V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 22 Feb 2013 :  10:04:40  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So isn't the bull**** about Abbot being a liar just something concocted by Labor? Or maybe it's just because he's a man?

BTW the Howard GST thing was a different kettle of fish, compared to Gillard and the Carbon tax. And you know it.

Howard took the proposed GST to the polls, and gained a clear mandate to introduce it from the electors. Gillard said she wouldn't bring in a carbon tax, got elected, (kinda sorta) then immediately went ahead and did it.

Edited by - karter on 22 Feb 2013 10:10:30
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 22 Feb 2013 :  10:28:01  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
and (for the 50th ****ing time) that was before the election and what happened with the election results (or did you miss that bit), there was a hung parliament, the independants and ONE green decided they didn't like what Abbott put on the table so they went with Labor, all ancient history now but.....

That election result was a game changer, hell even your mate said he would 'bare his arse' to the get the job. All previous bets were off, and try to convince me that the Liberals wouldn't have done some back-flips either to get Government, or are you so naive?

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 22 Feb 2013 10:29:11
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 22 Feb 2013 :  10:34:54  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well the fact is, the coalition DIDN'T make the same deals Labor did to get into power, did they?

And wouldn't it have been better fo rher to just lie to a couple of greens (who are loonys anyway) than lie to the entire electorate?

Simple fact: She LIED. So if someone calls her a liar, it's not because she's a woman, it's because she's a LIAR.

Edited by - karter on 22 Feb 2013 10:38:32
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 22 Feb 2013 :  11:02:44  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
why don't you put so much emphasis on Abbott telling lies then?

Go to Top of Page

stucar17
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
781 Posts
joined 23 Mar 07

Posted - 22 Feb 2013 :  12:27:56  Show Profile Send stucar17 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Dont think this will help their cause Trev....

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/asylum-seekers-housed-in-sydney-uni/comments-e6freuy9-1226583268614

You call him NO NO Abbott, but he has proven time and again that he was right to say no.

Carbon tax has made not nearly as much money as the idiot Swan predicted, The mining tax made NO money, Hell, even the pink bat scheme that they botched is in the too hard basket where they arent even chasing the guys who ripped them off costing us even more money.

30% support and falling, might be time to start looking for another party trev, at this rate the will be extinct by the time the election comes about......

Im fat because every time i shag your missus she gives me a cookie!

Edited by - stucar17 on 22 Feb 2013 12:46:42
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 22 Feb 2013 :  12:29:25  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
sounds like a shock kock beat up to me.

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 22 Feb 2013 :  13:23:22  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by stucar17

Carbon tax has made not nearly as much money as the idiot Swan predicted
in 6 months FFS.

quote:

The mining tax made NO money
WRONG, it made a lot less han forecast for good reasons

quote:

Hell, even the pink bat scheme that they botched is in the too hard basket where they arent even chasing the guys who ripped them off costing us even more money.
move on mate, jeez, that was in 2009, and intorduced with the best inentions, but some shoddy installers ****ed it

quote:

30% support and falling, might be time to start looking for another party trev, at this rate the will be extinct by the time the election comes about......

I am happy to not look the same glasses you obviously do, we will see how happy you are a year after if Abbott wins

Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17197 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 22 Feb 2013 :  13:47:56  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
just disagree with one of your points Trev... the pink batts scheme...

can't blame the installers on that one... it was the way the thing was run by the gov't that allowed it to happen... if it was run properly then it would have been a good thing for us.

Go to Top of Page

stucar17
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
781 Posts
joined 23 Mar 07

Posted - 22 Feb 2013 :  15:23:37  Show Profile Send stucar17 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
your kidding arent you trev

The minning tax is a flop because the 2 morons, Gillard and Swan, let the mining companies come up with something that they wanted. Funnily enough that meant they didnt pay anything. Go figure. If you think these 2 morons are so good at economics how do you explain that it only raised $126 million in its first 6 months? They forecast 2 BILLION over 12 months, i suppose you are waiting for them to say the next 6 will produce taxes worth about 1.98 billion......pretty big shortfall there !

Had to laugh at this....typical political opportunism, but you can deny it ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IwGX9I-aow

Carbon tax, these morons put the carbon price at $23 a tonne and the world wide price has tanked. interesting take from the financial review ? http://www.afr.com/p/opinion/somersaults_and_belly_flop_carbon_gvqNJJfU8dRTyL1EXzjdMJ

Surplus....Everyone knew that they wouldnt get to a surplus yet they kept on telling us they would http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=ZdcYhsczZlw&NR=1

Pink batts, i get so damn frustrated at the waste that goes on, (all governments granted) but the governmant in their wisdom have let approx 3 million in dodgy installations go because it will cost them too much to track them down. 3 million is a few teachers, nurses, ambos etc that could be paid. At the end of the day it was another policy failure.

Surely you cant deny that they dismantled the Howard asylum seeker policy and its blown up on them big time. To say that having 80 asylum seekers holed up in university accommodation, unbeknown to the government just shows how bad the policy is. Of course its just a shock jock making it up....

Swan always talks about those with self interest, but even blind freddy can see that all the labor party does is related to self interest, trying to stay on the gravy train. The unions are so corrupt its not funny, and they do anything they can to make a buck. Just found this too

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/breaking-news/labor-linked-clubs-vote-to-delay-trial/story-e6freuz0-1226583700059

Admit what 70% of the population can see, labor are useless, rotten, corrupt and inept.

I thought this sums up the labor party perfectly at the moment http://www.2gb.com/article/war-words

How the hell anyone can still support them im buggered if i know....

Edited by - stucar17 on 22 Feb 2013 15:34:35
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9779 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 22 Feb 2013 :  15:34:22  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I admire people who can support their political party no matter what. I can't see much difference between either side of Australian politics atm., and I can't support any political party - but I know bad management when I see it. The ALP has been our government since 2007, and despite some on here telling us about all the legislation that has been passed despite a hung parliament, the government has really gone nowhere and done nothing - except flounder backwards. Most legislation passed is normal day-to-day stuff that both sides agree on, and through it goes. Some requires debate and negotiation, but gets through. Nothing particularly clever or meritorious there. A few independents in the lower house, a majority in the upper house, and legislation happens. I can't see any real progress with any of the legislation though. Economically, Australia has gone backwards since the ALP came to power. We survived the GFC, but we were never really caught up in it. We had a healthy surplus, strong home ownership and strong banks (something none of the countries that floundered had), and we had China (virtually unaffected by the GFC) paying us top dollars for our iron ore, coal, bauxite, etc. throughout the GFC. We now find ourselves having gone from a $22 billion surplus to a $160 billion deficit. Yes, that's only around 10% of GDP, and compared to other countries, it's pretty good. The USA is up to a deficit around 80% of GDP, and Greece, Spain and Ireland went way over 100%. Still, what do we have to show for that deficit? Nothing, as far as I can see, and I can only see that deficit continuing to grow. The NBN has barely begun to be paid for. That's another $36-40 billion, depending who you listen to (heading for way more, from what I can see), the NDIS is totally unfunded (expected to cost $15 billion a year when fully operational - but the Australian Government Actuary report, released under Freedom of Information, puts it at $22 billion a year), and there's plenty more unfunded promises still to go. I don't know about the NBN. Maybe it's a worthy infrastructure project. The NDIS is certainly worthy, and so are various other Labor promises, but we are heading into paying for them after going backwards at around $36 billion a year for five years for little result.

I won't go on about Wayne and Julia's repeated "iron clad", "failure is not an option" promises about a surplus this year. It was never going to happen. They should have just shut up. So, after more than five years of Labor, we have a financial mess, and almost nothing resolved or improved since Kevin '07 became PM. The "irregular boat arrivals" are increasing faster than Wayne can find ways to understate (by a few billion here and there) what they are costing us. I'm all for Australia upping it's migrant intake, but this is out of hand. Then silly Chris Bowen and various other Labor ministers blame the opposition for the mess, in not supporting the ALP legislation - which was only getting back to where the Coalition was in the first place.

The ALP deserves to be booted out. Just hopeless. The problem is that I can't see much joy in the alternative.

Edited by - Zac on 22 Feb 2013 15:37:16
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 22 Feb 2013 :  16:43:52  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

can definitely agree with you that this is one hell of a dysfunctional gov't Albert... but who put that gov't together? she got into bed with the devil, she can't complain about the end result. just like Nicholas Cage found out in Ghostrider, you can make your deal but sooner or later the devil will make his collection.

Abbott could not have rules in his own right either. The Greens have the balance in the senate. The Greens hate the Libs more than Labor.

quote:
Originally posted by karter

So isn't the bull**** about Abbot being a liar just something concocted by Labor? Or maybe it's just because he's a man?

BTW the Howard GST thing was a different kettle of fish, compared to Gillard and the Carbon tax. And you know it.

Howard took the proposed GST to the polls, and gained a clear mandate to introduce it from the electors. Gillard said she wouldn't bring in a carbon tax, got elected, (kinda sorta) then immediately went ahead and did it.

Might need to look up the meanings of "never" and "ever". Howard still backflipped.

Clear mandate? He lost the primary vote.

stucar17, the Lib states put up their mining royalties and took most of the super profits away from the MRRT. And if Gillard/Swan didn't rework the MRRT, the government now would be paying the mining companies money for the fall in profits from lower prices.

Nice work using looney right wing links too! Liberal Party TV??? Yeah there is a fair an objective view.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 22 Feb 2013 17:06:01
Go to Top of Page

stucar17
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
781 Posts
joined 23 Mar 07

Posted - 22 Feb 2013 :  18:35:51  Show Profile Send stucar17 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What, the ABC ? Real liberal !!

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 22 Feb 2013 :  21:47:27  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karter

It certainly was a different kettle of fish seeing that, at the time he had the largest swing against any sitting government in Australias history. He also with the help of preferential voting system only got 48% of the vote.

He has all that go against him and still claims he had a mandate.

Over 50 percent of the people rejected him and his party

Pink Batts.
Oh please.
If you pay a tradesman to come into your house and becuase of his slack training and control of his workforce some one dies, do you get the blame for supplying the money.

Not in this country and not in any ****ing country on this planet.
The Liberal lovers just keep blaming the ALP for this because they gain traction from it.
All Labor did was supply the money.

Every death has now gone through the courts and in each and every case the company was found to be negligent. One death up here was because one employee couldn't make it to work one day and his mate who had never done one bit of insulation took his place.

Ironic that the very people that ripped off the insulation and the BER probably would have been conservative voters in the first place.

Says a lot about their morals.

Zacs on the money. Labor have passion fingers, they've ****ed everything they've touched.
Probably the worst government in our history, but seriously you blokes are delusional if you think Abbott and the rest of the right wing loonies that inhabit their front bench at the moment are the answer

For those that think the liberal party is full of wonderful people.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/former-staff-allege-redcliffe-mp-scott-driscoll-subjected-them-to-sexual-harassment/story-e6freoof-1226581499627

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/lnp-ignored-warnings-over-scott-driscolls-suitability-as-an-mp/story-e6freoof-1226583851569

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/redcliffe-mp-fails-to-declare-personal-business-interests-and-blames-the-slip-on-an-oversight/story-fn6ck45n-1226582299961

and then there's the alledged miuse and disappearence of money he was in charge of that was reported in the courier mail in one of the weekend papers.

See the LNP have their Craig Thomsen and they've got another Peter Slipper

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES

Edited by - bigcol on 22 Feb 2013 22:21:16
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 23 Feb 2013 :  02:04:28  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

I admire people who can support their political party no matter what. I can't see much difference between either side of Australian politics atm., and I can't support any political party - but I know bad management when I see it. The ALP has been our government since 2007, and despite some on here telling us about all the legislation that has been passed despite a hung parliament, the government has really gone nowhere and done nothing - except flounder backwards. Most legislation passed is normal day-to-day stuff that both sides agree on, and through it goes. Some requires debate and negotiation, but gets through. Nothing particularly clever or meritorious there. A few independents in the lower house, a majority in the upper house, and legislation happens. I can't see any real progress with any of the legislation though. Economically, Australia has gone backwards since the ALP came to power. We survived the GFC, but we were never really caught up in it. We had a healthy surplus, strong home ownership and strong banks (something none of the countries that floundered had), and we had China (virtually unaffected by the GFC) paying us top dollars for our iron ore, coal, bauxite, etc. throughout the GFC. We now find ourselves having gone from a $22 billion surplus to a $160 billion deficit. Yes, that's only around 10% of GDP, and compared to other countries, it's pretty good. The USA is up to a deficit around 80% of GDP, and Greece, Spain and Ireland went way over 100%. Still, what do we have to show for that deficit? Nothing, as far as I can see, and I can only see that deficit continuing to grow. The NBN has barely begun to be paid for. That's another $36-40 billion, depending who you listen to (heading for way more, from what I can see), the NDIS is totally unfunded (expected to cost $15 billion a year when fully operational - but the Australian Government Actuary report, released under Freedom of Information, puts it at $22 billion a year), and there's plenty more unfunded promises still to go. I don't know about the NBN. Maybe it's a worthy infrastructure project. The NDIS is certainly worthy, and so are various other Labor promises, but we are heading into paying for them after going backwards at around $36 billion a year for five years for little result.

I won't go on about Wayne and Julia's repeated "iron clad", "failure is not an option" promises about a surplus this year. It was never going to happen. They should have just shut up. So, after more than five years of Labor, we have a financial mess, and almost nothing resolved or improved since Kevin '07 became PM. The "irregular boat arrivals" are increasing faster than Wayne can find ways to understate (by a few billion here and there) what they are costing us. I'm all for Australia upping it's migrant intake, but this is out of hand. Then silly Chris Bowen and various other Labor ministers blame the opposition for the mess, in not supporting the ALP legislation - which was only getting back to where the Coalition was in the first place.

The ALP deserves to be booted out. Just hopeless. The problem is that I can't see much joy in the alternative.

and tell me what would have been different under a Liberal Government, hang on I will save you the grief, we would now be a Greece, absolutely ****ed due to the fact that Abbott would have taken us down his 'demi-gods' path (John Howard)

Seriously all you blokes need to take your blinkers off and look outside our borders.

The worlds economy is ****ed, we are the shining light, although there might have been some small gains during the last week in the rest of world, but for how long?

Do you think no-one else in the world is having border control issues with asylum seekers? Look on the net and see what problems other countries are having

TAKE YOU RIGHT WING ROSE COLOURED BLINKERS OFF!!!! The world is now bigger than Australia.

There is no doubting Australia was doing well under Howard, but it had **** all to do with Howard, in fact history is now showing us his Government mis-managed the windfall we could have had.

I know this is old news, but when a serious recession hits, Government need to act swiftly and Labor did, the best way to stave off recession is for the Government to stimulate the economy and the best way to do that is through the building industry, the flow-ons fom them are huge.

The Labor Govenment stimulated the economy, yes it cost money and YES Aboott would have to do it it, but would he have and would they have reacted quick enough - in my opinion NO!!!!!

Edited by - Trev on 23 Feb 2013 02:07:57
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9779 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 23 Feb 2013 :  06:25:46  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, you've certainly convinced yourself, and that's a lot of capital letters, exclamation marks and asterisks in there, but I'll need something more conclusive than that to see the current government as anything more than incompetent and disorganised - and it's not just me. Every poll shows the majority of Australians think the same. Yeah, there's only one poll that counts, but the polls conducted by Nielsen, Galaxy, Newspoll etc. have been accurate forecasters of the poll that counts for a long time now - which is why Julia Gillard (despite saying she is too busy running the country to take notice of them) keeps a close watch on the polls, and why Labor employs its own polling company. Do you think Australian voters get it right? I do. Despite some people who say silly things like "undeniable facts" such as we vote according to what glasses Julia wears or other such things, Australian voters are far more astute than that. Just check out the posts on here from people of various political persuasions. We look at the issues and we have a pretty good understanding of how our country is being run - and we're just a collection of (mainly) blokes with a common interest in car racing.

quote:
Originally posted by Trev

TAKE YOU RIGHT WING ROSE COLOURED BLINKERS OFF!!!!
FWIW, let me tell you a little about myself. You may not be interested, but here goes: I can't recall the last time I voted Liberal in a Federal election. I can tell you about the only direct political actions I've taken over recent times. The last time was prior to the 2010 election, when I spent a couple of weekends (REM will be amused by this) distributing flyers for GetUp in the Bennelong electorate urging voters to consider the various issues affecting them before voting. The time before that was back in 2003, joining Tony Sheldon, National Secretary of the TWU (and now National Secretary of the ALP) in a protest and then a meeting with Peter Costello at Parliament House to discuss proposed legislation Costello had in place to make sub-contractors become proprietary limited companies. His aim was to make subbies fund their own super and workers comp. We won. Tony Sheldon is a good bloke, and I agree with him on many political issues.

So much for my right wing, rose coloured blinkers (whatever they may be). I am a financial conservative (as Kevin Rudd and Wayne Swan used to keep telling us they are), but I don't see myself as right wing. I just see the current government as dysfunctional and incompetent - as the majority of Australians also seem to do. Not only is it dysfunctional and incompetent, but also right wing in a lot of its current policies and attitudes.

BTW, why tell stucar to "move on " when he mentioned what Labor did in 2009 - but you keep telling us about what John Howard did years before then?

Edited by - Zac on 23 Feb 2013 10:06:46
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.45 seconds.