V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 07 Mar 2013 :  07:07:06  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
However, the one thing I will say is that compared to Kevin Rudd being rolled at least the Liberal Party had just cause considering Ballieu was behind in the polls.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 07 Mar 2013 :  12:02:34  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by the undertaker

It amazes me that the mods allow the name calling in this thread, when they come down like a ton of bricks at the mere hint of a name change for anything to do with the drivers or teams.

Time to level the playing field, guys.

Thanks for your comment, I am sure the mods will consider it.

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

However, the one thing I will say is that compared to Kevin Rudd being rolled at least the Liberal Party had just cause considering Ballieu was behind in the polls.

interesting - the leader of a first term goverment is out and no song and dance, why is that? I can tell you, not the Labor Party, similar cicumstances to Rudds departure, and now everyone hates Gillard for it, Ted goes and the media doesn't give a ****.

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 07 Mar 2013 12:14:51
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 07 Mar 2013 :  12:59:27  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:

interesting - the leader of a first term goverment is out and no song and dance, why is that? I can tell you, not the Labor Party, similar cicumstances to Rudds departure, and now everyone hates Gillard for it, Ted goes and the media doesn't give a ****.

Again I reiterate the point that Ballieu was behind in the polls, Rudd wasn't when he was knifed by the faceless men and the other point to be made is that Rudd was the first labor leader in over 20 years since Hawke came to power who really captured the attention of the voters; he knocked off a long-term PM who had previously increased his majority in the previous election of 04, so it was an effort that should have at least seen Rudd defend his Prime minstership at the next election.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 07 Mar 2013 :  14:35:38  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Again I reiterate the point that Ballieu was behind in the polls, Rudd wasn't when he was knifed by the faceless men and the other point to be made is that Rudd was the first labor leader in over 20 years since Hawke came to power who really captured the attention of the voters; he knocked off a long-term PM who had previously increased his majority in the previous election of 04, so it was an effort that should have at least seen Rudd defend his Prime minstership at the next election.

I personally hate Rudd and his management style, I was glad to see the arse end of him.

And it is good of you to pick up on the dribble from the Liberals, these 'faceless men' are all elected representative who have a seat in Parliament, so I am not sure where this bull-**** originated, but it has been proven to be garbage, but nice of you to recycle for the 50 millionth time.

And seeing as you want to dredge up history, lets talk about when the Liberals kicked out a sitting Prime Minister, in case you are young, his name was John Gorton and I remember it happening, funny how Abbott never talks about that little piece of history.

Edited by - Trev on 07 Mar 2013 14:37:14
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17197 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 07 Mar 2013 :  15:41:54  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
i didn't see much of the leadup to the Rudd disposal... however i did hear the last few days on the Baillieu one on 3aw...

the tapes that came out this week have left the Libs in a pretty poor light for mine and the top bloke had to go for it... the replacement tho has to be a Liberal party joke...

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 07 Mar 2013 :  16:21:48  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Err...Rudd was behind in the polls when he was rolled.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 07 Mar 2013 :  17:10:12  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trevinteresting - the leader of a first term goverment is out and no song and dance, why is that? I can tell you, not the Labor Party, similar cicumstances to Rudds departure, and now everyone hates Gillard for it, Ted goes and the media doesn't give a ****.
Do you think it might be that it's just a state government and not the Australian government? FWIW, Bailleau's departure got broad coverage in NSW. All the right wing media (both the daily papers, commercial TV channels and radio, and all the internet news sites that I saw) covered it, even though it's hardly big news anywhere but in Victoria. Also, he wasn't rolled like Rudd was rolled. Did he jump or was he pushed? Who knows, and who really cares? He was an average leader, leading (to quote PK) "a bunch of nobodies going nowhere"), and as I said in an earlier post, his government was hanging by a thread anyway - and still is. No big deal, and no big loss, and no big news - certainly not in the same league as rolling a Prime Minister. Speaking of which: I think I know why Tony Abbott doesn't refer to John Gorton's removal as PM, now that you brought it up (again). It was over forty years ago (like, even before Gough Whitlam became PM) and hardly relevant to today, when probably half the voting public weren't even born. Besides, Gorton actually voted against himself in the ballot for leader, and it was his casting vote that put him out of office. I'm not sure why you referred to it now, or why you have referred to it previously. It's a pretty crappy comparison to Gillard rolling Rudd.

Edited by - Zac on 07 Mar 2013 17:14:03
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 07 Mar 2013 :  17:27:15  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It seems it doesn't matter which side of politics they're from they're all out to feather their own nest.

Peter Costello did the audit on the QLD economy. It cost the QLD taxpayer 2.2 million.

Part of Costellos report recommended the sale of public assets.

Turns out Peter Costello owns a lobbying company that deals with the sale of public assets.

THis was nothing more than a political stunt by Numb Nuts Newman,

A company like Deloitte should have done it not some Liberal stooge

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 07 Mar 2013 :  18:08:18  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

I'm not sure why you referred to it now, or why you have referred to it previously. It's a pretty crappy comparison to Gillard rolling Rudd.

pot - kettle, I guess, one could argue that 3 years ago is a long time in politics, but old Tony keeps dragging it up.

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 07 Mar 2013 :  18:39:52  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Three years and the current PM, and 40+ years and a bloke who's been dead for honks. Pretty close.
EDIT: 'Honks' = 'yonks'. Silly auto correct on iPhone.

Edited by - Zac on 07 Mar 2013 22:45:15
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 07 Mar 2013 :  23:37:08  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

Err...Rudd was behind in the polls when he was rolled.

52-48 to Labor - I remember it well.

quote:
Originally posted by Trev

And it is good of you to pick up on the dribble from the Liberals, these 'faceless men' are all elected representative who have a seat in Parliament, so I am not sure where this bull-**** originated, but it has been proven to be garbage, but nice of you to recycle for the 50 millionth time.

So where does Paul Howes fit into all of this?

quote:
Originally posted by Zac
Besides, Gorton actually voted against himself in the ballot for leader, and it was his casting vote that put him out of office.

Didn't know that - but does show how irrelevant the comparison is.

Edited by - bundy5 on 07 Mar 2013 23:44:00
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 08 Mar 2013 :  16:43:11  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Primary?

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 08 Mar 2013 :  20:18:53  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Primary?

Two party preferred unless there are only two parties in our system of government

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 09 Mar 2013 :  02:10:19  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No, I'm asking what was the Primary.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 09 Mar 2013 :  09:03:23  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

No, I'm asking what was the Primary.

Why does that matter? Labor was in an election winning position and certainly better than it is now.

Anyway my recollection doesn't stretch back that far but you can sort of guess with a two PP of 52-48 that Labor would have been somewhere in the late 30s with green preferences pulling them over the line.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.17 seconds.