V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 Speedway
 General Speedway Chat! (Edited)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

V8SuperRiley
Member 00004 of the Church of Ambroseology

Australia
3550 Posts
joined 29 Jan 08

Posted - 29 Sep 2016 :  08:36:38  Show Profile  Visit V8SuperRiley's Homepage  Click to see V8SuperRiley's MSN Messenger address Send V8SuperRiley a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm pretty keen for the local Speedway season to start.
Sprintcars are returning to the local track for the first time in years, so I'm super keen for that.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8 Champion

USA
1121 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 29 Sep 2016 :  20:27:40  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by V8SuperRiley

Sprintcars are returning to the local track for the first time in years, so I'm super keen for that.

Which track is that, V8SR?

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life
Go to Top of Page

V8SuperRiley
Member 00004 of the Church of Ambroseology

Australia
3550 Posts
joined 29 Jan 08

Posted - 05 Oct 2016 :  07:12:20  Show Profile  Visit V8SuperRiley's Homepage  Click to see V8SuperRiley's MSN Messenger address Send V8SuperRiley a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mikeamerica84

quote:
Originally posted by V8SuperRiley

Which track is that, V8SR?

Rockhampton Speedway

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

HoldenV8
Pit Crew

Australia
212 Posts
joined 04 Feb 04

Posted - 05 Oct 2016 :  13:38:11  Show Profile  Click to see HoldenV8's MSN Messenger address  Send HoldenV8 a Yahoo! Message Send HoldenV8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Speaking of speedway.....

Congratulations to Victorian youngster Max Fricke who on 2 October was crowned the 2016 Under-21 World Speedway Champion. Fricke joins Steve Baker (1983), Leigh Adams (1992), Jason Crump (1995) and Darcy Ward (2009 & 2010) as Aussie riders to win the U/21 world crown. Max didn't win a round of the 3 round series, but finished with two 3rd's and one 2nd placing to take the title by 6 points from Poland's Krystian Pieszczek with Britain's Robert Lambert 3rd on 37 points. Lambert defeated Australia's Jack Holder in a run-off for 3rd place after the younger brother of 2012 SGP World Champion Chris Holder also finishing the series with 37 points.

Unfortunately on the same day, SGP series leader Jayson Doyle was outed for the rest of the year (i.e. the Aussie SGP in Melbourne on 22 October) after a serious crash in the penultimate round in Poland. Doyley suffered a punctured left lung and a badly traumatised right lung in the heat-three spill with Great Britain rider Chris Harris in which both riders slid under the air fence (though Harris came out of it without injury). Doyle also dislocated his left shoulder and shattered his right elbow.

Doyle's enforced absence basically hands America's Greg Hancock his 4th World Championship. Hancock, who finished 2nd in Poland, leads the series with 134 points, Doyle scored zero points in Poland and is 2nd with 123 while defending champion Tai Woffinden is 3rd on 115. British born and Aussie (Perth) raised Woffinden can still win the championship but would need to score 20 points with Hancock failing to score for that to happen (Hancock only needs to score 3 points in Melbourne to claim the title regardless what Woffinden does). The 46 year old Hancock has won the only two Aussie SGP's even won - 2002 in Sydney and 2015 in Melbourne where he was undefeated on the night.

"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines" - Enzo Ferrari.

Edited by - HoldenV8 on 08 Oct 2016 13:19:41
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11160 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 15 Oct 2016 :  10:17:02  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
As far as I know, Ultimate Sprintcar will no longer be shown on 7mate this season as it has been moved to an online, on demand platform. The first four episodes are here:

http://livestream.com/accounts/11997877/events/4637850/videos/138766289

I haven't read anything on how WSS will be broadcast this season even though it has been on One the past few years?

EDIT: Speaking of bikes, the Speedway World Grand Prix is at Etihad Stadium this weekend, on the same weekend as MotoGP at Phillip Island, and also the same weekend as the Gold Coast 600.

Edited by - CP on 21 Oct 2016 13:53:37
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10343 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 21 Oct 2016 :  15:24:11  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If the Speedway bikes were held closer to Phillip Island, have them on the same weekend is probably a great idea..... not so much when they are so far apart though
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11160 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 10 Jan 2017 :  14:53:18  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There will a unique format on Thursday night at PCR, with the first ever Origin of Speed.

This Thursday night’s inaugural USC Origin of Speed Team’s Racing Challenge at Sydney’s Valvoline Raceway is ready to rock with the final line-ups for each state, territory and country filled and finalized.

The event is the perfect curtain raiser to this weekend’s prestigious Scott Darley Challenge on Friday and Saturday night.

The finishing touches were laid to the line-ups as late as 8pm last night and each team is now ready to rock.There is only one exception with one final remaining spot to be filled for the Tasmanian line-up.

Ian Madsen’s omission from the NSW line-up is sure to bring immediate feedback and criticism from passionate Sydney fans.

“Not selecting Ian for NSW has been the hardest part of this whole project,” commented Valvoline Raceway’s Wade Aunger.

“There’s no doubt that since December 30 he’s been the best performed Sydneysider during the International Series but the fact is we said we’d announce the team at the conclusion of the December 26 event. At that point we had to make a decision.

“We were torn between selecting Ian who is one of the top-20 drivers in the world or going with the NSW drivers who have raced week in and week out during the USC in NSW, SA, Qld and even Victoria for us. In the end we went with three of the highest scoring NSW drivers outside of Robbie Farr, Kerry Madsen and Sam Walsh and those are Troy Little, Matt Dumesny and James Thompson.

“I’ve spoken to Ian and naturally he’s disappointed. We are too because it was a difficult decision to make. Max Johnston really had his heart set on NSW selection too, we’re fortunate to have so many great NSW options but it hasn’t made the selection process any easier. All of the drivers I mentioned are in excellent form.”

In almost all cases each team is 100% state specific, with only a couple of derivatives from the ‘origin’ due to a slight shortfall in numbers from that team.

“This has been an enormous undertaking filling all the spots, juggling last minute replacements and withdrawals and making the final selections,” said Aunger.

“The last two months working on this would have made a fascinating TV show. There’s been more drama than a whole series of Home and Away but I believe that we have something truly memorable lined up for the first ever running of Origin.”

It should be pointed out that given this is the inaugural running of the event Valvoline Raceway is both thrilled and extremely grateful for the drivers who have entered to represent their state, territory or country (USA).

“We asked everyone we could if they wanted to participate and anyone who declined our offer had a legitimate reason why they couldn’t this year, so we were delighted with those who could commit to it and hugely grateful for their participation” added Aunger.

Only Victoria and Tasmania required input from drivers outside their State.

Tasmania will enlist the services of NZ born and bred (ACT domiciled) Jay Waugh and NSW racer Kyle Caunt, while Victoria has secured the NT racer Jamie O’Neill and Victorian car driving Sydneysider Ian Loudoun.

Mark House informed of organisers of a personal situation that meant he had to withdraw from the event – it’s been a constant shuffling of the cards throughout this process.

One spot still remains on the Tasmanian line-up as we go to print though organisers are confident a solution will be found in the next 24-36hrs.

“Chances are if you don’t see your favourite driver in the team it’s because they weren’t available not because they weren’t invited,” concluded Aunger.

“Our plan for this race is it becomes a very financially rewarding event for the future. This year, many drivers will use it as a hit-out the night before the Scott Darley Challenge and a chance to get more laps in the lead up to the Australian title on January 26-28.”

Western Australia
W12 Daniel Harding
W44 Ben Ellement
W14 Jason Pryde
W99 Jamie Maiolo (Captain)
W77 Brad Maiolo
W97 Mitch Wormall

Queensland
Q36 Mitchell Gee
Q59 Kevin Titman
Q23 Lachlan McHugh
N93 Ben Hilder
Q25 Andrew Scheuerle
Q2 Brent Kratzmann

Victoria
V5 Max Dumesny
V37 Grant Anderson
Q83 David Murcott
V25 Jack Lee
NT24 Jamie O’Neill
V3 Ian Loudoun

Tasmania
T21 Shaun Dobson
T7 Tim Hutchins
N9 Kyle Caunt
T22 Callum Zizek
A99 Jay Waugh
TBA

New South Wales
A1 Kerry Madsen
Q7 Robbie Farr
N57 Matt Dumesny
N20 Troy Little
N92 Sam Walsh
N22 James Thompson

South Australia
S45 Jake Tranter
S20 Glen Sutherland
S3 Steven Lines
S83 Shannon Barry
N50 Ryan Jones
S72 Chad Ely

Northern Territory
NT5 Danny Reidy
A2 Ben Atkinson
W17 James McFadden
NT21 Chase Karpenko
NT18 Jason Gebert
W9 Danny Porter

United States of America
S99 Brad Sweet
U1 Dominic Scelzi
U21 Brian Brown
N10 Harli White
U1 Logan Schuchart
1Z Lucas Wolfe

http://www.totallyspeedway.com.au/sprintcars/3415-origin-of-speed-ready-to-rock
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 10 Jan 2017 :  15:04:46  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
not sure what to think of this deal....no Ian madsen and the SA line up besides Lines is very weak without dillion,keller ect...anyway best of luck to them

I Try and do speedweek but couldn't do it this year, besides mylocal round which was awesome...and Im glad with the terrible weather recently they didn't get a lot of racing in so I saved myself some money and time.

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10343 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 10 Jan 2017 :  15:39:44  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Brad Sweet has been replaced by Kyle Hirst as well due to the Ruhs Bros not having their engine fixed after last weekend yet.

I like the Origin idea and i guess it's always going to be a little 'hit and miss' for the first year, the aim i'm assuming is to turn this into a yearly "test series" type of event that was run so well at Liverpool..... It's also a way to get a third night out of the Darley.

While it's a shame not having Ian Madsen in, i'm assuming they wanted to have as many of the "Parramatta Posse" in the line-up as possible.... The USA line-up is ok but not as strong as they might have put together ten years ago... Hirst will be good and Harli White has been improving all summer and knows the track well now so she might shake it up abit too. It's a shame that Kasey Kahne & Kyle Larson couldn't have stayed a week or two longer

I'll be there and am looking forward to it.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 10 Jan 2017 :  16:07:20  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Interstate teams racing is not a new thing though but I can't recall it ever being on this scale.

In Super Sedans we did a lot of teams stuff with Tassie, NSW and Qld.

We also did it with Mackay, Townsville and Cairns.

They were always great events and great fun to be a part of.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 12 Jan 2017 :  09:01:54  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
have some big race's coming up...chili bowl and the classic :)

who's your tip for the classic and who's your smokey ?

mine's Kerry Madsen and Luke Dillion as my smokey

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11160 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 12 Jan 2017 :  10:20:34  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Favourite: Veal Smokies: Sweet/Marcedo

Chili Bowl has to either be Chris Bell or Rico
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10343 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 13 Jan 2017 :  16:39:00  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I went along to the "Origin of Speed" last night.

Quite a good format, could do with a little tweaking, but great stuff. USA were dominant winners. Was great to see young Harli White get her first 410 win in one of the early races too.

The racing was fabulous, the track had a "90s Parramatta" feel according to the older drivers, and the racing was great, the fans appreciated much less dust as well compared to the usual for PCR these days....
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 19 Jan 2017 :  23:23:39  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
just got in from the washed out kings challenge, and if Robbie farr isn't the dirtiest sprintcar driver I don't know who is....over the years he has taken out some of the best driver's in the world and tonight he took out Kerry madsen and some other's. Atleast borderline has tyres on the infield so he doesn't pass on the infield anymore...although he did try once

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11160 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 19 Jan 2017 :  23:59:51  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I take it that Robbie isn't on your favourites list for The Classic T1?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31  Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 6.69 seconds.