V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 590

rabbits
Team Manager

Australia
5035 Posts
joined 19 Aug 03

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  09:09:09  Show Profile Send rabbits a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Spot on Willsy - I should have left off who wrote it - there'd be no comback, because the comparison goes : Degrees in Law and Economics, Rhodes Scholar for Philosophy and Politics, life saver, fire fighter, married, kids, goes to church, boxer, marathon runner
The other chick got kicked out of law firm for setting up dodgy slush funds for the union. The end.
Not married, no kids, has no religious standings, does nothing for anyone else but herself.

Imagine that list compared side by side without knowing who was who and being told to pick one to run your country.

But keep feeling for a way out, lads - you've got until Sept and then you can start your whinging and whining all over again from the other side of the fence.

Trev - where'd the 'Big' go - been on a mission to get in shape, mate??
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  09:58:07  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev
This is quite simple Willsy, the Liberals are not winning the popularity contest Labor are losing the contest, why? Go to trickyonne's 'swinger' thread and read what Albert wrote, it is spot on.

He feels this election will be fought over Julia's glasses, accent etc from Abbott's budgie smugglers so forth?? I cant see that at all, thats just looking for excuses.

Putting Julia next to Tony in the personable stakes I cant see Tony winning that one. What I do see is that Julia is simply digging her own grave herself, all Tony is doing is help fill the hole in on top of her with something she actually started...

quote:
Originally posted by willsy
I am sure they (and you know this), but they are not voting for Julia, they are voting for their local member (unless of course Julia is their local member), if the local member they vote for is Labor and that person wins their local election then that could add up to Labor holding onto Government.

If they don't want Julia in, don't vote Labor as simple as that. Not vote for Local Labor and hope she loses...

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5846 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  10:39:47  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by rabbits

Spot on Willsy - I should have left off who wrote it - there'd be no comback, because the comparison goes : Degrees in Law and Economics, Rhodes Scholar for Philosophy and Politics, life saver, fire fighter, married, kids, goes to church, boxer, marathon runner

I will leave that with a quote from a former boss from 1977, his name was John Nestor, he was many things and smart he was, he would refer to people 'like' Tony Abbott as an 'Academic Imbecile', lots of qualifications but not much common sense, I reckon that is quite fitting here.

Just coz someone has lots of quals doesn't mean they are smart, just good at study. And that is the teacher in me speaking.

quote:

Yep, lost over 35kgs, so no need for Big anymore - LOL

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 21 Feb 2013 10:44:41
Go to Top of Page

the undertaker
Team Manager

New Zealand
3002 Posts
joined 08 Nov 09

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  10:49:36  Show Profile Send the undertaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Jeez Trev, that's good going. As one who needs to lose a few, what's ya secret?

Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17263 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  11:11:42  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:

I will leave that with a quote from a former boss from 1977, his name was John Nestor, he was many things and smart he was, he would refer to people 'like' Tony Abbott as an 'Academic Imbecile', lots of qualifications but not much common sense, I reckon that is quite fitting here.

Just coz someone has lots of quals doesn't mean they are smart, just good at study. And that is the teacher in me speaking.

quote:

Yep, lost over 35kgs, so no need for Big anymore - LOL

Julia isn't 'dumb' either... haven't seen her quals but I reckon that makes her an equally "Academic Imbecile"...

A question for those here who know their reps better than I....

Can you name someone within the party you support who has some level of integrity? Guessing that it won't be anyone from the big 2 as, although there may well be aspirations when they start, they get overrun by party lines and looking after the constituents means less and less as you learn to spin more and more...

Go to Top of Page

rabbits
Team Manager

Australia
5035 Posts
joined 19 Aug 03

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  12:10:13  Show Profile Send rabbits a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
20 years in Parliment says he must be doing OK??

35 kegs?? Well done, mate - bloody good on you! Seriously, that's brilliant - keep it up!
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5846 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  12:51:13  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

35 kegs?? Well done, mate - bloody good on you! Seriously, that's brilliant - keep it up!

Thanks mate, I have been on the mission since February 2010, still have another 9 to go to get me to my goal of 90kgs. I was down to within 2kgs of my goal, but it went pear-shaped, but I am back on track now (hoefully) Many bald blokes struggle with their weight, something in the genes.

quote:
Originally posted by the undertaker

Jeez Trev, that's good going. As one who needs to lose a few, what's ya secret?
Stop putting **** in your mouth, seriously portion size and exercise is the trick, buy smaller plates and ask your missus to cook less. I always struggled with snacking, I still do, it is a constant battle.

But anyway - we digress.

I can understand peoples disillusionment with the Government, but I think many have forgotten it is a hung parliament and that takes some hard work and will cause the incumbert Government to lose their way at times, there is a history of this at State level.

I think there is some dodgey people on Labor's front bench, Swan being the biggest IMHO. And Rudd is not helping running around causing mischief in the background. Latham summed Rudd up in his Diaries, the reason he kicked Rudd out of the 'inner circle' was coz Rudd couldn't keep his mouth shut.

Edited by - Trev on 21 Feb 2013 12:56:42
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12723 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  13:04:57  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

He feels this election will be fought over Julia's glasses, accent etc from Abbott's budgie smugglers so forth?? I cant see that at all, thats just looking for excuses.

That was an anology. But you knew that didn't you?

I also said this election will not be fought over policy. Abbott/Libs have not shared with us how they plan to run country. They lead in the poles, so if it's not about policy, it's popularity.

Need proof? Your inlaws. They won't vote Labor just because they don't like Gillard, not because of policy. And in todays national radio news, it was what colour tie Abbott likes to wear.

Sadly it's not an excuse but an undeniable fact.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5846 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  13:28:14  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

And in todays national radio news, it was what colour tie Abbott likes to wear.

it is blue, I have seen the media bleating on about this in the past.

Unfortunately too many believe the bull-**** 'opinions' punched out by the media, it would be nice if theyy actually reported the news, not create it or give an opinion on it, people get confused about what is opinion and what is 'news'

Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  13:51:53  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

That was an anology. But you knew that didn't you?

I also said this election will not be fought over policy. Abbott/Libs have not shared with us how they plan to run country. They lead in the poles, so if it's not about policy, it's popularity.

Need proof? Your inlaws. They won't vote Labor just because they don't like Gillard, not because of policy. And in todays national radio news, it was what colour tie Abbott likes to wear.

They actually don't like her for her lies, backflips, triple somersaults with a pike, and how they disagree with quite a few of their choices of direction that goes against what they have always believed in. They flat out cant trust her now, so how can they vote for her?

I don't think it matters what the Libs policies are, its about how can she be put back in with her track record with deceit and failure to right the wrongs.

Like I have said before, I have never really sided for anyone up until the last election. I don't care for the opposition much either, but after I have witnessed the last few years, there is no way I will support Julia. My in laws wont have a bar of her either, but I cant see them supporting Abbott, so they are in a predicament for sure.

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5846 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  14:36:23  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I just hope people vote either Labor, Liberal, National Party or Independant, NOT Greens, they are a waste of space, PLEASE don't give them any power, they see themselves are the new Democtrats, but they are dangerous.

I also hope people don't waste their vote this time by not voting correctly, hopefully people will be aware what a wasted vote means after having a hung parliament.

I am pretty confident that Labor will not win, there is a lot of discontentment out there for a whole range of reasons, some real and some generated by the media and the Liberals, but hey the Libs are winning the stakes of getting their message across.

But unfortunately those that vote Liberal / National Party will be very unhappy a few months down the track with the choice they have made, but so be it and yes I will on here whinging about the job they are doing, just like you blokes have done with the Labor Party.

Edited by - Trev on 21 Feb 2013 14:37:12
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17263 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  14:56:45  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And that is the beauty of the place we live hey Trev... we can get out there and have our point...

and if it turns out your way you can say "told you so" and if it somehow works then you can enjoy that too... it's a win-win i reckon

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12723 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  15:23:27  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

They actually don't like her for her lies, backflips, triple somersaults with a pike, and how they disagree with quite a few of their choices of direction that goes against what they have always believed in. They flat out cant trust her now, so how can they vote for her?

I don't think it matters what the Libs policies are, its about how can she be put back in with her track record with deceit and failure to right the wrongs.

Like I have said before, I have never really sided for anyone up until the last election. I don't care for the opposition much either, but after I have witnessed the last few years, there is no way I will support Julia. My in laws wont have a bar of her either, but I cant see them supporting Abbott, so they are in a predicament for sure.

It does matter what the libs policies are, they must be held accountable just as much as Gillard/Labor. There should be no free kicks. It makes for the lazy politics we are witnessing. I've said it before, it's easy to heckle from the sidelines and promise sugar and spice and all things nice, actually doing it is a totally different thing.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  17:12:41  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thats a fair call Albert. I would be pretty sure they will announce their own, but I can see there is no real need to at the moment.

All Labor can do against the opposition is attack them as the people they are which is not the best look, so no need to give Labor a chance to get at them for now I would of thought?

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13395 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  17:26:05  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Something Abbott will find out sooner rather than later.

The rest of Australia is going to find out the hard way about Abbott just like we have in QLD.

We have to listen arseholes like Alan Jones about how good the Libs were at managing the place when others on a world scale put that myth to bed.

Another one of Numb Nuts Newmans tunnels has gone into recievership.
Ths tunnel was worh just under 5 billion. The Clem 7 that is also in receivership from memory was worth 4 billion and throw in a couple of other tunnels and Campbell Newman if probably responsible for around a quarter to a third of QLDs debt.

Since he's been in the QLD economy has gone backwards 2% and still diving.

Newman is proof that just becuase you're a member of the Liberal party doesn't mean you can manage things properly.

Australia will soon find out what it's like

Willsy spare us hipocracy and the lecture about calling poor Tony some bad names.
You call Gillard, Juliar. Fairly hypocritical when there's dozen of youtube clips catching out Abbott and his porkies

Sonic there isn't one politician that is a member of any political party that has integrity
Every one of them will sell their arse to get elected

To tell you the truth. I' going to be very entertaining having Tony as PM and there's few here that are going to cop both barrels

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 590 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.33 seconds.