V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 Speedway
 General Speedway Chat! (Edited)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 20 Jan 2017 :  07:36:09  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

I take it that Robbie isn't on your favourites list for The Classic T1?

the guy can drive, just don't know why he likes to feed people his right rear so much

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 20 Jan 2017 :  08:25:52  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEoU1_o-L2M
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10342 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 20 Jan 2017 :  18:37:33  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEoU1_o-L2M

Poor Stu was struggling with the vocal chords at the end there!
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 20 Jan 2017 :  20:03:56  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What Stu lacks in professionalism he makes up with enthusiasm.

That was a good night. I brought along a friend of over 50 years standing for his first visit to the Speedway. He couldn't believe what he saw. He rang me a couple of days later, saying he was still getting clay dust out of nostrils and his hair. He quoted Donald Rumsfeld when I asked him about his impression of Sprintcar racing: "Shock and awe, mate. Shock and awe."

At the end of that video, you'll see Rev Garry Coleman in the burgundy and grey jacket, who sprinted to Mitch's crashed car, and soon after, Grandpa Sid Moore arrives, and wants to grab the microphone. Stu deflects Sid, showing some professionalism to match his enthusiasm. At the time, Stu was working for Max, and living at the Dumesny's place, which would account for some of his enthusiasm.

Anyhow, I posted that link to show Robbie doing what he does. Maybe it was unintentional, but I don't think so. He would have known Mitch was probably right on his tail, and he would have heard him coming. A slight move to the right, and Mitch was launched. Right front rather than right rear, but same result.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 20 Jan 2017 :  23:17:02  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
loved mitchs interview...reminded me of ricky bobby...didn't know what to do with his hands

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8 Champion

USA
1119 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 23 Jan 2017 :  02:47:38  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
WSS: Has there yet been any telecasts, either TV or on line, of the current World Series Sprints season? I usually get my Winter (here) fix off of the net.

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 23 Jan 2017 :  08:10:10  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mikeamerica84

WSS: Has there yet been any telecasts, either TV or on line, of the current World Series Sprints season? I usually get my Winter (here) fix off of the net.

nah mate, havnt seen anything yet...then again a lot of the shows have been washed out

J-Mac classic champion

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 23 Jan 2017 :  13:22:46  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mikeamerica84

The World Series has moved to paid online streaming this year.

Hopefully the Classic and the Australian Title will be produced as highlights and shown on TV like they have been the past few years.
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10342 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 23 Jan 2017 :  19:29:29  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

The World Series has moved to paid online streaming this year.

I wonder if only attracting 6 contracted WSS drivers this year hurt their bank balance enough that they couldn't afford the FTA TV?
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 11 Feb 2017 :  09:10:31  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/02/10/weather-plays-havoc-australian-speedway/

don't think Ive ever heard of a night meeting cancelled due to hot weather before

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 11 Feb 2017 :  10:52:02  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Forecast to be 46 at 3pm, 42 at 7pm, 37 at 8, and dropping to 33 sometime after 9pm. That's after 2 or 3 days and nights of similar temperatures. Apart from the track being absolutely baked dry (and I wouldn't like to be the poor bugger trying to curate the track during the day today), that's pretty hot, without having to get into all your fireproof gear and sit next to a red hot, 410 aluminium engine.

I don't remember any meeting at PCR being cancelled because of the heat before either, but I don't remember so many other events being cancelled on the one day due to the heat either. Horse races, all grade cricket, etc. I do remember plenty of nights in the pits being stinking hot, sweaty and dusty, wondering whether I was there because I liked it that much. I wasn't going to go tonight because of the heat before it got cancelled anyway, so perhaps PCR thought lots of others were thinking the same.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 11 Feb 2017 :  10:52:22  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
They canned the GeeGees at randwick due to the heat too.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 11 Feb 2017 :  11:23:11  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
They would be horse races, wouldn't they?
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 11 Feb 2017 :  11:23:15  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It certainly would be extremely uncomfortable, no, make that dangerous, in all your kit.
As sad as it is to see it cancelled, it certainly is the right decision.
Zac I think it would be hotter in a Super that a Sprintcar...
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 11 Feb 2017 :  12:33:43  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You guys are welcome to that honour - if they were racing tonight.
It's not sad, it's great. I'll spend the evening on a terrace with fans blowing chilled air at us, enjoying a few drinks. Beats being baked in a heatwave getting covered in dust. (I think I'm getting old.)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31  Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 4.64 seconds.