V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 Speedway
 General Speedway Chat! (Edited)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 30 Jan 2015 :  08:39:17  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Tony Stewart has bought the UNOH All Star Circuit of Champions in the US.

NASCAR star Tony Stewart has added to his range of motorsport involvements by purchasing The All Star Circuit of Champions Sprint Car Series, one of the nation's longest-running sprint car organizations, which operates a grass-roots winged sprints tour.
"My passion for sprint car racing is well known, and the All Star Circuit of Champions Sprint Car Series has been a pillar of the sport for a long time," said Stewart in announcing his purchase from previous owner Guy Webb. "Racing is my business, and I look forward to building on the All Star Series' already impressive legacy by taking it to a new level of success and sustainability."
Augmenting the purchase of the All Star Circuit of Champions Sprint Car Series are the terms Stewart reached separately with Rob Hunter and Shane Helms, principals of the Renegade Sprint Series. The agreement will bring drivers from both series' together under the All Star Circuit of Champions banner in 2015.
The 2015 UNOH All Star Circuit of Champions schedule boasts 50 race dates and has been assembled through a collaborative effort between sanctioning bodies, existing speedways and promoters new to the series. It will boast a national point fund worth more than $100,000.
In addition to the NASCAR team he co-owns with Gene Haas, three-time Sprint Cup champion Stewart operates Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio, and Tony Stewart Racing, which fields entries for six-time and reigning World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series champion Donny Schatz and 20-time World of Outlaws champion Steve Kinser.

http://www.racer.com/north-american-racing/item/112949-tony-stewart-purchases-sprint-car-organization
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 15 Feb 2015 :  08:21:33  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
murcott goes back to back aussie titles !!! well done young man :)

linesy ohhhhh so close again

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 15 Feb 2015 08:22:05
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 15 Feb 2015 :  08:28:40  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Aaron Barnes from Newcastle won last nights Street Stock title at Gunnedah.
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10342 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 16 Feb 2015 :  16:15:55  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A question of curiosity here. Rod Bowen is the father of Roddy Bellbowen and Toby Bellbowen, why the (slightly) different surname for the kids?
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 16 Feb 2015 :  16:47:09  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
IIRC, Rod's wife Carol was Carol Bell before she married Rod. Like a lot of people these days, they hyphenated both names for their kids. Therefore Bell-Bowen. I don't get it myself.

Back on Dave Murcott: Congratulations on two successive National Titles. I've probably seen him race around 30 times in recent years at various tracks, and never thought of him as an #A1, but you can't argue with two titles. He must be able to really turn it up when it counts.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 16 Feb 2015 :  19:06:20  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

IIRC, Rod's wife Carol was Carol Bell before she married Rod. Like a lot of people these days, they hyphenated both names for their kids. Therefore Bell-Bowen. I don't get it myself.

Back on Dave Murcott: Congratulations on two successive National Titles. I've probably seen him race around 30 times in recent years at various tracks, and never thought of him as an #A1, but you can't argue with two titles. He must be able to really turn it up when it counts.

yeah I agree about murchy...I always thought he was maybe top 5, but since bagging the #1 last year he has grown in confidence

wooooooohooooooooooo beary wins 2015 street stock title

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 02 Mar 2015 19:00:57
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 03 Mar 2015 :  12:11:18  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There's a new speedway show on 7mate at 12pm Saturdays called Night Thunder, which covers various speedway events from Kwinana Motorplex.

Night One of the Scott Darley Challenge will air on One at 1pm on Saturday.

Night Two of the Sprintcar Championship will be on Speedweek on Sunday.

Plenty of dirt track action on TV to keep you occupied over the weekend.

Edited by - CP on 06 Mar 2015 08:03:53
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 08 Mar 2015 :  08:16:25  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
we had late models run last night with Cam waters race for an Adelaide outfit

great racing and some coulourful personalities

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 08 Mar 2015 :  10:07:30  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Scotty Darley episode yesterday was pretty good.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 21 Mar 2015 :  22:27:04  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
ASH 03 needs a new username and new number.

He now shall be known as ASH QLD #2
Go to Top of Page

ASH_03
Team Manager

Australia
1973 Posts
joined 26 Oct 08

Posted - 20 Jun 2015 :  00:32:05  Show Profile  Click to see ASH_03's MSN Messenger address Send ASH_03 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

ASH 03 needs a new username and new number.

He now shall be known as ASH QLD #2

Didn't even notice this mate, cheers! Back 2 Back State Title podiums is cool, but still missed out on the illusive #1

I just came here to share a few fiction graphics I'd been mucking around with between stickering real cars and editing video! Cheers fella's

Penske | Prodrive

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 20 Jun 2015 :  09:07:14  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.sprintcarworld.com.au/release.asp?NewsId=52056#.VYSf5WeJiUk

no WSS for speedway city !!! that's huge because that's where WSS first started and always attracts massive crowds

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

ASH_03
Team Manager

Australia
1973 Posts
joined 26 Oct 08

Posted - 22 Jun 2015 :  16:40:46  Show Profile  Click to see ASH_03's MSN Messenger address Send ASH_03 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

http://www.sprintcarworld.com.au/release.asp?NewsId=52056#.VYSf5WeJiUk

no WSS for speedway city !!! that's huge because that's where WSS first started and always attracts massive crowds

Apparent fallout between Kelly's and and Speedway City Management... And we know who is the president of the SCCA

Penske | Prodrive

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 22 Jun 2015 :  18:57:07  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Weren't there some issues about the World Series drivers entering the George Tatnell Cup too?
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 22 Jun 2015 :  19:30:44  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

Weren't there some issues about the World Series drivers entering the George Tatnell Cup too?

oh didnt hear about that !!...why would that be an issue ?

typical speedway tho...internal bickering and massive ego's, and the biggest looser is joe punter who pays his cash and sits on the hill

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31  Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.84 seconds.