!!

Opposition is supposed to sell themselves as the alternative government, something Tony Abbott is failing miserably at.

The scary thought is that Abbotts lot will replace Gillards lot and we end up with a Federal version of Can Don'ts Queensland or Barrel Offarrells NSW!!

I aint a religious man but God help us if that ever happens!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 30 Aug 2012 :  12:36:29  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
where is rabbits? Is he on holidays or something? Or jsut can't be bothered like Gerry

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

rabbits
Team Manager

Australia
5035 Posts
joined 19 Aug 03

Posted - 30 Aug 2012 :  14:21:02  Show Profile Send rabbits a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Still reading...and laffing....missus had an operation 2 weeks ago and so I am working from home whilst being mum and dad to the 3 little'ies.....no time to keep up!

But rest assured, 'I'll be back' [said in worst Arnie voice ever ]
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 30 Aug 2012 :  15:05:25  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good onya, we have missed the debate.

Kids are hard work at times aren't they? My wife is looking after our grand-kids for the day, I just rang her, she sounds stuffed.

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 30 Aug 2012 :  15:31:09  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by rabbits

But rest assured, 'I'll be back' [said in worst Arnie voice ever ]

Don't wait to long, poor old Arnie is looking a bit old a weary now.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  18:15:29  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This article just covers so many salient points!

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/gags-gone-but-public-debate-is-still-a-joke-20120830-253c1.html

And on a lighter note....Tony has been pressing the flesh around some of the Manly nightclub scene!

http://clubphotoswithtonyabbott.com/

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 01 Sep 2012 09:31:40
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 01 Sep 2012 :  08:41:44  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's great to see Tony getting amongst the action Remy [:P}

It's good to see that the government happily allows water licenses to go foreign owners

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/largest-water-licence-goes-to-chinese-buyer/story-fndo317g-1226462762563

AUSTRALIA'S largest water farm will today fall into Chinese hands after the government approved its controversial sale late last night.

Queensland's giant Cubbie Station will be sold for marginally less than the mooted $300 million price tag to one of China's leading textile producers, Shandong Ruyi.

The Foreign Investment Review Board is believed to have recommended to the federal government that the sale be allowed, with an announcement due today.

The Cubbie property holds the largest water licence in Australia and has long been the centre of dispute over water rights for NSW farmers along the Murray Darling Basin.

Cubbie Station, a collection of three vast properties with interconnected dams that can hold up to 539 billion litres of water - more than Sydney Harbour - had racked up $320 million in debt by the time administrators were called in three years ago.

The $320 million cotton station has been under administration for three years with the government unable to find an Australian buyer.

However, concerns have been raised whether the plant will continue to be Australian-managed and there is about 20 per cent Australian equity in the Shandong Ruyi-backed consortium.

The 96,000ha Cubbie cotton plant, Australia's largest cotton grower, is set for a bumper year with its vast dams still brimming after two seasons of good rain.

With cotton prices easing from an average of $550 a bale last year to $400, the plant's sale for a price near $300 million is a tidy improvement on the $220 million price originally floated when put on the market in 2009.

Treasurer Wayne Swan last night insisted the acquisition of Cubbie Group would not impact on water management arrangements, as the company would remain subject to state and Commonwealth regulations.

None of the parties to the deal would comment yesterday but the National Party's Senate leader Barnaby Joyce has led opposition to the sale, calling on the FIRB to block it.

Mr Joyce argued that because the property produces 10 per cent of Australia's cotton crop and has massive irrigation entitlements attached to it, Cubbie is a strategic asset that should not be sold.

Cubbie chairman Keith de Lacy has said there was nothing wrong with it going to a Chinese buyer provided the local management was kept.

Edited by - CP on 01 Sep 2012 10:08:02
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 01 Sep 2012 :  10:14:00  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Keith DeLacy has always been "interesting" to say the least.
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 02 Sep 2012 :  19:12:19  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Perhaps Barnaby should have got some of the National parties rich benefactors to by Cubbie!!

Whats that Barnaby, its a bottom-less pit of good money after bad sinking with its profits??

Cubbie has been a basket case, has been since its inception.

Good on the Chinese, perhaps they can do what all others before couldn't, make it work!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 02 Sep 2012 :  20:38:21  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
why in the **** are we wasting water (a very precious commodity) growing cotton anyway, a very water intensive crop - a bloody waste of water in my opinion

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 04 Sep 2012 :  20:47:56  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Big Trev

why in the **** are we wasting water (a very precious commodity) growing cotton anyway, a very water intensive crop - a bloody waste of water in my opinion

Yep! Exceedingly inefficient crop to grow in that area of Australia, and that massive station takes water from honest to god small land holders.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 12.27 seconds.