V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 09 Mar 2013 :  10:55:52  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You remember the two party vote well but your memory doesn't strech back that far back to remember the primary.

It does matter, it was the reason Rudd was rolled. If he was in an election winning position they wouldn't have ditched him.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 09 Mar 2013 :  18:56:59  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

You remember the two party vote well but your memory doesn't strech back that far back to remember the primary.

It does matter, it was the reason Rudd was rolled. If he was in an election winning position they wouldn't have ditched him.

Thought I was right

Rudd got knifed on 24 June - this is the closest newspoll.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/tony-abbott-narrows-gap-on-kevin-rudd/story-e6frg6n6-1225882038091

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 09 Mar 2013 18:58:33
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 09 Mar 2013 :  21:36:34  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Never questioned the two party vote. Thanks for proving me right on the primary.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 10 Mar 2013 :  06:55:50  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

So where does Paul Howes fit into all of this?

Certainly NOT a faceless person if that is your inference.

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 10 Mar 2013 :  09:53:42  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:

I wouldn't be so sure about that given he was boasting about the move on lateline that same night Rudd was knifed.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 10 Mar 2013 :  10:04:15  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Gee I think Labor would love to have those figures above these days...

Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 10 Mar 2013 :  23:11:21  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
even back then Abbott sucked

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 10 Mar 2013 :  23:25:51  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

I wouldn't be so sure about that given he was boasting about the move on lateline that same night Rudd was knifed.

I meant he is not an unknown / faceleess person, he is very well known , nothing back room about him

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 11 Mar 2013 :  03:02:43  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I meant he is not an unknown / faceleess person, he is very well known , nothing back room about him

I disagree there Trev - he might be well known now but back then no one hardly knew of him.

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 11 Mar 2013 :  09:05:39  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I wouldn't have a clue about who is and who isn't a 'faceless man'. What's the criteria? Maybe some were faceless men, but aren't now. Paul Howes thinks he is (or was) a faceless man, though. After all, he wrote a book titled 'Confessions of a Faceless Man'. Does that mean I win this little point of debate - and can we now move on? Bickering about what was or wasn't Labor's primary vote three years ago is not really very interesting. Besides, are we talking about actual votes - or those polls that Julia doesn't watch?
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 11 Mar 2013 :  09:32:13  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, where would you like to move on that would interest you Zecky? So far you whinged and moaned over evey topic brought up in thread. You related to Abbott or something? All talk, no real direction yourself but complain if it doesn't go your way.

_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 11 Mar 2013 09:39:27
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 11 Mar 2013 :  09:40:50  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No, that's still no good Albie. At least try.
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 11 Mar 2013 :  11:02:42  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How about Gillard's little escapade to Western Sydney being a disaster...article I saw in the paper had Abbott's lead in Western Sydney is at 41% while Gillard is only 31%. And these are traditional labor areas!

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 11 Mar 2013 :  11:34:16  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

How about Gillard's little escapade to Western Sydney being a disaster...article I saw in the paper had Abbott's lead in Western Sydney is at 41% while Gillard is only 31%. And these are traditional labor areas!

Iam struggling to remember a worse PM

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 11 Mar 2013 :  12:46:50  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am with you Trickyonne. Sure the Libs don't seem like a great option, but I cannot support leaving the country in the same hands as now.

The Coalition might be a poor option, but I still haven't seen them at the helm yet, and more than willing to give them a go as long as we don't keep on the same track. I feel a lot of people are of a similar opinion.

Its not voting in Abbott, its getting rid of a failure, and hoping the next mob are an improvement.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.72 seconds.