V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 Speedway
 General Speedway Chat! (Edited)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 01 May 2018 :  09:49:45  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Young Reid Mackay had a massive one at PCR.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/motor-sport/horrific-150kmh-crash-leaves-speedway-community-in-shock/news-story/e5700b32892489d5f401ee236470fa97

This is an update from his mum yesterday:

Update on my boy

Reid is being kept in an induced coma at least for a few more days. Heís stable and responding to us when we ask him to squeeze our hands, which is a great sign. Hes had another scan and a fracture in his spine T5 has been discovered.

The doctors are deciding if they are going to operate on the carotid artery in his neck. If they do it might be tomorrow. They will make a decision on his spine as soon as they carry out more scans. On the plus side his lungs are improving.

I know itís a lot to take in and is very distressing, however the doctors are confident he will make a full recovery.

Thank you for all of your beautiful messages and well wishes. Reid is going to be overwhelmed when he wakes up and sees all the support and love heís had around him.

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 01 May 2018 09:51:57
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10343 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 20 May 2018 :  23:29:40  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
According to the ever relaible news sourse of "Facebook", Veal and KMS have parted ways after just the one season?
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 21 May 2018 :  10:00:24  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

According to the ever relaible news sourse of "Facebook", Veal and KMS have parted ways after just the one season?

not suprising...one source told me that they sacked a whinger (BT) and hired a bigger one

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9779 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 21 May 2018 :  11:18:06  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I donít know Jamie Veal, and wouldnít know if heís a whinger, but I know Brooke and I know that he isnít. I know that he works hard on on the car and expects other (paid) crew members to do the same. It seems to work, as 9 WSS series wins and 6 runner-up placings shows that it works.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11160 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 21 May 2018 :  13:33:38  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Could we see Brooke back at KMS?
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 21 May 2018 :  15:06:03  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

I donít know Jamie Veal, and wouldnít know if heís a whinger, but I know Brooke and I know that he isnít. I know that he works hard on on the car and expects other (paid) crew members to do the same. It seems to work, as 9 WSS series wins and 6 runner-up placings shows that it works.

yeah I agree..i was a little surprised when I heard it too

Kerry madsen picked up a third at the last WoO race...been a great outlaws season so far, but donny way too good in the ford

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 16 Jun 2018 16:26:30
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11160 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 24 Jun 2018 :  22:42:02  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There's a great piece in today's Sunday Telegraph by Dennis Newyln on Reid Mackay's recovery.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 27 Jun 2018 :  10:35:24  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I see that Borderline was voted Track of the Year.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 27 Jun 2018 :  10:42:58  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

There's a great piece in today's Sunday Telegraph by Dennis Newyln on Reid Mackay's recovery.

Have you got a link to that CP?
I can't find it anywhere.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 27 Jun 2018 :  10:48:46  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

I see that Borderline was voted Track of the Year.

even we were surprised by that !!!

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11160 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 27 Jun 2018 :  13:30:57  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by CP

Must have been a hard copy exclusive that I read at a mates place as I cant find it online either. Kinda sucks as it was a good read.

EDIT: According the cover of the new Oval Express, Keneric's Australian team has followed their US one and is no longer?

Edited by - CP on 27 Jun 2018 20:51:55
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 27 Jun 2018 :  21:00:31  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by CP

Must have been a hard copy exclusive that I read at a mates place as I cant find it online either. Kinda sucks as it was a good read.

EDIT: According the cover of the new Oval Express, Keneric's Australian team has followed their US one and is no longer?

Yeah....Kerry to KMS ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11160 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 28 Jun 2018 :  12:54:24  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
World Series calendar has been released.

Speedweek is the usual dates with Murray Bridge--->Borderline--->Warrnambool--->Avalon--->Warrnambool. Then it is off to Archerfield for the two night Open, then back at Archerfield a few days later, then at the end of February they go west to Albany and the two night finale at Perth Motorplex.

The first contracted driver announcement is the return of Monte Motorsport with James McFadden.

Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10343 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 28 Jun 2018 :  17:46:20  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Awful schedule, only 10 rounds? Some pretty major tracks not included in the schedule as well

On Facebook a bit of blame has been directed at USC, but that has fallen pretty flat over the last 12-18 months as well so I don't see that as being the issue
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 28 Jun 2018 :  18:05:22  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

Awful schedule, only 10 rounds? Some pretty major tracks not included in the schedule as well

On Facebook a bit of blame has been directed at USC, but that has fallen pretty flat over the last 12-18 months as well so I don't see that as being the issue

I could've wrong, but hasn't USC regrouped and got their crap together including running late models ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31  Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 9.66 seconds.