V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 Speedway
 General Speedway Chat! (Edited)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 18 Aug 2016 :  19:53:39  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The US arm of Keneric Racing is no more, which leaves the Mad Man without a drive.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/08/18/kerry-madsens-us-sprintcar-team-closes/
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 18 Aug 2016 :  21:30:23  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

The US arm of Keneric Racing is no more, which leaves the Mad Man without a drive.

I was a little suprised when i heard this...but Im sure kerry will get a decent gig

BTW JJ wins knoxville nats !!!!

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 19 Aug 2016 :  07:34:29  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

Got what he deserves!
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 19 Aug 2016 :  07:41:04  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:
Originally posted by CP

Got what he deserves!

huh ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8 Champion

USA
1119 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 19 Aug 2016 :  11:04:58  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
From what I read over here, Kerry will be driving for them in Oz. I do not know if that was full time, part time.....?

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/08/keneric_racing_closes_up_shop.html

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10342 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 19 Aug 2016 :  15:52:17  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mikeamerica84

From what I read over here, Kerry will be driving for them in Oz. I do not know if that was full time, part time.....?

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/08/keneric_racing_closes_up_shop.html

The last few years he's usually done a part-time program in Australia, taking in the major International events at Valvoline Raceway over the Christmas/New Year period, as well as the likes of the Classic at Warnambool, Australian Title and the odd World Series round too.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 20 Aug 2016 :  10:35:45  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There will be a new sedan class run by the RSA in NSW and they will be called V8 Racing Sedans.

What you do is buy a Super Sedan, rip out the engine and suspension, and replace those with a restricted engine, and a leaf pack, control shock package and control right rear tyre.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 20 Aug 2016 :  11:02:45  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

There will be a new sedan class run by the RSA in NSW and they will be called V8 Racing Sedans.

What you do is buy a Super Sedan, rip out the engine and suspension, and replace those with a restricted engine, and a leaf pack, control shock package and control right rear tyre.

So effectively B grade supers or SS racing on a budget.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 20 Aug 2016 :  13:54:24  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
stupid idea....how many sedan classes do we need ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8 Champion

USA
1119 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 20 Aug 2016 :  23:16:55  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

quote:

The last few years he's usually done a part-time program in Australia, taking in the major International events at Valvoline Raceway over the Christmas/New Year period, as well as the likes of the Classic at Warnambool, Australian Title and the odd World Series round too.

Right-o. I am wondering what he would do if he got a ride over here to run, not necessarily WoO, but let's say..... Knoxville Raceway weekly, or something. Would he take it and stay or just say the hell with being over here and head back home and race.

I wish him the best either way. I had the pleasure of speaking with him on occasion and he was a real nice guy and very personable. A fan favorite over here with a lot of fans, too.

Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10342 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 21 Aug 2016 :  01:05:50  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Right-o. I am wondering what he would do if he got a ride over here to run, not necessarily WoO, but let's say..... Knoxville Raceway weekly, or something. Would he take it and stay or just say the hell with being over here and head back home and race.

I wish him the best either way. I had the pleasure of speaking with him on occasion and he was a real nice guy and very personable. A fan favorite over here with a lot of fans, too.

I would say his best option would be to take an American ride and try and fit in some Aussie races in our summer time around it, as he has in the last few years.

It is very difficult to be a professional Sprintcar driver racing in the Australian summer only
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 23 Aug 2016 :  16:35:26  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The King has left his throne. Long Live the King.

http://www.nationalspeedsportnews.com/sprints-midgets/other-sprint-cars/steve-kinser-calls-it-a-career/
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 23 Aug 2016 :  17:26:25  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
one of a kind racer for sure

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 23 Aug 2016 :  23:30:27  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The best Sprintcar racer ever. Probably kept racing a few years too long, but has left behind a set of statistics that will never be bettered.

Meanwhile, Kerry Madsen has picked up a drive in the 17W previously raced by Brian Clauson.

Edited by - Zac on 23 Aug 2016 23:31:09
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8 Champion

USA
1119 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 23 Aug 2016 :  23:49:04  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Meanwhile, Kerry Madsen has picked up a drive in the 17W previously raced by Brian Clauson.

I do not think it is long term, though. I read elsewhere where Matt Wood wants to end his involvement and walk away. I hope it all works out for KM down the stretch, though. Anyways, here is the latest:

http://tjslideways.com/2016/08/22/kerry-madsen-to-pilot-elk-grove-ford-ctca-bryan-clauson-17w-at-knoxville/

Kerry Madsen to Pilot Elk Grove Ford, CTCA, Bryan Clauson #17w at Knoxville
Posted on August 22, 2016

From Bill Wright

Kerry Madsen will be behind the wheel of the Matt Wood Racing, Elk Grove Ford, Cancer Treatment Centers of American, Bryan Clauson #17w this weekend with the National Sprint League at Knoxville Raceway in Iowa. The St. Mary’s, New South Wales, Australia native has a track title to his credit, and has racked up ten wins this season between Australia and the United States. Two of those wins have come in NSL competition.

Kerry is looking forward to the opportunity. “Obviously, I’m excited, but at the same time, the whole situation is a bit overwhelming,” he says. “I’m just looking forward to getting out there and competing. Hopefully, it will be an opportunity for us all to smile at the end of the night.”

His vision is just to do the best job he can for the team. “We want to get the car out front where it belongs again and do a good job for them,” says Kerry. “I’m looking forward to the challenge. Really, all I want to do is do a good job for those guys and represent them well. We want to be able to give them some good feedback and give them some results.”

Kerry will be united with a great team that includes one of his former crew chiefs, Shane Bowers. “Shane is great,” he says. “This is a perfect situation for me in a way. They have a handful of races on the schedule, and that works with where I am right now too.”

Kerry was the 2005 Knoxville Raceway track champion. The 2015-16 Australian Champion was running as high as second in last week’s Knoxville Nationals before a late-race mechanical gremlin arose. He won both the King’s Royal and the Ironman 55 in 2014, and struck for $20,000 in Jackson, Minnesota in last July’s Barb Wieskus Classic.

Matt Wood Racing would like to thank: Elk Grove Ford, Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Jonathan Byrd’s Hospitality and Restaurant Group, America’s Best Value Inn, Quick Lane and Impact Signs, Awnings & Wraps!

Looks like KM has a good gig for the remainder of 2016 here in the States. With luck I'll see him race the 23rd and 24th of this month at Eldora. I'll say "Hi" to him for you blokes and invite him to the site forum.

http://tjslideways.com/2016/09/12/matt-wood-racing-reveals-upcoming-plans/

From Bill Wright

September 12, 2016 – The remaining race plans for the Matt Wood Racing #17w sprint car team have been announced. The rest of the 2016 season will include eleven events. Kerry Madsen, who won the $25,000 Jackson Nationals in Minnesota over Labor Day weekend will pilot the car for the bulk of the races, while Fremont, Califonia’s Shane Golobic will be behind the wheel for the National Sprint League events at St. Francois County Raceway near Farmington, Missouri.

This weekend, Madsen will be behind the wheel for World of Outlaws events at the Clay County Fair Speedway on Friday, and the US36 Raceway near Cameron, Missouri Saturday.

On Friday, September 23, Madsen will be competing with the World of Outlaws portion of the 4-Crown Nationals event at Eldora Speedway near Rossburg, Ohio. The following night, he will also be behind the wheel with the All Star Circuit of Champions at Eldora.

Golobic will be driving at the Queen’s Royale near Farmington on September 30 and October 1 with the NSL.

Kerry will be back behind the wheel for World of Outlaws events at Lakeside Speedway in Kansas City, Kansas, Friday, October 21 and at the Salina (OK) Highbanks Saturday, October 22.

Kerry and the team will finish up their season with the three-night World of Outlaws World Finals at the Dirt Track in Charlotte, North Carolina, Thursday, October 27-29.

Matt Wood Racing would like to thank: Elk Grove Ford, Quick Lane and Impact Signs, Awnings & Wraps!

I went down to Eldora Speedway this past weekend for the Four Crown Nationals. Pre-race on Saturday, I had the pleasure of chatting with KM. He is a big Supercars fan and was looking forward to Bathurst and was more than kind enough to have a pic taken with me in front of the car he is currently driving - the car Bryan Clauson piloted until he passed away.

Great guy, KM. One of my favorites, and I have been a speedway fan for decades.

On a sidebar, Ian Madsen won the All Star Sprints Feature that night.

Edited by - mikeamerica84 on 28 Sep 2016 20:40:38
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31  Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 27.53 seconds.