V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 589

Sonic

Australia
17195 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 22 Mar 2013 :  08:22:03  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

Also, on the radio this morning I hear that they are calling Rudd 'Chicken Ki-ev" - LOL

LOL! Wonder if the same folk that write for the gov'ts write for the papers? Clever stuff.

Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 22 Mar 2013 :  09:48:30  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Oh-hoh.....look whose making sense again!

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/political-news/hes-always-inflating-his-numbers-latham-unleashes-extraordinary-diatribe-on-rudd-fitzgibbon-and-richardson-20130321-2gik7.html

Crazy times......

Greens looking good, huh

All 3 parties look much the same......Abbott led Libs still the scariest though......Turnbull led Libs would be a credible option though...

Sorry to lose you too Rem. Faith in our political parties seems to be on the slide around here

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

TristanN47
V8 Champion

Australia
937 Posts
joined 08 Oct 11

Posted - 22 Mar 2013 :  16:24:47  Show Profile Send TristanN47 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
More ministers resigning, this whole thing is crazy.
Do Labor really think they are going to win the election with Gillard and Swan?

We're heading for a Queensland style annihilation of Labor at the federal level.

Gillard needs to lose the election to give labor a fresh start, but an Abbott Liberal government is not a nice thought....

#5 Winterbottom #6 Mostert

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 22 Mar 2013 :  16:32:08  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
8 Ministers resigned now... woah what a shambles.

Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17195 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 22 Mar 2013 :  16:49:09  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
don't worry Simon... it's all the media's fault.

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12526 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 22 Mar 2013 :  17:05:29  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.independentaustralia.net/2013/life/satire/interview-with-mr-press-pack-canberra

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 22 Mar 2013 :  17:29:28  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

don't worry Simon... it's all the media's fault.

Tony Burke disagrees with you Sonic!
Go to Top of Page

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic

Sweden
8813 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

Posted - 22 Mar 2013 :  19:10:54  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
how long til the election?

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 22 Mar 2013 :  19:30:01  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by TristanN47

More ministers resigning, this whole thing is crazy.
Do Labor really think they are going to win the election with Gillard and Swan?

We're heading for a Queensland style annihilation of Labor at the federal level.

Gillard needs to lose the election to give labor a fresh start, but an Abbott Liberal government is not a nice thought....

Agreed....but maybe a wrought is what's required....new blood and new ideas....

It was only a few years ago that the most senior Liberal in the country was the Mayor of Brisbane....things change and quick!

I very much doubt an Abbott led Liberal Govt will have the longevity of the JWH Liberal Govt.

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 22 Mar 2013 19:31:26
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 22 Mar 2013 :  20:16:30  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

Agreed....but maybe a wrought is what's required....
Like wrought iron? Maybe you mean a rort - or maybe a rout. There's been enough Labor rorts lately, so I'm going with rout.
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 22 Mar 2013 :  20:23:07  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If it is a rout, which is quite probable, it would be then pretty hard to get back in at the following election would it not?

Then again, if the country went through the same dramas as now with the Coalition in, then anythings possible.

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 22 Mar 2013 :  20:30:13  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Probably rout. I think it's been a self-inflicted Labor rout. All these Ministers resigning, doing what they believe is the right thing. Maybe the government will unearth some new talent in all this. It can't be all bad.
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 22 Mar 2013 :  20:38:58  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It is an interesting position that the Rudd supporters have put themselves into, especially the resigning ministers, in that, should Labor fail, where there is every indication that they will, all the blame will fall on Gillard and the remaining Ministers and Rudd and other aspiring MPs like Bowen who have an eye on the leadership will come out of the loss with a cleaner image to be able to hopefully recover Labor's image.

The other factor to be considered with these resignations is that it will present Labor to the public as being more unified; that all the 'bad eggs' are gone and Rudd has given an undertaking (another one) that he will not challenge for the leadership which may score them a few more votes come September, although not enough to change the ultimate result IMO.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 22 Mar 2013 :  20:51:03  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Agreed....but maybe a wrought is what's required....
Like wrought iron? Maybe you mean a rort - or maybe a rout. There's been enough Labor rorts lately, so I'm going with rout.

They've had a few routs too!
Go to Top of Page

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic

Sweden
8813 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

Posted - 22 Mar 2013 :  21:00:58  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
and a few roots ie ****ups

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 589 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 17.73 seconds.