V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11165 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 12 Mar 2013 :  19:12:55  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

It depends on what you were hoping they would yell at him.

Something along the veins of idiot or numbat Zac.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 12 Mar 2013 :  19:29:09  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No, it's not a bad thing if you were hoping for that. He's heard worse.
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 13 Mar 2013 :  00:07:03  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

These reports of unhappy Labor people wanting Julia to resign are getting more frequent and louder. The problem is finding a replacement. Kevin Rudd? No, they won't go there again. Bill Shorten? ("I agree with her. I don't know what she said - but I'm sure she's right") No, I hope not. We need someone intelligent and able to lead, not just ambitious. Greg Combet? He could well be the man. I doubt he'd have the numbers, but I like the boy. He's got a good handle on any subject he's questioned on, and there's a mean streak in him something akin to a toned-down Paul Keating. I could vote for a Combet-led Labor Party. He'd need to do a lot of work to turn things around in time, but he'd at least minimise the losses the ALP is staring at right now. He'd certainly walk all over Tony Abbott in parliament. Unfortunately, the way the ALP works, I doubt he'll get the job this time. Anyone want to name someone else? The ALP is heading for electoral disaster right now. Everything they do to try to improve their standing heads them further the other way, and the problem starts at the top. Imagine how much worse the numbers would be for Labor if the Coalition had someone with electoral appeal as leader. BTW, Julia should avoid having David Bradbury standing behind her nodding all the time. He looks like something beamed down to Earth from outer space, and is a one-man electoral disaster all on his own.
Therein lies the biggest single issue, Australians are/were not ready for a female PM, what about Kate Lundy, Kate Ellis, Tanya Plebersik, Julie Collins, Jenny Macklin or Penny Wong. Interesting you talk only about blokes, I reckon there are a couple of standout women. Not that I am advocating change.

total BS...now your playing the sexist card ???

Agree - she already gets a benefit from this.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 13 Mar 2013 :  00:14:55  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Meanwhile in the going backwards state of QLD.

The LNP is trying to water down the unions strength so they won't have as many funds to spend on election campaigns while they hold $11000 yes $11000 dollar per head dinners for business to get an audience with the Ministers.

Now rather than fess up and say what it really is which is a LNP election fundraiser they are trying circumvent donation laws by saying it's a fee for service.

Even the ALP did this, but they didn't try to hide what they were doing.

If these clowns stay in power for any length of time it will Fitzgerald enquiry #2 all over again

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES

Edited by - bigcol on 13 Mar 2013 00:16:56
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 14 Mar 2013 :  10:39:22  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I just can't believe the audacity of the Government to lead us to believe that Conroy single handedly rolled cabinet to get his media laws agreed to. Conroy has probably been convinced to take the fall for this one as it's his own legislation, and the cabinet comes out of it looking like it took at a disinterested view when in fact they all probably wanted it just as much as Conroy.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5741 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 14 Mar 2013 :  11:38:55  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

I just can't believe the audacity of the Government to lead us to believe that Conroy single handedly rolled cabinet to get his media laws agreed to. Conroy has probably been convinced to take the fall for this one as it's his own legislation, and the cabinet comes out of it looking like it took at a disinterested view when in fact they all probably wanted it just as much as Conroy.

Interesting on News 24 this morning, Barry Cassidy and the the others on the show were talking about these proposed changes, Cassidy was laughing at the news media who are upset by this, he said that they are not wanting a regulator to ensure they self-regulate, why would they need to do this - simple they are not self-regulating, Conroy wants them to be accountable for what they say/print. Cassidy laughed at the suggestion that the leader of Murdochs news in Australia wants Australians to rebel, when he heads up a sister news to those in England accused of those horrific phone tapping exercises. Don't forget there is a bit of Gina Reinhardt going on in the background as well (she won't be happy with the proposed changes to 457 visa's the Government is proposing) Good on you Stephen Conroy for having the balls to take these pricks on!!!

Also lets talk about Abbott and the 457 Visa's. Gillard plans to make amendments to the 457 Visa's (which I note with interest that you have been quiet on). Tony Abbott should be your favourite now, he reckons the Labor party are haters of overseas people, putting Aussies first is a problem he reckons.
quote:
The opposition accuses Julia Gillard of demonising foreign workers; the government alleges Tony Abbott is discriminating against Australian workers.

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/political-news/leaders-fire-shots-over-457-visa-workers-20130305-2fhk1.html

http://www.cfmeu.net.au/news/abbott-plans-to-significantly-expand-the-457-visa-worker-program

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-national/rorted-457-visa-scheme-to-be-tightened-20130223-2ext2.html

Or is this one of the times the Labor Party have got it right, but you won't say that coz it might hurt?

------------------------

And lets us talk about the State based Liberals, 2 States/Territory's have rolled their FIRST TERM leaders in the last week, one was even gutless enough to do it while the leader was overseas. Get used to it everyone if Abbott gets in

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 14 Mar 2013 14:37:02
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 14 Mar 2013 :  14:44:34  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't know why either side of politics is making an issue of 457 visas. Both Labor and the Coalition support/don't support them to the same degree. It's silly of Abbott to make out that Labor hates people from overseas. They've spent around $6,000,000,000 welcoming tens of thousands of people from overseas. Unskilled people (well, you wouldn't know if they're skilled or not, seeing as they arrive without any papers, identification, passports or visas). We then provide free medical, free legal, plus other benefits plus spending money.

The changes to the media laws are three parts of nothing, but let's see how parliament goes getting the legislation passed.
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 14 Mar 2013 :  18:16:36  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:

Interesting on News 24 this morning, Barry Cassidy and the the others on the show were talking about these proposed changes, Cassidy was laughing at the news media who are upset by this, he said that they are not wanting a regulator to ensure they self-regulate, why would they need to do this - simple they are not self-regulating, Conroy wants them to be accountable for what they say/print. Cassidy laughed at the suggestion that the leader of Murdochs news in Australia wants Australians to rebel, when he heads up a sister news to those in England accused of those horrific phone tapping exercises. Don't forget there is a bit of Gina Reinhardt going on in the background as well (she won't be happy with the proposed changes to 457 visa's the Government is proposing) Good on you Stephen Conroy for having the balls to take these pricks on!!!

And Cassidey likes the move because he works for the ABC which is a rival to News corp in the providing of news and knows that this legislation principally has been brought in to strike at the heart of News' journalistic integrity. I know one person on here who will be particularly happy about this legislation though...

The other reason not to place too much faith into what Cassidey has had to say is that he is a former Hawke staffer IIRC.

Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager

5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

Posted - 14 Mar 2013 :  18:40:42  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So according to Abbott, we're meant to love foreigners coming by plane to take a specific job that could be filled by an Aussie today, but absolutely hate those foreigners coming by boat to, um, eventually get a job in the future?

Hypocritical much?

quote:
In the IT industry, 5800 overseas workers were brought in over the past seven months, while there were 4500 IT graduates in 2011.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/it-pro/government-it/gillard-accused-of-desperate-votemongering-20130314-2g2pa.html#ixzz2NUxW5W7v

Sounds like the employers want to bypass training Australians because it costs them more money, and they'd rather bring in a bunch of foreigners. Of course Abbott loves the foreigners that businesses want. He'll get rid of 3,000 refugees very publicly and let 300,000 foreign workers in the back door!

_Mford

Edited by - 27GV on 14 Mar 2013 18:50:37
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 14 Mar 2013 :  18:52:37  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

He'll get rid of 3,000 refugees very publicly and let 300,000 foreign workers in the back door!

It's all about proper process....not to mention they are coming through the front door

It's the asylum seekers who are trying to go through the back door...

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 14 Mar 2013 :  18:53:03  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have a question, why has the government taken more money from single mums than from the miners tax ?

i thought the ALP was for blue collar workers ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 14 Mar 2013 :  18:55:48  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I have a question, why has the government taken more money from single mums than from the miners tax ?

Because they botched the design of the tax like they botched so many other Government programs

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 14 Mar 2013 :  18:58:21  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Because they botched the design of the tax like they botched so many other Government programs

yeah i get that...but...I have a friend who is a single mum and works 3 days a week,,,she has lost $170 a fortnight...

thats a disgrace

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 14 Mar 2013 :  19:11:58  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

yeah i get that...but...I have a friend who is a single mum and works 3 days a week,,,she has lost $170 a fortnight...

thats a disgrace

There is no answer to it - labor are destroying their heartland.

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 14 Mar 2013 :  21:23:21  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You libs wanted the government to stop spending and pay back the debt. Carefull what you wish for.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.91 seconds.