V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 12 Feb 2013 :  17:46:45  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"Hello. I'm Kevin, and I'm here to help."
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 12 Feb 2013 :  18:04:14  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

"Hello. I'm Kevin, and I'm here to help."

Help who?
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 12 Feb 2013 :  18:30:16  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Wayne Swan stated on over 150 occasions that he would deliver a surplus this year "come hell or high water", Penny Wong as Finance Minister stated unequivocally that "the return to surplus is not negotiable", and Julia Gillard backed Swan about the surplus as many times as he guaranteed it, including that in honouring the "iron clad guarantee of a surplus" that "failure is not an option".

You are absolutely right. Labor has made some very big promises and they have not delivered.

So they broke their promises, lied or are incompetent. Whatever you want to call it. They don't deserve another chance in my opinion.

But the thought of Abbott, Pyne, Hockey and Bishop running the country scares the hell out of me.

2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion

Edited by - Madaz on 12 Feb 2013 18:48:07
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 12 Feb 2013 :  19:10:16  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It doesn't scare me, but it's difficult to vote when we have Morton's Fork or Hobson's Choice - and that leaves me on the horns of a dilemma.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 12 Feb 2013 :  20:34:43  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This Victorian Fraud Squad investigation into Julia Gillard "seems" to have gone very quiet!

I wonder why...
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 13 Feb 2013 :  03:48:43  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Probably nothing to find, or they they don't going running off to the media to hype **** up

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 13 Feb 2013 :  04:08:42  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
... like Jason Clare and Kate Lundy.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 13 Feb 2013 :  06:35:32  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by rabbits

In which case they shouldn't have said it.

There will never be a GST

You liberal lovers amaze me.
Howard has told some of the biggest porkies in Australian political history, yet you all think thats fine.

It's been detrimental to the economy trying to get a surplus and at last the idiots realised have this.

But Hockneynomics and Numb Nut Abbott are saying they could have done it and will do it every year. With Hockeynomics 70 billion black hole, there was no way that was going to happen

This place will be well and truly ****ed over if Campbell Abbott gets the top job, because he won't give a **** about anything apart from making himself look good.
He'll find the task a bit harder anyway.
There is **** all stuff left to sell off. Howard made sure of that

Take it from a QLDer who has to put up with a declining economy all thanks to a slash and burn mentality.

Newman can't even tell lies well. He and his puppet Police commisioner were on about getting rid of high ranking police officers and backed off after the public outcry.

Well guess what it's happening anyway. This time by stealth. Very quietly.

He also sacked a heap of government engineers.
Guess what after this bout of flooding there aren't enough engineers to oversee the rebuilding of bridges, roads and other infrastructure.

Lying isn't just for the Labor government.
They all ****ing do it.

It's probably why i hate Abbott so much. He's even admitted to lying but then has the hide to take somebody else to task over it.

I don't give a ****. politicians should be sacked for misleading the people and lying. Even jailed

One John Winston Howard would be behind bars if that was the case along with every state politician.
Best thing about that would be.
Abbott would be in there with Gillard and at least we might have a couple of people capable of actually running this country

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 13 Feb 2013 :  07:24:00  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Big Trev

Probably nothing to find, or they they don't going running off to the media to hype **** up

From what I've heard it's the exact opposite Trev.
Just making sure all the i,s are dotted and the t's crossed.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 13 Feb 2013 :  07:28:18  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Madaz

Wayne Swan stated on over 150 occasions that he would deliver a surplus this year "come hell or high water", Penny Wong as Finance Minister stated unequivocally that "the return to surplus is not negotiable", and Julia Gillard backed Swan about the surplus as many times as he guaranteed it, including that in honouring the "iron clad guarantee of a surplus" that "failure is not an option".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXhbg80E2JE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckcH0Wrmy74

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUdPabnXUNA

My favourite, the one where he confesses to telling lies / bending the truth, "don't believe me":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc5ljcri6Nk

Edited by - Trev on 13 Feb 2013 07:42:12
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 13 Feb 2013 :  17:16:54  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Big Trev

quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXhbg80E2JE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckcH0Wrmy74

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUdPabnXUNA

My favourite, the one where he confesses to telling lies / bending the truth, "don't believe me":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc5ljcri6Nk

You didn't include the rest of my quote where I said I'm very worried about Abbott and co taking over the running of the country.

That last youtube video, your favourite one Trev, is especially concerning.

2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 13 Feb 2013 :  19:51:19  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

You didn't include the rest of my quote where I said I'm very worried about Abbott and co taking over the running of the country.

That last youtube video, your favourite one Trev, is especially concerning.
That'd be my quote ole Trev was quoting, but it's all good.

If various Labor people lie, make false claims, make promises they know they can't keep, and generally treat us with contempt, it's all OK because Tony Abbott can do it too. That's why most of us on here (and most of us around Australia, from what the polls tell us) treat our politicians with the same contempt. That doesn't include those rapidly diminishing few who blindly follow a political party no matter what.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 16 Feb 2013 :  11:27:27  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-16/nick-xenophon-detained-in-malaysia/4522944

So Malaysia treats another Australian like crap. Indonesia jails some druggies and the sky is falling, but Malaysia detains an Aussie politician who speaks out against their abusive autocratic government and the sun still shines out of Malaysia's ass.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 16 Feb 2013 :  12:04:26  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That'd be a good post to start the 'General Australia vs Malaysia' thread.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 18 Feb 2013 :  18:05:29  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How could we forget this little beauty from Tony

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.16 seconds.