V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 Speedway
 General Speedway Chat! (Edited)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 24 Jul 2014 :  13:10:05  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The POWRi Speedcar Super Series will be having a round at Gunnedah. Thats enough to draw me back out there.
Go to Top of Page

ASH_03
Team Manager

Australia
1973 Posts
joined 26 Oct 08

Posted - 25 Jul 2014 :  10:19:06  Show Profile  Click to see ASH_03's MSN Messenger address Send ASH_03 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Any talks of a combined effort between the Super Series and the Pro Series obviously failed... Super Series is better for locals anyway

Love watching a good field of Midgets!

EDIT:
Also good to see the National Super Sedan Series kicks off with World Series in Brisbane... I'll be there filming it for the Super Sedan Association, just hope it gets the recognition it deserves as the National Series on the Night.

Penske | Prodrive

_Mford

Edited by - ASH_03 on 25 Jul 2014 10:20:37
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 18 Aug 2014 :  17:39:05  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm not sure whether to put this here in Speedway or the bike section, but SGP will be back in Australia.

http://www.speedway.com.au/2014/08/16/australia-to-host-sgp-round-in-2015/
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 18 Aug 2014 :  18:00:17  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
be awesome...hope they have sidecars too

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 26 Aug 2014 :  12:12:53  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The sprintcar world is after a new pair of Kings. King Kinser announced that this year will be his last, and King Sammy has retired effective immediately.

American Sprintcar legend Sammy Swindell has announced his immediate retirement from the sport.
The 58-year-old has made the shock decision after a two week break and will focus his energies towards his son, Kevin, who will line-up in the NASCAR Nationwide Series for the remainder of 2014.
However Swindell senior still aims to race in January’s Chili Bowl Nationals in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
“After the last two weeks of our break from racing I have decided to retire from racing. I would like to still drive my midget at the Chili Bowl,” said Swindell.
“I have been thinking a lot about this for the last three months. It has been a hard decision to make. I always knew when the time came to retire it would be clear.
“Part of the reason for the timing now is I’ve spent the last two weekends with my son, Kevin, racing.
“I haven’t had any time to spend with his racing the last four years. He will drive a (NASCAR) Nationwide car for the rest of the year and I want to be there to support him.”
Swindell was one of the original World of Outlaws in 1978 with Doug Wolfgang and Steve Kinser – who announced at the end of last year that 2014 would be his last full-time season behind the wheel.
The Germantown, Tennessee native has scored 294 World of Outlaws victories and over 500 Sprintcar victories throughout his storied career.
He’s been praised as an innovator by STP World of Outlaws Race Director, Carlton Reimers.
“Sammy’s talent is more than a driver, he is an innovator,” said Reimers.
“He was one of the ‘Big 3#8242; along with Steve Kinser and Doug Wolfgang in the early days, and he persevered through the years. He was a threat to win every night. I hope he and Kevin find all the success they want.”
Swindell has always been considered one of the most polarising personalities in the sport.
A driver able to do what few others can behind the wheel, but outside the car at times taciturn.
The decision by Swindell to quit and Kinser’s decision to drastically reduce his outings at the completion of this season represents a seismic shift in the sport that hasn’t been seen in the Outlaws era of Sprintcar racing.
It also brings the curtain down on one of the most enduring rivalries seen in any form of sport around the globe, one that is as intense nearly 40 years after it began.
With a fear of flying, Swindell long resisted coming to Australia to compete until the first ever World of Outlaws Downunder event at Parramatta City Raceway.
From the time he arrived, he was a sensation and has made several more trips to Australia since.
The younger Swindell has been a regular in Australia – even up to last summer – and is now well on the path of a NASCAR career.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/08/26/us-sprintcar-icon-swindell-quits/
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 26 Aug 2014 :  12:14:20  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
always loved the look of Sammy's cars...will be missed

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Biggy G
Team Manager

New Zealand
4522 Posts
joined 18 Dec 03

Posted - 26 Aug 2014 :  21:03:46  Show Profile  Visit Biggy G's Homepage Send Biggy G a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Got to see him race back home in NZ, and actually win the NZ Championship, ranks up there with seeing Schumi race in person for me, never forget it. Total legend.

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 26 Aug 2014 :  22:21:37  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.krikkeboysrace.com/release.asp?NewsId=50382

what on earth are they thinking ?????????? ryan should have got a life ban

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 25 Oct 2014 :  10:00:15  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There hasn't been much news regarding the current WSS season since the official voice left.
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10342 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 25 Oct 2014 :  11:57:20  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

There hasn't been much news regarding the current WSS season since the official voice left.

You see the odd name popping up here and there announcing they are contracted for the season, but not alot yet.

Wade Aunger is putting alot of time and effort into Parramatta Speedway at the moment.

When he went there i actually thought it might have helped Parra get a WSS round for the first time since when, the 2009/10 season?
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 26 Oct 2014 :  00:21:04  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The POWRi speedcars were in Gunnedah yesterday so I decided to go out. It has been at least four years since I have been out there (due to a number of factors including weather, loss of interest, same old super sedan/stockers/bendas program, low car numbers), so I decided to go out as it has been a long time since we have had a major touring series in Gunnedah, and it was pretty ****ing excellent, apart from the heat and the dust.

The speedcars as always were great to watch as there were some good battles in the deeper part of the pack and apart from one crash, the majority of yellow flags were for spins. Nathan Smee cleared out which meant there was no battle for the lead. However, in the Street Stock feature, there was a battle for lead and it went right down to the chequered flag as a driver (i've forgotten his name) lifted off just before the flag and his team mate just snuck by him.

The Fender Benders actually did some bending, albeit only in the heats which led to a pretty boring feature, which the announcer jokingly referred to as division 2 street stockers.

Super Sedans are always brilliant to watch.

As for Juniors........................well, it is great that we have a category aimed at grooming future talents, but there were only three entered......and front wheel drive isn't a great platform for dirt track racing. You can draw your own conclusions from that one.

Apart from the dust, the heat, and the 15 minute grader demonstration just before the Speedcar feature, it was pretty good.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 26 Oct 2014 :  10:53:38  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Our own Ash is going well this season!
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 04 Nov 2014 :  13:00:52  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yep, Jarred scored another win at Toowoomba.

EDIT: The Scott Darley Challenge will air on One in March.

Edited by - CP on 14 Jan 2015 07:50:17
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10342 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 14 Jan 2015 :  15:23:08  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

EDIT: The Scott Darley Challenge will air on One in March.

I'll be there on Saturday night, looking forward to seeing how it transfers across to the TV. It's a big field and will be an emotional night as ever for the event.

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 22 Jan 2015 :  05:56:43  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
woooohoooo kings tonight them the CLASSIC !!!!

go linesy !!!!

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31  Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 5.58 seconds.