V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  17:33:46  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Willsy spare us hipocracy and the lecture about calling poor Tony some bad names.
You call Gillard, Juliar. Fairly hypocritical when there's dozen of youtube clips catching out Abbott and his porkies

My point is being that thats all they can do is attack Abbott and his mob on a personal level, as there is not a lot to have a crack at if they feel the need to attack them...

Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  18:03:53  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by rabbits

Degrees in Law and Economics, Rhodes Scholar for Philosophy and Politics, life saver, fire fighter, married, kids, goes to church, boxer, marathon runner

Your hand must be sore rabbits. Give it a rest or you'll go blind.

2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  18:11:36  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by willsy

My point is being that thats all they can do is attack Abbott and his mob on a personal level, as there is not a lot to have a crack at if they feel the need to attack them...
All Labor can do is attack what policies the Libs do have and a good example of that was Tanya Plibersek on Q&A Monday night.

Where there is policies Labor are attacking (despite, what you, rabbits and Sonic say), if you want proof of what I am saying got to the ABC website and watch the replay.

And where there is no obvious policy then the Labor Party are attacking that as well.

Gillard speaks out against issues she see with Abbott in Parliament and all of a sudden Labor are doing personal attacks, just watch Hockey, Bishop and Mirabella (god, isn't she a gem) for a while if you want to see personal attacks.

If making the Libs look silly for the lack of policy is bad then so be it, if making the Libs look bad by stating the obvious, e.g. Abbott and no questions, then so be it, their job is to point out how bad things will be under the Liberals, Liberals job is to point out how bad things have been and will be under Labor. They need to cast doubt in votersí minds.

This whole bull-**** about Gillard being a liar is something concocted by the Libs, it worked and it still does, why coz people accept politicians to back-flip, you have all said it, but for a WOMAN do that it makes it un-palatable to some

What is also un-palatable to obviously the majority was the way she got the job, most see it as being un-Australian, but a precedent was set by the Liberals with Gorton, but most don't know that or remember that or choose to remember that. Hell I didn't like what happened either, but it was done for the right reasons and personally I was glad to see the arse end of the trouble making turd.

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 21 Feb 2013 18:14:45
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17197 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  18:37:33  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
As much as folk in Vic weren't too appreciative of Kennett when he was in power, and for sure he had his faults, I think we were in a pretty good place when he was here... perhaps it's rose coloured glasses and an appreciation of where he is at with the Beyond Blue and other stuff he is involved in these days...

Can't say I've been impressed with anyone since him...

and looking at the feds... nobody springs to mind...

but i'm not big on politics or politicians.

Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17197 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  18:46:50  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

This whole bull-**** about Gillard being a liar is something concocted by the Libs, it worked and it still does, why coz people accept politicians to back-flip, you have all said it, but for a WOMAN do that it makes it un-palatable to some

got nothing to do with WOMAN... don't like her character... haven't found anything to like or respect in the leadership...

and a leader without the respect of those who are supposed to be following can only end in disaster.

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  18:51:49  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

quote:

got nothing to do with WOMAN... don't like her character... haven't found anything to like or respect in the leadership...

and a leader without the respect of those who are supposed to be following can only end in disaster.

I agree, fairdinkium give this sexist crap a rest...she's not a liar because he is a WOMAN she liar because she doesnt tell the TRUTH

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  19:52:01  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Howard lied his ass off and got elected 4 times. There was never this much backlash when he was caught out. Same with Abbott, he's been caught with some whoppers, yet it hardly rates a mention on a national scale. We know the libs will not accept the "tainted" Thompson vote, it's funny because they had no problem accepting Slippers.

Gillard has had to work with the most disfunctional parliament in recent times and yet the country still grows. People wonder why there is much infighting with Labor. That's because Labor covers the entire political spectrum, from the left to the right. The Greens are all left and the Libs are all on the right. No matter what path Labor take it's going to tick off one end of the scale. When Labor plays with the Greens the libs fire up and vice versa. This why Gillard remains defiant with her choices as it just piss and wind from either the Greens or Libs. Labor look after the worker, the libs squeel they are sucking up to the unions. Labor work with business and mining, the greens whinge they have walked away from supporting working Australians. It's damned if you do, damned if you don't. Then the conservative media jump on it and low and behold Labor can do nothing right. That's why voter need to peel back the layers of BS and look at the raw policy to make an informed decision.

Willsy - you're right Abbott does not have to release any policies now. However the longer he waits the more we know they won't hold up to scrutiny. He pulled the same stunt last election by releasing policy on election eve, not giving any time for them to be looked over and scutinised. After the election we found his policies had a $70 billion hole in them. A classic case of promising everything and no way to deliver anything.

Sonic, T1 sexism has played its part with Abbott and his front bench standing in front of slogans that include bitch and witch. It wasn't until he was called out on it he started taking photo ops with his wife and his female backbenches.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17197 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  20:44:50  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
can definitely agree with you that this is one hell of a dysfunctional gov't Albert... but who put that gov't together? she got into bed with the devil, she can't complain about the end result. just like Nicholas Cage found out in Ghostrider, you can make your deal but sooner or later the devil will make his collection.

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  20:50:30  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

can definitely agree with you that this is one hell of a dysfunctional gov't Albert... but who put that gov't together? she got into bed with the devil, she can't complain about the end result. just like Nicholas Cage found out in Ghostrider, you can make your deal but sooner or later the devil will make his collection.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 22 Feb 2013 :  02:46:30  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

As much as folk in Vic weren't too appreciative of Kennett when he was in power, and for sure he had his faults, I think we were in a pretty good place when he was here... perhaps it's rose coloured glasses and an appreciation of where he is at with the Beyond Blue and other stuff he is involved in these days
The first of Liberals (Right) to sell off all the States assets, yeah he was fantastic - NOT!!!! He acknowledges that he got voted out (and he is still dirty about it) by the Education lobby. Why?

quote:

and you have got this picture nicely built up for you by an anti-Gillard media as I am guessing you have never met her, look deeper my friend. (On a side note and off topic, you going to Sandown this weekend for the 6 Hour? We are competing there.)

quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

Howard lied his ass off and got elected 4 times. There was never this much backlash when he was caught out. Same with Abbott, he's been caught with some whoppers, yet it hardly rates a mention on a national scale. We know the libs will not accept the "tainted" Thompson vote, it's funny because they had no problem accepting Slippers.

Gillard has had to work with the most disfunctional parliament in recent times and yet the country still grows. People wonder why there is much infighting with Labor. That's because Labor covers the entire political spectrum, from the left to the right. The Greens are all left and the Libs are all on the right. No matter what path Labor take it's going to tick off one end of the scale. When Labor plays with the Greens the libs fire up and vice versa. This why Gillard remains defiant with her choices as it just piss and wind from either the Greens or Libs. Labor look after the worker, the libs squeel they are sucking up to the unions. Labor work with business and mining, the greens whinge they have walked away from supporting working Australians. It's damned if you do, damned if you don't. Then the conservative media jump on it and low and behold Labor can do nothing right. That's why voter need to peel back the layers of BS and look at the raw policy to make an informed decision.

Willsy - you're right Abbott does not have to release any policies now. However the longer he waits the more we know they won't hold up to scrutiny. He pulled the same stunt last election by releasing policy on election eve, not giving any time for them to be looked over and scutinised. After the election we found his policies had a $70 billion hole in them. A classic case of promising everything and no way to deliver anything.

Sonic, T1 sexism has played its part with Abbott and his front bench standing in front of slogans that include bitch and witch. It wasn't until he was called out on it he started taking photo ops with his wife and his female backbenches.
Again, bloody well said Albert

Edited by - Trev on 22 Feb 2013 02:50:20
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 22 Feb 2013 :  06:25:41  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If this isn't a personality competition and the aren't out trying to discredit anything and everything by digging up all the dirt, i don't know what is.

The amount of emails that i recieve that come via an LNP loving relation that originate in the office of an LNP advisor that are some of the grubbiest things i have ever read.
The personal attacks about them, their backsides, how they speak, and even their family members are just plain disgusting.
There are no boundaries, everything is fair game.
This started just before the last federal election.

Even when talking about politics they are full of lies and miss information.

I will never vote for a bunch of grubby bastards that the LNP is today and before you go on about the LNP the L bit stands for liberal
and i won't be voting for the other grubby bastards that make up the Labor party

Some of you blokes just don't get it.

THEY"RE ALL ****ING TAINTED

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 22 Feb 2013 :  06:26:59  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

This whole bull-**** about Gillard being a liar is something concocted by the Libs

Funniest thing I've seen in years!

What was that about there never being a carbon tax?
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17197 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 22 Feb 2013 :  06:28:59  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
you won't get an argument from me about the selling off of assets Trev... that was a disgrace and one thing he never should have done...

you are right I haven't met her (think the only pollie I ever met was Malcolm Fraser when I was a small kid) but even when the media "spins" a positive story on her I still don't see anything to admire... can't really put a finger on any one thing more than another... personally I don't really care about the "Rudd knifing", you go into politics you know sooner or later someone will have it in for you in your own group... maybe we should charge them with cannibalism?

(didn't even know Sandown was on.. will try to make it sometime Sat to say howdy)

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 22 Feb 2013 :  06:55:53  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I can't see what all the Liberal party lead fuss about this either.

Tony Abbott went to the independants to try and form a government, a minority government and the Liberals only started trashing the minoirty government after it was revealed that the independants wouldn't work with Tony Abbott.

Here's a little bit a of a revelation for some.
2 of them were x National party members that had day to day dealings with Tony Abbott and they didn't want a bar of him.

So much for all this Tony is such a nice bloke crap.

Even our local councillors are members of all these different community groups.
Why becuse it makes them look like they care.
Truth is they only join them to make themselves look like some great community member so they can get elected

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 22 Feb 2013 :  07:45:03  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karter

quote:

This whole bull-**** about Gillard being a liar is something concocted by the Libs

Funniest thing I've seen in years!

What was that about there never being a carbon tax?

Oh FFS Karter, I remember John Howard that there will never ever be a GST, get over it, if one policy back-flip makes a politician a liar then every single one of them is a liar, why don't you call them out, why do you just target Gillard, here have a look at your mate Abbott only recently saying it is ok to tell lies in the heat of battle - jesus you blokes have a short memory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eai3eKPEV5I

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 7.56 seconds.