V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Sonic

Australia
17197 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 27 Feb 2013 :  16:47:23  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

Speaking of waste. Libs are now whinging about how stimulas cheques were sent to dead people.

I'm curious, how does a dead person cash a cheque?

Easy - their estate does!

Also sent direct via EFT....

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 27 Feb 2013 :  17:19:41  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Happened when we were winding up my old man's estate, no big deal, just another negative tactic by the Liberals and the media who love feeding on this ****

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 27 Feb 2013 :  17:28:58  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Speaking of waste. Libs are now whinging about how stimulas cheques were sent to dead people.

Not to mention citizens who reside overseas as well.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 27 Feb 2013 :  17:56:55  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
owwww, heelllllloooo, is this THE Bundy????? and his first post

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 27 Feb 2013 :  18:27:06  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

owwww, heelllllloooo, is this THE Bundy????? and his first post

Go to Top of Page

the undertaker
Team Manager

New Zealand
2966 Posts
joined 08 Nov 09

Posted - 27 Feb 2013 :  18:33:08  Show Profile Send the undertaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Bundy5!!! Someone's been keeping a running tally.

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 27 Feb 2013 :  21:59:14  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:

Unless people inform the ATO of their status, the government would have sent it to whoever was eligible a cheque.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 27 Feb 2013 :  22:26:17  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

Unless people inform the ATO of their status, the government would have sent it to whoever was eligible a cheque.

Not exactly the best use of taxpayer's money though. It didn't even suit their purpose which was to stimulate our economy.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 27 Feb 2013 :  23:50:36  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Not exactly the best use of taxpayer's money though. It didn't even suit their purpose which was to stimulate our economy.

A very small percetage. The stimulas worked, we did get the full brunt of the GFC.

The Libs can and have wasted billions, so it's case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 28 Feb 2013 :  07:45:38  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
One of the biggest splash of cash the Libs ever did to get votes was the Baby Bonus, all that has done has created a managerial nightmare, trying to manage the money on behalf of those people who can’t manage their own money and it has also developed a potential new generation of 'baby boomers'

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 28 Feb 2013 :  08:02:57  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

One of the biggest splash of cash the Libs ever did to get votes was the Baby Bonus, all that has done has created a managerial nightmare, trying to manage the money on behalf of those people who can’t manage their own money and it has also developed a potential new generation of 'baby boomers'

It was either that or drip feed them the 3k.

When we have such a large portion of the population as baby boomers to contend with and the difficulties we face in supporting them long-term not to mention a declining birth rate, a 3k incentive up front was a way to counteract these difficulties as the children born then with their taxes paid when they start working will assist with our liabilities as a nation.

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9779 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 28 Feb 2013 :  08:27:28  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Costello's 'baby bonus' was overly generous and not well thought through, but although Wayne Swan could have canned it, he only wound it back a bit for the second and subsequent babies - and only did that while looking for ways to find his 2013 surplus. We're still waiting to find out how much he missed that by. Still, if we want to compare lists of daft ways to throw money away, this current government is way ahead of any previous government by billions, no, make that tens of billions of dollars.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 28 Feb 2013 :  08:31:29  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So in other words, a cash splash to protect the economy. Sounds familiar...

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9779 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 28 Feb 2013 :  09:40:21  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah, kind of - but always staying in surplus. That's the tricky bit.

Now folks, stand by for a déjà-vu moment...
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 28 Feb 2013 :  12:29:50  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

When we have such a large portion of the population as baby boomers to contend with and the difficulties we face in supporting them long-term.

I ****ing love this argument "we have to support the baby boomers"

It is such a crock of **** argument. We (the baby boomers) have contributed more financially to this country than any other group of people, we have been full time employed, we have paid our taxes, we have invested in Super and now we become a burden - FFS. Just think about how many of us there are, think about how much tax we have paid since we started our working life at 15 or 16. Think about how much money we contributed to society.

Answer me this, WHERE DID ALL THE MONEY GO THAT WE PAID IN TAXES? I will tell you where, John Howard spent it on ****. He was the one who first started bleating on about "what a burden the baby boomers will be" We paid our way, unemployment was at an all time low during "our time".

Nothing makes me angrier than these young bastards (now, what is the unemployment rate for under 25's) sooking about supporting us. FFS, who do they think their parents are? Who paid their way, many of these young bastards are still living at home sponging on their 'baby boomer' parents.

Edited by - Trev on 28 Feb 2013 14:17:15
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 31.23 seconds.