V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 2012 Official Liveries
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 62

GetThe
Team Manager

2392 Posts
joined 06 Dec 10

Posted - 25 Jan 2012 :  10:59:32  Show Profile Send GetThe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To stop all the confusion and debate about which livery thread is which how about we use this for the OFFICIAL liveries and leave the other one as the CONCEPT liveries as it started out.

Maybe Mosscano can edit the title of his thread to 2012 Concept Liveries to suit.

Sonic

Australia
14478 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 25 Jan 2012 :  11:02:19  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.teamboc.com.au/2012.jpg

Team BOC livery

Go to Top of Page

mosscano
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
514 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 25 Jan 2012 :  11:45:00  Show Profile  Visit mosscano's Homepage Send mosscano a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by GetThe

To stop all the confusion and debate about which livery thread is which how about we use this for the OFFICIAL liveries and leave the other one as the CONCEPT liveries as it started out.

Maybe Mosscano can edit the title of his thread to 2012 Concept Liveries to suit.

Done.

Go to Top of Page

Contra
Fujitsu Driver

712 Posts
joined 08 Jul 08

Posted - 25 Jan 2012 :  15:33:18  Show Profile Send Contra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How many livery angles did BJR provide AA this week?? Three full pages of the one image, I wonder how much BOC paid for the priviledge? I'm all for pumping up the sails of the Albury based squad but at least mix it up a bit this just seemed odd to me. Must have been a slow week for V8supercar based news.

Go to Top of Page

cbddqld
Pit Crew

200 Posts
joined 21 Oct 09

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  16:30:23  Show Profile Send cbddqld a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ok... just did some work out at the panelshop that paints all of 888,s stuff.... All of the panels are painted Red florescent PEARL... Looks great . Gives it real depth and gives the panels light and dark flips... the light flip almost looks orange. NO CHROME PAINTWORK.... I was told when i quizzed them that there will be only "a couple of chrome strips " (vinyl stickers) . Also there will be quite of lot of carbon look to the graphics. now im not sure how what i saw fits into the design (maybe the graphics gurus on here could imagining it) but on the table with all of the painted fittings there were sets of door handles....now some were only painted half in flouro and the other half white... the other handle was completely white. now i poked around a bit but could not see any sign of other panels with white on them... like i said all of the panels were painted ALL RED FLOURO PEARL. I think people will be impressed with the colour...unfortanatley its one of those things that will only be appreciated in the flesh...TV probably wont do it justice.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
4533 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  16:45:27  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Jack Daniel's Racing and Jim Beam Racing will unveil their 2012 liveries before Adelaide. Meaning that they will run their 2011 liveries for the test day.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/01/26/two-v8-teams-delay-new-livery-launch/

Good idea. They will get more spotlight going this way, opposed to all the teams launching their liveries before the test day.

"You donít have to win a race to regard it as one of your best races" - The Enforcer
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
4129 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  16:59:55  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cbddqld

Ok... just did some work out at the panelshop that paints all of 888,s stuff.... All of the panels are painted Red florescent PEARL... Looks great . Gives it real depth and gives the panels light and dark flips... the light flip almost looks orange. NO CHROME PAINTWORK.... I was told when i quizzed them that there will be only "a couple of chrome strips " (vinyl stickers) . Also there will be quite of lot of carbon look to the graphics. now im not sure how what i saw fits into the design (maybe the graphics gurus on here could imagining it) but on the table with all of the painted fittings there were sets of door handles....now some were only painted half in flouro and the other half white... the other handle was completely white. now i poked around a bit but could not see any sign of other panels with white on them... like i said all of the panels were painted ALL RED FLOURO PEARL. I think people will be impressed with the colour...unfortanatley its one of those things that will only be appreciated in the flesh...TV probably wont do it justice.

I'd say those white sections on the door handles are for the letters in 'Vodafone'. I'm guessing they are white.

Go to Top of Page

glenn
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
787 Posts
joined 28 Feb 06

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  17:07:24  Show Profile  Visit glenn's Homepage Send glenn a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Spree

quote:

I'd say those white sections on the door handles are for the letters in 'Vodafone'. I'm guessing they are white.

But wouldn't they just be vinyl spree? Seems odd to paint in the white with the amount of wraps and vinyl used these days.

Check out my online gallery www.facebook.com/curbsidephotography
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
17496 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  17:09:58  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

Jack Daniel's Racing and Jim Beam Racing will unveil their 2012 liveries before Adelaide. Meaning that they will run their 2011 liveries for the test day.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/01/26/two-v8-teams-delay-new-livery-launch/

Good idea. They will get more spotlight going this way, opposed to all the teams launching their liveries before the test day.

I think you'll find that JDR are running an interim livery.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Mr.McPhillamy
Team Manager

Australia
6289 Posts
joined 03 Jan 09

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  17:17:37  Show Profile Send Mr.McPhillamy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
In my opinion - BOC liveries, at least on Holdens - have been exhausted!

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
4129 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  17:20:22  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by glenn

quote:
Originally posted by Spree

quote:

But wouldn't they just be vinyl spree? Seems odd to paint in the white with the amount of wraps and vinyl used these days.

Perhaps.

Maybe they thought it'd be easier to just paint them as opposed to cutting vinyls to fit on the handles?

Go to Top of Page

NinnyMan
V8 Champion

1298 Posts
joined 13 Dec 07

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  19:59:04  Show Profile Send NinnyMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by glenn

It depends. The door handles aren't fun things to wrap these days,
and they wouldn't go through that many in a season....being so far
out in front the T8 cars hardly get scratched - so masking and painting
them in different colours isn't entirely out of the question.

The other thing is with the fluro paint, from past experiences they
have to put down a white base coat first, so perhaps they hadn't painted
them all yet???

But what was seen pretty much fits in with what I have heard about the livery.
Go to Top of Page

GoobaFish
V8 Champion

Australia
1381 Posts
joined 25 Apr 08

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  21:16:35  Show Profile Send GoobaFish a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Ok... just did some work out at the panelshop that paints all of 888,s stuff.... All of the panels are painted Red florescent PEARL... Looks great . Gives it real depth and gives the panels light and dark flips... the light flip almost looks orange. NO CHROME PAINTWORK....
(snip)

My source said they thought they saw "dayglo" - I think this red pearl is what they saw. My source said he liked what he saw, although there were many bits that hadn't changed a lot.

So a Radical change in 888 livery ain't happening this year - but this colour cbddqld is referring to sounds very interesting! Actually, cbddqld, are you sure this isn't just for the demo/display car?

_MGoobaFish :p
Go to Top of Page

emu
V8 Champion

1236 Posts
joined 14 Aug 09

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  22:04:21  Show Profile Send emu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by GoobaFish

quote:

Ok... just did some work out at the panelshop that paints all of 888,s stuff.... All of the panels are painted Red florescent PEARL... Looks great . Gives it real depth and gives the panels light and dark flips... the light flip almost looks orange. NO CHROME PAINTWORK....
(snip)

My source said they thought they saw "dayglo" - I think this red pearl is what they saw. My source said he liked what he saw, although there were many bits that hadn't changed a lot.

So a Radical change in 888 livery ain't happening this year - but this colour cbddqld is referring to sounds very interesting! Actually, cbddqld, are you sure this isn't just for the demo/display car?

didnt roland say this years car would be totally different?
Go to Top of Page

cbddqld
Pit Crew

200 Posts
joined 21 Oct 09

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  22:07:07  Show Profile Send cbddqld a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by GoobaFish

quote:

(snip)

Definitely for race cars.... as multiple panels , doors that had intrusion bars removed and composite guards and quarter panels were all there. While i was working they removed a batch from the booth and put in a prepared lot to paint. I asked if it made it easier not to have to paint the chrome... painter replied "not really" the said after priming ( that is after a lot of sanding and prepping fresh out of the mold composite panels and repairing doors after they have been DE-skinned, intrusion bars and hinge plate rios removed + a large square section from the inner frame then a new skin fitted)they then lay down 2 coats of white ground coat, 2 coats of flouro red , 2 coats of top coat pearl (he wouldn't tell me what it was.... it looked gold but flipped to an orange red) then a final 2 coats of clear . So all up including primers they said it can be between 10 and 13 coats of paint to each panel.

P.S ... was just looking at images of last years car and it explains the door handles... because the white VODAFONE is reversed on each side, one handle is virtually all white and the other is about half white.

Edited by - cbddqld on 26 Jan 2012 22:19:40
Go to Top of Page

C.O.Z
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
577 Posts
joined 29 Dec 09

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  14:19:31  Show Profile Send C.O.Z a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 62 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2014 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 9.64 seconds.