V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 Speedway
 General Speedway Chat! (Edited)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 19 Jan 2018 :  07:39:41  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by PVDA

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

kings tonight...then off to Warrnambool

Could be a long drive with that Bushfire which has cut the Princes Highway just over the border from Borderline.

Should be ok for you if you wander over tomorrow but most of the teams have been based in Warrnambool since they left Avalon last night so could be a long detour to get to bed after racing finishes tonight.

yeah road was blocked so most people took the coast rd....oh BTW

GO LINSEY !!!! KINGS CHALLENGE CHAMP

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 20 Jan 2018 :  07:43:57  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Brooke of old last night.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 20 Jan 2018 :  08:53:52  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Another win for Mount Gambier
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 20 Jan 2018 :  09:38:33  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah nice drive from Brooke....but T Keading was amazing...destroyed his car in his last heat, came out at the back of the C ...progressed through the B was on track in A in the top 8 or so then got a flat tyre....typical classic a lot of crashes but was a good night

Now for night 2 .....go Linsey :)

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11163 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 20 Jan 2018 :  10:35:50  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

quote:

bizarre that every other division of speedway can be won by a non Australian exept sprintcars

Very true, what is the official reason given for not allowing the Sprintcar title to be won by a non-Aussie?

Would it be more an SCCA imposed thing than Speedway Australia?
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 20 Jan 2018 :  13:01:17  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It was always an SCCA rule so we had an 'Australia #1' to race and promote here. If there are other reasons, I haven't heard any official ones. That rule hasn't worked for some time now, because in this century 'Australia #1' has been won by Skip, Brooke and Kerry, who collectively have won 9 titles in 17 years, and gone back to the USA to race full time and only come back here to race for a few weeks each season. Nothing wrong with them doing that, but it shows there's something wrong with the rule - besides, how many Yanks would actually contest the Aussie title these days, and how many would be likely chances to win?

Edited by - Zac on 20 Jan 2018 13:05:16
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11163 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 20 Jan 2018 :  16:28:35  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

It was always an SCCA rule so we had an 'Australia #1' to race and promote here. If there are other reasons, I haven't heard any official ones. That rule hasn't worked for some time now, because in this century 'Australia #1' has been won by Skip, Brooke and Kerry, who collectively have won 9 titles in 17 years, and gone back to the USA to race full time and only come back here to race for a few weeks each season. Nothing wrong with them doing that, but it shows there's something wrong with the rule - besides, how many Yanks would actually contest the Aussie title these days, and how many would be likely chances to win?

I was reading Oval Express yesterday and despite the numerous Americans that have come out to contest the full series over the years, they've only won it twice.

If they relaxed the rule, would someone like Donny really care if he won it as it would just be another trophy in his already vast trophy house?
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 20 Jan 2018 :  16:50:46  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It sounds like you're referring to WSS. A few US drivers have run the series and given it a good shake - like Donny, and also Joey Saldana. I wouldn't know if Donny, or any other driver from the States would "care" about winning the Australian Title (if they could enter), but seeing how hard they race, I think they would (if they could ).
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 21 Jan 2018 :  09:15:37  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Night 2 .....rain delay then a fast track , but had a show as they pushed off for the A so it was all over

Drove home and smacked a roo 10 minutes from home :(

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11163 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 22 Jan 2018 :  11:47:16  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The big names were on the second and third step of the podium, but it's always good for the sport to see a young, unknown name take the win.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/01/22/major-upset-grand-annual-sprintcar-classic/
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 22 Jan 2018 :  13:16:03  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah young fella drove a ripper race

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11163 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 22 Jan 2018 :  13:25:28  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

It kinda has that feel good vibe like when Tim Kaeding won it for Sean Dyson.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 22 Jan 2018 :  13:41:14  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:

It kinda has that feel good vibe like when Tim Kaeding won it for Sean Dyson.

Yeah, I was lucky enough to have tickets to the corporate area on top of mt max and his family were up there too....came across as good honest people...and for a local to win was huge too, and the crowd certainly showed their approval

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Biggy G
Team Manager

New Zealand
4522 Posts
joined 18 Dec 03

Posted - 22 Jan 2018 :  18:00:10  Show Profile  Visit Biggy G's Homepage Send Biggy G a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Made my first trip to the ‘bool for the Classic this weekend and it certainly disappoint, what a weekend of racing. Kaeding and Hickman on the Friday were unreal, seeing an out and out “fast” track on Saturday was great to watch for speed, didn’t help the passing though, and then McCullagh winning last night was fantastic to see, always seems to be a “story” with most of these speedway guys, and his was a great one.

Only thing is getting out of the joint, wow-wee what a free for all!

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17532 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 22 Jan 2018 :  19:27:39  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
One story from the classic was Garry brazier ..... Time trialed Friday night, then promptly put the car away and went to his motel...I know he has history of doing stupid things like that, but I think this maybe the last we see from braz...

Yeah getting out biggy was an issue...I normally wait around and let the car park to empty a bit, but I had to drive back home to mt gambier each night so I wanted to get out fairly quick...the car park at the pit end was a lot faster

Now for the title

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31  Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.49 seconds.