No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 Speedway
 General Speedway Chat! (Edited)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11336 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 02 Apr 2018 :  14:48:22  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Does losing Milwaukee have any bearing on JMacs drive?
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
BANNED

Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 02 Apr 2018 :  15:21:16  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

Does losing Milwaukee have any bearing on JMacs drive?

His dad said no, but the commentators were indicating that things arnt set in concrete..fairly sure Luche and his band of merry men will have things sorted soon

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11336 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 02 Apr 2018 :  16:41:51  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Luch had done well over the years to bring in big name sponsors over the years like Monster and Milwaukee. I'd suggest that they're chucking all the money behind 23Red and Will.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22601 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 03 Apr 2018 :  17:04:49  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Cam Waters is still having a dabble.

http://www.supercars.com/news/championship/speedway-title-a-special-win-for-waters/?sf186082960=1
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11336 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 03 Apr 2018 :  18:22:30  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Other than PVDA, has anyone here done any speedway officiating? It's something I'm giving thought too.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
10023 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 03 Apr 2018 :  20:53:30  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Back in the '90s, for one season when I wasn't running a car, I spent about four or five meetings in the box as assistant to the Chief Steward (Sprint cars). Jeez, that's thankless task. I had to watch just one half of the track while the Chief Steward (Frosty's uncle) watched the other. That's hard, when your eye keeps tending to follow what's happening elsewhere. My biggest moment was at Canberra at an International night when the lights went out on my half of the track. I nudged Garry, then nudged him again, and then hit the button for the red light. Then the lights went out on the other half of the track. Everyone stopped while the promoter got some guys to sort out the electrics. We wandered down to the track during the stoppage and talked to Steve Kinser and Danny Smith who both had a smoke or two, the lights came back on, and we went racing again. That was OK, but CP, generally, you won't be doing it for the money.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
BANNED

Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 03 Apr 2018 :  22:12:32  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

Other than PVDA, has anyone here done any speedway officiating? It's something I'm giving thought too.

I drove a push car for a few years...was good fun, but from my experience a lot of people involved in speedway have ego issues. If you can handle then, then you will be fine

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11336 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 04 Apr 2018 :  08:36:59  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Tony Stewart saga has come to an end.

Five weeks before a wrongful death lawsuit was set to go to trial, attorneys for Tony Stewart and the family of Kevin Ward Jr. have notified the judge of a settlement.
The Ward family filed the lawsuit in August 2015, one year after Ward was struck and killed by Stewart during a sprint car race at Canandaigua (N.Y.) Motorsports Park. In the lawsuit the Ward family claimed Stewart "wrongly caused Mr. Ward's death by acting with wanton, reckless and malicious intent and negligence."
A settlement hearing has been set for April 12 by U.S. District Court Judge David Hurd. It will take place in Utica, New York, and the terms of the settlement will be put on public record.
Stewart was cleared of any criminal charges by a grand jury in 2014. During the investigation, it was found that Ward had marijuana in his system at the time of the accident, and Ontario County (N.Y.) District Attorney Michael Tantillo said it was enough to impair his judgment.
Racing side-by-side off Turn 2, Ward was squeezed into the outside wall, spun and suffered a flat tire. Under caution, Ward climbed from his car and pointed his finger at Stewart's oncoming vehicle as he walked down the track. During a December 2016 deposition, Stewart said he "attempted to change direction" upon seeing Ward but clipped the 20-year-old.
The cause of death was blunt force trauma.
Stewart told The Associated Press in 2014 "I know 100 percent in my heart and in my mind that I did not do anything wrong."

http://www.racer.com/nascar/item/148427-stewart-ward-family-reach-settlement-in-wrongful-death-suit
Go to Top of Page

ASH_03
Team Manager

Australia
1977 Posts
joined 26 Oct 08

Posted - 05 Apr 2018 :  11:32:37  Show Profile  Click to see ASH_03's MSN Messenger address Send ASH_03 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, Cam did win our biggest prize in Modified Sedans last weekend. It wasn't the most thrilling A-Main we've ever had in Modified Sedans, but he drove so smooth in the feature.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo0JnFoAxXY

Got to deal with Cam quite a bit over the course of the weekend and he was fantastic. Couldn't do enough for our promo stuff, had a great chat to him on Scrutineering day...
About the workings in the Team, and how the Speedway stuff works in etc. and the pressures with the day to day stuff.

And I'd say this one meant quite a bit to him, with the history his father has. He said in our broadcast, not quite Sandown, but pretty up there!! Haha

Now I've gotta finish up my Modified and try and chase that A1 next year!!

Penske | Prodrive

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
BANNED

Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 05 Apr 2018 :  14:06:33  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I watched him race A late model a few years ago and he was mighty fast in that too.

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11336 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 06 Apr 2018 :  16:01:41  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Speaking of late models, we were meant to have the NSW title out here. It has since been canned, and relocated to PCR as there were only five nominations for Gunnedah.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22601 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 06 Apr 2018 :  17:24:40  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Mmm, perhaps travel money was insufficient.
It wouldn't be the first time...
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11336 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 07 Apr 2018 :  13:30:57  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Well that was one of the discussions on the speedways Facebook page, along with concerns with the proximity of walls, and that the track shouldn't have been awarded the title in the first place, and the promoter calling out the late Model association for canning it and then relocating it.

It has since been taken down, which probably was the right move.

Late Models have raced here in the past when it was promoted by Dave Lander, and it could've carried some extra meaning given the recent death of Ken Croft, who ran in Late Models and Grand Nationals. Maybe you've raced against him LG?

EDIT: Those sidecar passengers are ****ing crazy bastards.

Edited by - CP on 15 Apr 2018 20:25:54
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
BANNED

Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 15 Apr 2018 :  21:10:55  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

[quote]Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

[/quote

Lol..I was one of them...it's not as bad as you think it is, your normally concentrating too much to be scared..having said that, I have broken most bones on sidecars

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11336 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 15 Apr 2018 :  22:17:01  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by CP

[quote]Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

[/quote

Lol..I was one of them...it's not as bad as you think it is, your normally concentrating too much to be scared..having said that, I have broken most bones on sidecars

I went over last night and today and watched the Aussie titles in Tamworth.

EDIT: If what I am reading on Facebook is correct, USC is to be rebranded as Ultimate Speedway Challenge and will feature Sprintcars, Speedcars and Late Models, and will be a touring series that goes to the Made Too Go owned tracks.

Edited by - CP on 01 May 2018 00:12:14
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31  Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.78 seconds.