V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 05 Mar 2013 :  20:51:43  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Two things about the coalition really scare me!

1. Abbott is going to reset the tax-free threshold back to where it used to be, which will take money out of our pockets and kill off part-time workers in this country, and

2. He says he is going to abolish the carbon tax without compensating those that have spent millions making them selves compliant with the current legislation!

That's two biggies that are going to have a massive impact on our living standards!!

I'm not sure Tony actually understands the real world at all!! he's living under Julie Bishops skirt!! urghhhhhhhhh!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 05 Mar 2013 :  23:05:13  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Looks like 60 minutes is taking Tony Baloney to task about his lies.

Not too many things make me happier than seeing that imbecile cringe and pull the silent trick when he doesn't want to answer questions.
Which is quite often but the media are so used to it they don't even bother with it anymore

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 06 Mar 2013 :  00:02:53  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

They only make up a very small percent of the skilled workforce and industry are crying out for them as there are holes in the skills that we Aussies have, there is no need to ban them outright; just limit them to an appropriate number that still gives Aussies a chance.
Isn't that what she is planning, plus focussing on skills shortage areas or did I mis-hear her this morning on the news.

I think you spend too much time listening to dribble from Abbott and not hearing what she is saying

The issue has taken off because the Labor party pulled out sone stat that the increase in the growth of the 457s is faster than the growth of employment and are using it to justify the reduction of 457 approvals, the coalition wants it to continus as is, saying and rightly so that these foreign workers should be given an opportunity where Australian labour is scarce. And as I said above as long as it is kept to an appropriate level, that is the 457 approvals, I see no harm.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 06 Mar 2013 :  05:17:02  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Not too many things make me happier than seeing that imbecile cringe and pull the silent trick when he doesn't want to answer questions.
Which is quite often but the media are so used to it they don't even bother with it anymore

Damn, it looks like I missed it, would have been nice to see, it is about time the media started focusing on him more.

quote:

The issue has taken off because the Labor party pulled out sone stat that the increase in the growth of the 457s is faster than the growth of employment and are using it to justify the reduction of 457 approvals
isn't that a good thing?

Look after our own before we look after those from overseas - sheesshhh

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 06 Mar 2013 05:18:17
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 06 Mar 2013 :  07:50:40  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Damn, it looks like I missed it, would have been nice to see, it is about time the media started focusing on him more.

quote:

The issue has taken off because the Labor party pulled out sone stat that the increase in the growth of the 457s is faster than the growth of employment and are using it to justify the reduction of 457 approvals
isn't that a good thing?

Was on the promos last night, so you haven't missed it yet

Amazing how much pull Gina Rinehart has with Tony Baloney
Thats the only reason why he isn't wanting to do something with the 457 visa

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 06 Mar 2013 :  13:12:03  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

isn't that a good thing?

Pity Julia couldn't find a main man locally rather than using a 457 :(
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 06 Mar 2013 :  13:31:59  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:

quote:

quote:

isn't that a good thing?

Pity Julia couldn't find a main man locally rather than using a 457 :(

He's got you there Trev

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 06 Mar 2013 :  15:23:03  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Amazing how much pull Gina Rinehart has with Tony Baloney
Thats the only reason why he isn't wanting to do something with the 457 visa

Yeah when you vote for the Coalition you better realise that you are electing PM Rinehart. Abbott wants the asylum seekers to be treated worse than criminals but loves his 457s for every other foreigner. Obviously he doesn't care about foreigners taking Australian jobs. So why does he hate asylum seekers so much?

Gina will have her Aussies working for $2 a day like she always wanted, or she'll bring in a bunch of Indians on 457s to work her tax free mines up north for $1.50 a day. And Abbott will rubber stamp everything she wants.

Look at how unemployment rose within months of them taking QLD. Do you really want that in the rest of the country?

I find it funny that of all the whinges about Julia, the thing that had the worst effect on the Australian economy since 2010 was electing Screwman in QLD.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 06 Mar 2013 :  15:41:47  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

Two things about the coalition really scare me!

1. Abbott is going to reset the tax-free threshold back to where it used to be, which will take money out of our pockets and kill off part-time workers in this country, and

2. He says he is going to abolish the carbon tax without compensating those that have spent millions making them selves compliant with the current legislation!

That's two biggies that are going to have a massive impact on our living standards!!

I'm not sure Tony actually understands the real world at all!! he's living under Julie Bishops skirt!! urghhhhhhhhh!!

Abbott doesn't care about the low income erners. He just wants to get rid of the carbon tax as it does no favours to the very top end of town.

The libs would have you believe that we will all save $170 a year on power bills, that only half of what they have gone up. So we will still pay more and no compensation.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 06 Mar 2013 :  19:33:30  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ted (doing nothing) Baillieu (vict Lib Premier) - GONE!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!

Stepped down as he doesnot have the confidence of his party. LOL

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 06 Mar 2013 19:36:51
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 06 Mar 2013 :  19:36:42  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/baillieu-quits-as-premier-reports-20130306-2fk80.html

Warning as to what will come if Abbott is elected.

Wait, replacing Abbott with anyone is an improvement.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 06 Mar 2013 :  20:58:54  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Ted (doing nothing) Baillieu (vict Lib Premier) - GONE!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!

Stepped down as he doesnot have the confidence of his party. LOL

Nothing more than a bit of window dressing - like what Labor is doing in SA

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 06 Mar 2013 :  22:40:49  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not such a big deal now is it. Where are the cries of incompetence, the contempt of the voters...blah blah blah.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 06 Mar 2013 :  23:38:21  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

Not such a big deal now is it. Where are the cries of incompetence, the contempt of the voters...blah blah blah.

Don't live in Victoria so don't really care

However I will concede that I do feel like a bit of a hypocrit

Go to Top of Page

the undertaker
Team Manager

New Zealand
2966 Posts
joined 08 Nov 09

Posted - 07 Mar 2013 :  04:55:48  Show Profile Send the undertaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It amazes me that the mods allow the name calling in this thread, when they come down like a ton of bricks at the mere hint of a name change for anything to do with the drivers or teams.

Time to level the playing field, guys.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 7.59 seconds.