V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

27GV
Team Manager



5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

 offline

Posted - 15 Mar 2013 :  22:26:20  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

See that's where your argument comes unstuck bundy. It not about the promises, the talk, it's the actions and results. With Gillard, Australias economy is up.

With Newman QLD is going backwards.



Economy is up compared to what? The rest of the world? Not hard there

Qld's economy is going through a stage of transition; to manage the exceptional level of debt we have atm. So hard decisions have to be made - raising taxes, cutting jobs etc :)





So when the Libs muck up the economy it is in a 'stage of transition' but when Labor oversees 70,000 new jobs that's economic mismanagement?

What did you consider the great depression? The golden days?

http://www.smh.com.au/it-pro/government-it/employers-want-a-cheapie-just-arrived-off-the-boat-aussie-it-workers-told-20130315-2g515.html

More people disagreeing with Abbott's love for 457s. Flip flop Abbott, hates boats but loves giving away jobs to foreigners.


_Mford

Edited by - 27GV on 15 Mar 2013 22:28:47
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear



Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

 offline

Posted - 15 Mar 2013 :  23:08:41  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I love Tony's stand on the tax-free threshold too, it used to be about $6300, then Labor pushed it up to approx $18000, now Tony wants it back at $6300?

Master/Slave all over again!!

Labor has its faults, but at least they aint gonna make their rich mates richer and the young and poor, poorer!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager



5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

 offline

Posted - 16 Mar 2013 :  04:12:13  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Don't worry, Abbott will cut our way to prosperity. What? We're already in prosperity? Well I guess it's the recession Abbott decided we have to have.


_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED



2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

 offline

Posted - 16 Mar 2013 :  08:53:43  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 27GV

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

See that's where your argument comes unstuck bundy. It not about the promises, the talk, it's the actions and results. With Gillard, Australias economy is up.

With Newman QLD is going backwards.



Economy is up compared to what? The rest of the world? Not hard there

Qld's economy is going through a stage of transition; to manage the exceptional level of debt we have atm. So hard decisions have to be made - raising taxes, cutting jobs etc :)





So when the Libs muck up the economy it is in a 'stage of transition' but when Labor oversees 70,000 new jobs that's economic mismanagement?

What did you consider the great depression? The golden days?

http://www.smh.com.au/it-pro/government-it/employers-want-a-cheapie-just-arrived-off-the-boat-aussie-it-workers-told-20130315-2g515.html

More people disagreeing with Abbott's love for 457s. Flip flop Abbott, hates boats but loves giving away jobs to foreigners.



How did the libs mess up the Qld economy? 14 years of labor did that

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack



Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 16 Mar 2013 :  09:15:15  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The half-hearted 457 Visa debate was only an attempt to steer talk away from boat people/refugees. Neither side really care too much about it, which is probably why Gillard couldn't get Abbott to bite. I'd rather a 458 Ferrari myself.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 16 Mar 2013 :  09:25:34  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

The half-hearted 457 Visa debate was only an attempt to steer talk away from boat people/refugees. Neither side really care too much about it, which is probably why Gillard couldn't get Abbott to bite. I'd rather a 458 Ferrari myself.



my wife had a mazda 323

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry
Moderator



Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

 offline

Posted - 16 Mar 2013 :  10:27:33  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Tell me something - when Labor skite about creating 70000 new jobs, do they take into account the number of jobs that have been lost?
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED



2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

 offline

Posted - 16 Mar 2013 :  11:01:58  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Tell me something - when Labor skite about creating 70000 new jobs, do they take into account the number of jobs that have been lost?



No they don't.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot



12526 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

 offline

Posted - 16 Mar 2013 :  13:20:20  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5


Economy is up compared to what? The rest of the world? Not hard there
Didn't know our GDP involved other countries.

quote:
Qld's economy is going through a stage of transition; to manage the exceptional level of debt we have atm. So hard decisions have to be made - raising taxes, cutting jobs etc :)

That's like starving yourself to death just to pay off the mortgage a little earlier.

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

yep didnt think any ALP followers could tell me why they are stitching up single mums...easy targets...gutless

Don't they just blow it on big screen TVs and booze anyway?

You have been at the government on how they over spend on welfare and now you complain for winding it back.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 16 Mar 2013 13:25:03
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED



2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

 offline

Posted - 16 Mar 2013 :  13:24:02  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5


[quote]Qld's economy is going through a stage of transition; to manage the exceptional level of debt we have atm. So hard decisions have to be made - raising taxes, cutting jobs etc :)

That's like starving yourself to death just to pay off the mortgage a little earlier.



Meanwhile we lose billions of dollars a year in interest payments when we could be using that money to support jobs...

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear



Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

 offline

Posted - 17 Mar 2013 :  00:07:34  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5


[quote]Qld's economy is going through a stage of transition; to manage the exceptional level of debt we have atm. So hard decisions have to be made - raising taxes, cutting jobs etc :)

That's like starving yourself to death just to pay off the mortgage a little earlier.



Meanwhile we lose billions of dollars a year in interest payments when we could be using that money to support jobs...



So is it better to have billions in the bank and still keep cutting jobs and services like the Libs where doing last time?

I don't get how anybody can argue for either side, they both disgust me!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED



2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

 offline

Posted - 17 Mar 2013 :  00:17:04  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5


[quote]Qld's economy is going through a stage of transition; to manage the exceptional level of debt we have atm. So hard decisions have to be made - raising taxes, cutting jobs etc :)

That's like starving yourself to death just to pay off the mortgage a little earlier.



Meanwhile we lose billions of dollars a year in interest payments when we could be using that money to support jobs...



So is it better to have billions in the bank and still keep cutting jobs and services like the Libs where doing last time?




I think you may be getting a bit confused between Federal and Qld politics there Em - if you can remember back to the last time the libs were in power in Qld being the Borbidge government epitomising cutting jobs and services well you have a better memory than me

But remember it's always better to expend billions of dollars that we do have rather than what we don't have...

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot



12526 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

 offline

Posted - 17 Mar 2013 :  00:18:32  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5


Meanwhile we lose billions of dollars a year in interest payments when we could be using that money to support jobs...



That's the dag chasing its tail. You slash jobs, crash the economy just to pay back a debt earlier. Only you then have to spend/borrow even more money and pay more interest in restarting the economy to recreate jobs you already had in the first place.

Hereís a simple example (donít take it literally). You borrow money to buy a house. You have 30 years to pay it back. But you say, if I skip doing maintenance and improvements, cut back on the grocery bill, wear the same clothes for years. I can have it paid back in 20 years and save some interest. So in 20 years you are debt free but the house has been eaten by termites all the lights are blown, carpet worn out, clothes are worn and torn and youíre in hospital on a drip. Not to mention inflation has caught up in the last 20 years and itís even more expensive to rebuild the house and pay the hospital bills.



quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Tell me something - when Labor skite about creating 70000 new jobs, do they take into account the number of jobs that have been lost?



No they don't.



Neither did Howard and neither will Abbott. But that's not the point. It's how many jobs the Government created. Not all job losses are a result of Government. Well...not unless youíre in QLD.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED



2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

 offline

Posted - 17 Mar 2013 :  00:26:33  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5


Meanwhile we lose billions of dollars a year in interest payments when we could be using that money to support jobs...



That's the dag chasing its tail. You slash jobs, crash the economy just to pay back a debt earlier. Only you then have to spend/borrow even more money and pay more interest in restarting the economy to recreate jobs you already had in the first place.

Hereís a simple example (donít take it literally). You borrow money to buy a house. You have 30 years to pay it back. But you say, if I skip doing maintenance and improvements, cut back on the grocery bill, wear the same clothes for years. I can have it paid back in 20 years and save some interest. So in 20 years you are debt free but the house has been eaten by termites all the lights are blown, carpet worn out, clothes are worn and torn and youíre in hospital on a drip. Not to mention inflation has caught up in the last 20 years and itís even more expensive to rebuild the house and pay the hospital bills.


But the question is whether a government debt of $70 billion for one state to hold is sustainable? Clearly not. Equally, a government debt for the Federal government of $200 billion is not sustainable. The labor party ruined our credit rating up here of AAA (which I may add is very hard to do for a government in this country), it is time to make the right moves to restore our economy's standing; to encourage foreign investment.

quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Tell me something - when Labor skite about creating 70000 new jobs, do they take into account the number of jobs that have been lost?



No they don't.



Neither did Howard and neither will Abbott. But that's not the point. It's how many jobs the Government created. Not all job losses are a result of Government. Well...not unless youíre in QLD.




Unfortunately it is just another example of Labor's spin finding its way into the Government portrayal of the nation's economic performance indicators.

Net employment growth in jobs should be the measurement, not the number of jobs it creates as it only tells one side of the story; I would say that by doing so they are misleading the country.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

27GV
Team Manager



5249 Posts
joined 20 Jul 08

 offline

Posted - 17 Mar 2013 :  00:58:19  Show Profile Send 27GV a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5


Meanwhile we lose billions of dollars a year in interest payments when we could be using that money to support jobs...



That's the dag chasing its tail. You slash jobs, crash the economy just to pay back a debt earlier. Only you then have to spend/borrow even more money and pay more interest in restarting the economy to recreate jobs you already had in the first place.

Hereís a simple example (donít take it literally). You borrow money to buy a house. You have 30 years to pay it back. But you say, if I skip doing maintenance and improvements, cut back on the grocery bill, wear the same clothes for years. I can have it paid back in 20 years and save some interest. So in 20 years you are debt free but the house has been eaten by termites all the lights are blown, carpet worn out, clothes are worn and torn and youíre in hospital on a drip. Not to mention inflation has caught up in the last 20 years and itís even more expensive to rebuild the house and pay the hospital bills.


But the question is whether a government debt of $70 billion for one state to hold is sustainable? Clearly not. Equally, a government debt for the Federal government of $200 billion is not sustainable. The labor party ruined our credit rating up here of AAA (which I may add is very hard to do for a government in this country), it is time to make the right moves to restore our economy's standing; to encourage foreign investment.




They will be very encouraged to invest in a country that tanked its economy and cut government spending to repay a debt of only 27% of GDP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_public_debt#cite_note-3

Japan - 236%
Greece - 170%
USA - 107%
UK - 88%
Germany - 83%
Thailand - 44%
Philippines - 41%
Taiwan - 41%
Turkey - 37%
S. Korea - 33%
** Australia - 27% **
Indonesia - 24%
China - 22%

Go on and make up some bull**** about how terrible it is we borrow less than most of the fastest growing economies on Earth.

Or we can join the ranks of Haiti and only borrow 16%


_Mford

Edited by - 27GV on 17 Mar 2013 00:58:46
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  











Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 4.3 seconds.