V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Sonic

Australia
17196 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 18 Oct 2012 :  11:13:46  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
They shouldn't have paid a cent for him (or any other person in parliament)... but why should we expect anything less from the waste of space in Canberra

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 18 Oct 2012 :  15:42:24  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
$700,000? Chicken feed. How about spending $25,000,000 trying to buy a temporary seat on the UN Security Council? We probably won't even be able to buy our way in, even at $25 mill., but if Finland gets it (Finland spent about $2 mill.)...

Even that is chicken feed compared to other ways our government manages to throw money away.

quote:
Originally posted by REM
Should we worry about the loss of life it caused back then?
I meant to ask earlier: What loss of life/lives are you talking about? Whatever it is, is it less or more than the lives continuing to be lost on the leaky boats that don't actually make it all the way here?

Edited by - Zac on 18 Oct 2012 15:51:15
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 19 Oct 2012 :  18:43:35  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

I see little resemblance between the current half-hearted, ad hoc attempt at off-shore processing and the off-shore processing I was referring to. This current effort is just another example of the smooth running government you referred to.

The same "attampt" the Liberals called good policy?

And I have never refered to the current government as smooth running.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 19 Oct 2012 18:44:53
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 20 Oct 2012 :  18:47:55  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

$700,000? Chicken feed. How about spending $25,000,000 trying to buy a temporary seat on the UN Security Council? We probably won't even be able to buy our way in, even at $25 mill., but if Finland gets it (Finland spent about $2 mill.)...

That's a pretty naive view Zac. I thought you were more.....worldy....than that.

Having a seat on the UN Security Council a significant achievement, especially with the huge vote we got.

Finland tried to do it on the cheap and got smashed in the voting.

2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 20 Oct 2012 :  19:49:09  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Madaz

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

That's a pretty naive view Zac. I thought you were more.....worldy....than that.

Having a seat on the UN Security Council a significant achievement, especially with the huge vote we got.

Finland tried to do it on the cheap and got smashed in the voting.

It's just a bribe fest though. We go to 54 African countries and 30+ Latin and Caribbean countries and just give them more money than everyone else to get the vote.

Oh, or you can be black like Rwanda.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 14 Nov 2012 :  06:18:25  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Libs will have to act shortly.

No No Abbotts polling has got worse. More than 2/3s of the people don't want him.

Which makes me wonder. The Libs have some good people but at the moment they have all the clowns on front bench
They've been hi-jacked by the loonie right

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 14 Nov 2012 :  06:54:22  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

The Libs have . . . . . have all the clowns on front bench
They've been hi-jacked by the loonie right

Too true, and ain't it grand

----------------------------------------------------------

Ain't it also grand the way the Libs are making themselves look like ****en idiots, Abbott is sitting on his hands too scared of the repercussions and that looney Bishop is like a mongrel attack dog.

They have nothing and the know it, there is no smoking gun, if they had one they would have trotted it out by now.

They sook about personal attacks, but it is OK for them to do this current attack on our Prime Minister.

****ing losers

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 28 Nov 2012 06:24:46
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 28 Nov 2012 :  19:43:58  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Julia Bishop should be made to resign over how much time the rabid bitch has wasted in question time this week only to be made to look like a hypocritical moron!!

I strongly object to her being paid by Australian tax-payers at all, she has a job to do as an elected representative and she is not doing it!!

Abbott has been made to look like a friggin clown too, makes you wonder who really is running the Liberal party? Not Tony, that's for sure!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 28 Nov 2012 :  20:18:53  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Guys can we tone down the descriptors used for the pollies please?
Whilst I agree with you that many seem to be a wast of space let us remember that they are still part of the human race and not deserving of some of the things said.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 28 Nov 2012 :  20:52:19  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Actually Gerry i strongly disagree with what you have said.

You only have to look at the behaviour of these elected representatives to realise they deserve every bit of **** thrown at them.

I don't see a problem with anything that has been posted on this subject.

They deserve it plus some

Go to Top of Page

rabbits
Team Manager

Australia
5035 Posts
joined 19 Aug 03

Posted - 29 Nov 2012 :  06:44:22  Show Profile Send rabbits a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Seems the document released today lands her firmly and squarely in the big pile of poo she can't recall compiling.....and Bishop has to go after her, not Abbott, because when he did she got all teary because the big bad bully man said mean things to her....

She's gone.

Thank God for that.

If any of you object to what I just wrote I won't be able to recall writing it - sorry.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 29 Nov 2012 :  07:16:58  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Actually Gerry i strongly disagree with what you have said.

You only have to look at the behaviour of these elected representatives to realise they deserve every bit of **** thrown at them.

I don't see a problem with anything that has been posted on this subject.

They deserve it plus some

Would you like your wife referred to with some of the descriptors used - I'm not talking about your ex!
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 29 Nov 2012 :  08:49:03  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Mate if she derserved it i'd be throwing the muck as well

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 29 Nov 2012 :  09:04:59  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
A CONFIDENTIAL transcript released today to damage Julia Gillard will be used by the Prime Minister to show she had nothing to do with the operation of an organisation set up for union officials.

The recorded conversation makes clear she did not have access to bank accounts or any role in the functioning of the private organisation which allegedly misused money collected from companies.

http://www.news.com.au/national/confidential-transcript-on-awu-scandal-released/story-fndo4eg9-1226526320243

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 29 Nov 2012 :  17:49:14  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by rabbits

Seems the document released today lands her firmly and squarely in the big pile of poo she can't recall compiling.....and Bishop has to go after her, not Abbott, because when he did she got all teary because the big bad bully man said mean things to her....

She's gone.

Thank God for that.

If any of you object to what I just wrote I won't be able to recall writing it - sorry.
So you're just as bad a Gillard?

Like all the "evidence" the Libs dig up, it will be selectivly edited and blown out of proportion. Gillard is going from one mess to the next and the dumb libs still can't unseat her.

It's a pity the media is so far up Abbotts ass otherwise I wounder what dirt is under his and his partys carpet.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.67 seconds.