V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 Speedway
 General Speedway Chat! (Edited)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 22 Jan 2016 :  05:46:53  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Kerry won the kings last night...now its classic time woohooo !!!

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10342 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 25 Jan 2016 :  20:00:36  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Quick question after watching Rd3 on TV last weekend, Can a non-contracted driver win the WSS title?

On another note "The Real Deal" Veal added the Classic to his Darley win the week before... can anyone stop him at the Australian title this weekend coming?
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 25 Jan 2016 :  20:06:01  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
yes they can win the title, but not the cash

was a great weekend in warrny...surley veal is red hot favourite, but dont discount Jmac

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

PVDA
Team Manager

2555 Posts
joined 02 Nov 02

Posted - 25 Jan 2016 :  21:10:38  Show Profile Send PVDA a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

Quick question after watching Rd3 on TV last weekend,

Johnnie Gibson was talking up the in car telecast footage of Round 4 which is due next weekend while visiting the commentary box at the Presidents Cup at Avalon.

Having seen the tail end of the Mt G round I can see why inside passing became an issue.

Having now seen the partially filled (with dirt) water barriers at Avalon vs the tractor tyres at Warrnambool I favour the barriers as they seem to do less car damage at this stage after a few hits to both types.

Congrats to The Real Deal on what is the first ever Warrnambool local to win the Classic.

quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

saw the video of the crash :( not pretty at all

You mean this.
https://youtu.be/1btlmGJNu9M

The in car from Willmington is wild, watch for the errant wheel that caused it and the GoPro falling off.
https://youtu.be/g4PiG7gOIzE

Edited by - PVDA on 25 Jan 2016 21:25:43
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 25 Jan 2016 :  21:27:36  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
the infield passing issue at borderline has been fixed with some big tractor tyres

well done kerry the new aussie #1

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 31 Jan 2016 20:06:30
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 27 Mar 2016 :  09:10:40  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I see that young Callum Harper is at the top of the points after the first night of the Aussie title in Rocky.
If he's half as good as his late grandfather he'll be all right!
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 28 Mar 2016 :  10:20:59  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The young fella continued his good form last night and is now the Aussie Champion!

Neville will be smiling down on him.

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 28 Mar 2016 10:22:16
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 14 Apr 2016 :  11:27:07  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
USC will be coming to South Oz.

http://www.totallyspeedway.com.au/tracks/1902-exciting-new-era-for-murray-bridge-speedway
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 14 Apr 2016 :  17:11:59  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

USC will be coming to South Oz.

http://www.totallyspeedway.com.au/tracks/1902-exciting-new-era-for-murray-bridge-speedway

not sure if this is a good thing or not

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 14 Apr 2016 :  18:03:41  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
IMHO it will be a good thing - if the experience at Parramatta is any indication. Barry Waldron is the MD of Made Too Go, and while I don't know him much more than to say G'day to, he's an excellent promoter. He isn't investing in Speedway to make money ,because he makes his money from East Coast Pipelines. He's investing in these tracks because he loves Speedway (and possibly to offset profits from ECP for all I know), and I don't know anyone who has any real criticism of what he's done at Parramatta. I've spoken to many people whose opinions I respect, and they're all of the same view. I was chatting to Sid Hopping, the builder and original promoter of Parramatta, and he loves the bloke. I've been involved at Parramatta since the 80s, and I've dealt with various promoters, including Garry Rush, Dave Lander, Bob Ruttley, Brian Healey, and then the consortium of Rush, Rod Bowen, Brett Morris etc. Dave Lander was the best of them in my opinion, and although I no longer have to deal with promoters, everyone I talk to tells me that Barry Waldron is in another league. Good bloke, very fair, investing more money than anyone else ever did - and is doing this because he loves the sport. Steve Green is a good manager, although he can get a bit testy at times - but he does have to put up with some pretty excitable people.

Unless Waldron has a personality change and a complete change of heart, Murray Bridge can look to some good times ahead - and some long overdue improvements at the venue.
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10342 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 14 Apr 2016 :  18:40:26  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't think anyone can argue with the impact the new ownership of Parramatta has had on the place. Clay-Per-View especially has been fantastic, and general vibe of the place there hasn't been this good since perhaps the early-mid 90s

While i think the whole "USC" promotion has worked from a marketing perspective of tying the races at the different tracks together, i don't think the "USC Chase" as a championship has really worked out any better than what we had.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 17 Apr 2016 :  11:19:50  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Parramatta last night: Jamie Veal drove from 10th to 1st to win the Grand Final race, and Max drove from 19th to 6th to win the Series.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 17 Apr 2016 :  12:27:39  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The current TV deal with 7mate helps the cause too. Weekly sprintcar action on TV is awesome.
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10342 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 21 Apr 2016 :  18:45:00  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

The current TV deal with 7mate helps the cause too. Weekly sprintcar action on TV is awesome.

Most definitely, with "Night Thunder" from WA usually on just before it most weeks.

I've noticed of late "Ultimate Sprintcar" has generally only been showing Valvoline Raceway events, for example they bypassed showing the second round of the Chase
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 21 Apr 2016 :  19:17:58  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

quote:
Originally posted by CP

Most definitely, with "Night Thunder" from WA usually on just before it most weeks.

I've noticed of late "Ultimate Sprintcar" has generally only been showing Valvoline Raceway events, for example they bypassed showing the second round of the Chase

the WA show is great..the USC seem's mediocre at best IMO

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31  Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 8.61 seconds.