V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 24 Feb 2013 :  07:41:15  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:
Originally posted by karter

quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

quote:

BTW the Howard GST thing was a different kettle of fish, compared to Gillard and the Carbon tax. And you know it.

Howard took the proposed GST to the polls, and gained a clear mandate to introduce it from the electors. Gillard said she wouldn't bring in a carbon tax, got elected, (kinda sorta) then immediately went ahead and did it.

It certainly was a different kettle of fish seeing that, at the time he had the largest swing against any sitting government in Australias history. He also with the help of preferential voting system only got 48% of the vote.

He has all that go against him and still claims he had a mandate.

Over 50 percent of the people rejected him and his party

Thing is, Howard went to an election saying "If you elect me I'll introduce a GST"

He was elected, he introduced a GST.

(I guess if he hadn't you'd be screaming "Liar" because of that!)

Gillard said "Elect me and I won't introduce a carbon tax"....

Well, I guess you lot's excuse for her is that she wasn't really elected....

Gillard didn't rule out a carbon price before the election.

FMD! With blinkers like that, how do you find your dick to take a piss?

Edited by - karter on 24 Feb 2013 07:42:42
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 24 Feb 2013 :  08:01:41  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

quote:

BTW the Howard GST thing was a different kettle of fish, compared to Gillard and the Carbon tax. And you know it.

Howard took the proposed GST to the polls, and gained a clear mandate to introduce it from the electors. Gillard said she wouldn't bring in a carbon tax, got elected, (kinda sorta) then immediately went ahead and did it.

It certainly was a different kettle of fish seeing that, at the time he had the largest swing against any sitting government in Australias history. He also with the help of preferential voting system only got 48% of the vote.

He has all that go against him and still claims he had a mandate.

Over 50 percent of the people rejected him and his party

Thing is, Howard went to an election saying "If you elect me I'll introduce a GST"

He was elected, he introduced a GST.

(I guess if he hadn't you'd be screaming "Liar" because of that!)

Gillard said "Elect me and I won't introduce a carbon tax"....

Well, I guess you lot's excuse for her is that she wasn't really elected....

Gillard didn't rule out a carbon price before the election.

FMD! With blinkers like that, how do you find your dick to take a piss?

rflol

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 24 Feb 2013 :  08:50:18  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh poor Karter is upset...what's the matter? You tell us all about it. Maybe then Tricky can give you one of his group hugs and make it all better.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 24 Feb 2013 :  11:23:11  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Im always ready for a cuddle albie

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 24 Feb 2013 :  12:52:53  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I know you are, that's why I thought it would help

Pity Karter has to go off the deep end. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/julia-gillards-carbon-price-promise/story-fn59niix-1225907522983

couple that with this from Windsor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixgJaBpvNAA

And this from Abbott http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12PN66IBoPs

And now we have to complete story how we got the carbon tax.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 24 Feb 2013 13:02:34
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 24 Feb 2013 :  13:58:52  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Oh poor Karter is upset...what's the matter? You tell us all about it. Maybe then Tricky can give you one of his group hugs and make it all better.

Upset? I'm rolling around laughing at the sheer lunacy I see here!

Sentiments Like "Sure the Gillard government is the worst Australia has ever had, but we should still re-elect her - it's remotely possible the other mob could be worse"

And "Its not a carbon tax, it's a carbon charge"

If you guys were trying to be comical you'd be brilliant!
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 24 Feb 2013 :  14:08:07  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

John Howard not only lost the election but he didn't even win his own seat and got booted out of parliament.

Could the same thing happen to Julia?

2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 24 Feb 2013 :  14:19:12  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Howard's seat was redistributed in such a way as to make it more of a labor seat than a liberal one. I doubt if Gillard would let that happen to her. (in reverse obviously)
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 24 Feb 2013 :  15:15:18  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Upset? I'm rolling around laughing at the sheer lunacy I see here!

Sentiments Like "Sure the Gillard government is the worst Australia has ever had, but we should still re-elect her - it's remotely possible the other mob could be worse"

And "Its not a carbon tax, it's a carbon charge"

If you guys were trying to be comical you'd be brilliant!

NFI. Really, absolutely no ****ing idea.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

stucar17
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
781 Posts
joined 23 Mar 07

Posted - 24 Feb 2013 :  20:48:45  Show Profile Send stucar17 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Did any of you guys watch 4 corners last night?

It was exactly what pisses me off so much with politics, and the waste of our money.

When Howard was PM, he signed us up to be part of the joint strike fighter plan (lockheed martin in the US). Basically he signed a 35 BILLION dollar deal for these aircraft that hadnt even been built yet, and they are now well over budget, unfinished and not as good as the Euro jet which was cheaper and fully tested.

Its **** like that that gets me fuming......

Im fat because every time i shag your missus she gives me a cookie!
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 24 Feb 2013 :  21:23:32  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Stu unfortunately for us. They're all the bloody same.

All ego driven tools that only have re-election on their minds

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 27 Feb 2013 :  13:44:20  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by stucar17

Did any of you guys watch 4 corners last night?

It was exactly what pisses me off so much with politics, and the waste of our money.

When Howard was PM, he signed us up to be part of the joint strike fighter plan (lockheed martin in the US). Basically he signed a 35 BILLION dollar deal for these aircraft that hadnt even been built yet, and they are now well over budget, unfinished and not as good as the Euro jet which was cheaper and fully tested.

Its **** like that that gets me fuming......

Didn't you get the memo? Because it was the Libs who spent the 35 billion on some lemons that the chinese will shoot down in 3 seconds, it wasn't a great big waste... it was smart investment...

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 27 Feb 2013 :  15:41:32  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Speaking of waste. Libs are now whinging about how stimulas cheques were sent to dead people.

I'm curious, how does a dead person cash a cheque?

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9779 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 27 Feb 2013 :  16:08:37  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"Now whinging?" Like Trev would say: "Time to move on." They did raise it at the time, and the issue was not so much that dead people were cashing cheques, but that there was so little management of the sending of those cheques. Like thousands of cheques being sent to people not living in Australia. Big stimulus to the Australian economy there. I don't think any cheques should have been sent at all (BTW, I didn't get one.), but a lot sent to dead people could well have been cashed. Until a dead person's affairs are fully wound up, the executor handles the financial affairs of the deceased. There could well be money coming in after their death, such as interest on their investments or savings, payout of health insurance, life insurance, etc. A cheque from generous Kevin would be just another one.

Moving on... What do we think of Julia moving into the Rooty Hill RSL ("Labor's heartland" )for a week? Sounds like she's feeling fairly negative about September 14 (if that's when the election is held). In most elections, governments want to chase the opposition's marginal seats, not try to shore up what used to be totally safe seats of their own. I think she's thinking 'loss minimisation' rather than winning. She must have been looking at those polls that she tells us she doesn't watch. Funny, because I thought her excuse for telling Kevin she was after his job in the first place was bad poll figures that she took to show him.

Edited by - Zac on 27 Feb 2013 16:18:19
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 27 Feb 2013 :  16:30:07  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Speaking of waste. Libs are now whinging about how stimulas cheques were sent to dead people.

I'm curious, how does a dead person cash a cheque?

Easy - their estate does!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.67 seconds.