V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 21 Mar 2013 :  18:16:48  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Maybe others in the Labor party have the agenda Albert? The media is fueled by people for their reports, not manufactured falsely by themselves.

Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17198 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 21 Mar 2013 :  18:17:30  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

media trap? dude... it is her own party making that call, not us...

she will deserve what she gets... she was never elected by the people and the sooner she goes the better.

Sonic, she is an democratically elected member of parliament, it's just been confirmed that she remains Labor leader. Julia Gillard is the elected Prime Minister of Australia. Now you want to lecture me that this hasn't been a media stich up? All the people that have leaked the leadership BS are all now going back under their respective rocks. The media are now stuffed they can't run with the story anymore and look like chicken little's predicting Gillard was even close to losing her job. They are running with what little negativity they have to keep the story alive.

oh i can agree with you that she was elected... to HER seat, she was never elected to the Prime Ministership by the people... don't think there are too many who say she got the position with clean hands and she kept the job but she was elected by a few independants, not the people of Australia... but we have been down this road many times...

and the Crean incident today had nothing to do with any media beat up... that was the Labor party self mutilating as it has done continuously of late...

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 21 Mar 2013 :  18:21:10  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

If you truly believe that then you would have to agree that this is the most pissweak government in the history of Australia!

It is the Government we voted for - sorry

Abbott had his chance to win the Independents and ONE Green over and he couldn't do it. If he had then things wouldn't be much different, a minority Government having their strings pulled by the independents.

Am I starting to sound like a broken record?

Actually Trev, we didn't vote for it.

It is the government formed by a "liaison" between one party and some independents.
I'm sure you didn't vote for that when you numbered your ballot paper.
I know I didn't.

...if the record is broken why don't you throw it away - it's useless now
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 21 Mar 2013 :  18:37:12  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by willsy

Maybe others in the Labor party have the agenda Albert? The media is fueled by people for their reports, not manufactured falsely by themselves.
Bwahaha, Nah Slipper really does have a whiskers and a tail of a rat and Conroy really is Stalin. Right now they are still persisting in saying that Gillard won a vote of no confidence despite no such vote took place. They still persist in pushing that Rudd had the numbers to take leadership despite it's impossible to know as there was no vote.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

the undertaker
Team Manager

New Zealand
2966 Posts
joined 08 Nov 09

Posted - 21 Mar 2013 :  18:41:31  Show Profile Send the undertaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not what the news over here is saying, that rudderless didn't have the numbers and couldn't bring himself to stand when the time called for him to show some spine.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17198 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 21 Mar 2013 :  18:45:31  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by willsy

Bwahaha, Nah Slipper really does have a whiskers and a tail of a rat and Conroy really is Stalin. Right now they are still persisting in saying that Gillard won a vote of no confidence despite no such vote took place. They still persist in pushing that Rudd had the numbers to take leadership despite it's impossible to know as there was no vote.

sorry, i must have missed where the media called the spill?

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 21 Mar 2013 :  18:51:07  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The labor party stooges will, if Labor somehow happen to win back Government, will thank Crean for taking one for the team in his attempts to bring stability to the government by trying to flush out Rudd in his leadership tilt.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 21 Mar 2013 :  18:59:34  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

oh i can agree with you that she was elected... to HER seat, she was never elected to the Prime Ministership by the people... don't think there are too many who say she got the position with clean hands and she kept the job but she was elected by a few independants, not the people of Australia... but we have been down this road many times...

and the Crean incident today had nothing to do with any media beat up... that was the Labor party self mutilating as it has done continuously of late...

Well then that just show you have no concept of how the Australian Government works. By your theory no PM has ever been elected by the people.

quote:

sorry, i must have missed where the media called the spill?

Forgotten Tricky's thread already?

http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38116

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

The labor party stooges will, if Labor somehow happen to win back Government, will thank Crean for taking one for the team in his attempts to bring stability to the government by trying to flush out Rudd in his leadership tilt.

I actually agree with this.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 21 Mar 2013 19:02:55
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17198 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 21 Mar 2013 :  19:48:30  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
not so Albert... point i was making was that Rudd got elected, not Gillard.... and come the election she didn't have the most votes again (but made it happen with the minority as we know)... so how does that make her elected at any point?

think that is one part of US politics that I do go with... whoever is elected is there for the term...

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 21 Mar 2013 :  20:22:57  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
ok...can a labor fan answer me these questions

1. why is labor taking more money from single mums than big miners ?

2. why is labor picking a fight against the media on election year ??...surley thats political suicide ?????

3. why did crean do it ???...

4. why didnt ANYBODY stand when all media reports are saying if julia stays in, they will be anialated

please dont answer the question with spin against liberal or abbott...I just want to know the thought process

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 21 Mar 2013 :  20:23:07  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

not so Albert... point i was making was that Rudd got elected, not Gillard.... and come the election she didn't have the most votes again (but made it happen with the minority as we know)... so how does that make her elected at any point?

think that is one part of US politics that I do go with... whoever is elected is there for the term...

Yes so, Sonic. Who governs is not counted votes, but seats in the lower house.

Labor did win the two party preferred vote in 2010. Abbott still would have needed the independents to govern, either way it was going to be a minority government.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17198 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 21 Mar 2013 :  20:31:05  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
i agree with that Albert... both parties were on the nose to some extent obviously with neither party grabbing our imagination..

having said that votes counted had Libs in front so even though still minority by the way they do the seats they still had more votes...

weird... i have never really had all that much interest in politics but the current crop of feds and state pollies especially are all on the nose with so many folk....

maybe we could setup a V8C party... we don't always get along or see eye to eye but at least we say what we are thinking and don't hide behind spin/lies.

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 21 Mar 2013 :  20:36:16  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
1. why is labor taking more money from single mums than big miners ?
Labor tried to tax the miners so the single mum could have their cake and eat it too but were blocked from doing so.

2. why is labor picking a fight against the media on election year ??...surely that's political suicide ?????
The media should be held accountable for what they print.

3. why did crean do it ???...
To end all the hub-bub once and for all.

4. why didn't ANYBODY stand when all media reports are saying if Julia stays in, they will be annihilated
The majority of caucus feels Gillard is the best person for the job.

quote:

i agree with that Albert... both parties were on the nose to some extent obviously with neither party grabbing our imagination..

having said that votes counted had Libs in front so even though still minority by the way they do the seats they still had more votes...

weird... i have never really had all that much interest in politics but the current crop of feds and state pollies especially are all on the nose with so many folk....

maybe we could setup a V8C party... we don't always get along or see eye to eye but at least we say what we are thinking and don't hide behind spin/lies.

It's not all about votes but seats held. Even if the liberals won 100% of the vote in all the seats they already held, it still wouldn't have given them power.

Gillard was also the preferred PM back in 2010 as well.

_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 21 Mar 2013 20:45:23
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 21 Mar 2013 :  20:46:01  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
1. lmao...MINING TAX
2. still suicide
3. but it didnt...all thats happen is crean is sacked and rudd looks weak
4. majority of aussie says the ALP is screwed

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17198 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 21 Mar 2013 :  21:19:20  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Gillard was also the preferred PM back in 2010 as well.

preferred? by who?

and i add again that she never had the preference of the voters, just of the independants who voted her into power.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.81 seconds.