V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 A Murph thread!!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
14037 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 03 Mar 2012 :  22:30:30  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I reckon Murph was just damn unlucky to get caught up with that dingbat crashaholic Courtney today!!

He had a bit of a shocker in qualifying, had a lot of issues to overcome, got a reasonable start, them whamo it all went to ****.

Had the best looking car on the track, that green livery is superb!

I just hope he gets his **** sorted before he gets his new Pepsi Max Nissan next year!!

Oh lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz.
My friends all drive Holdens, I must make amends.
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends.
Stuff you lord, I bought my own, Mercedes Benz.

simonr23
V8 Champion

955 Posts
joined 08 Mar 07

Posted - 03 Mar 2012 :  22:41:49  Show Profile Send simonr23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
his pace seemed ok. it would've had him somewhere around 10-15th. not setting the world on fire, but solid. i followed him on and off after his repairs.
Go to Top of Page

M-Tech
Formula Ford Driver

363 Posts
joined 27 Dec 05

Posted - 03 Mar 2012 :  23:05:44  Show Profile  Visit M-Tech's Homepage Send M-Tech a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ah well, such is motor racing.

Not every drived can finish on the podum each race
Go to Top of Page

gomurph51
Team Manager

Australia
2112 Posts
joined 21 Dec 08

Posted - 03 Mar 2012 :  23:11:56  Show Profile Send gomurph51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
thanks bigem i was a bit worried that there wasnt going to be a murph thread !!!

his pace after he came back out was certainly better than his qualifying.

I'm wondering about the move to Nissan. I cant see it actually, maybe thats why he is driving in NZ, maybe thats all he will do next year ??

2m06.8594
Go to Top of Page

daveo555
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
513 Posts
joined 04 Feb 05

Posted - 03 Mar 2012 :  23:34:21  Show Profile  Click to see daveo555's MSN Messenger address Send daveo555 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well seeing Murphy crashed into crashaholic courtney and possibly caused courtneys accident. I wouldnt be that quick to jump the gun.

That said murph has been unlucky lately.

There's no other way to drive a Datsun other than going from lock-to-lock on the steering, sideways, at 7,000RPM.
Go to Top of Page

LP11
BANNED

Australia
1293 Posts
joined 27 Feb 12

Posted - 03 Mar 2012 :  23:35:17  Show Profile Send LP11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I sure hope your wrong about Murph going to Nissan Em...that is some of the last news I would want after the Kellys going there too.

Murph really has nothing but himself to blame for getting into that incident early on in the race as if it hadn't been for his poor qualifying, he wouldn't have been squabbling with Courtney and doing damage to his car which ultimately contributed to JC downfall. The 2nd half of the Kelly team doesn't seem to be the same team as it was with Reynolds as Murph's team-mate. I'm not sure whether it is the quality of Reynolds or the fact that his car is getting older (nothing new this year) as to why the team seems to be lacking in performance...

Edited by - LP11 on 03 Mar 2012 23:35:37
Go to Top of Page

murf2004
Pit Crew

New Zealand
219 Posts
joined 13 Jun 04

Posted - 03 Mar 2012 :  23:54:16  Show Profile  Click to see murf2004's MSN Messenger address Send murf2004 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
daveo555 if you watch the footage you will see someone come together murph which unsettled his car into courtney.
Go to Top of Page

LP11
BANNED

Australia
1293 Posts
joined 27 Feb 12

Posted - 03 Mar 2012 :  23:56:19  Show Profile Send LP11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by murf2004

daveo555 if you watch the footage you will see someone come together murph which unsettled his car into courtney.

That may be the case...but still Murph should have qualified better to avoid that mess and potential for mid-pack collision!!

Go to Top of Page

murf2004
Pit Crew

New Zealand
219 Posts
joined 13 Jun 04

Posted - 04 Mar 2012 :  00:01:57  Show Profile  Click to see murf2004's MSN Messenger address Send murf2004 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That is true, I was just pointing out it that he didn't cause it he was apart of the chain-reaction from the corner onwards. Hopefully he has a better run tomorrow . Finally got to meet him today after following him since the 1996 Wellington street race.
Go to Top of Page

LP11
BANNED

Australia
1293 Posts
joined 27 Feb 12

Posted - 04 Mar 2012 :  00:04:59  Show Profile Send LP11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

That is true, I was just pointing out it that he didn't cause it he was apart of the chain-reaction from the corner onwards. Hopefully he has a better run tomorrow . Finally got to meet him today after following him since the 1996 Wellington street race.

Good for you

I hope he has a much improved run tomorrow too...

Go to Top of Page

murf2004
Pit Crew

New Zealand
219 Posts
joined 13 Jun 04

Posted - 04 Mar 2012 :  00:08:06  Show Profile  Click to see murf2004's MSN Messenger address Send murf2004 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Can someone tell me how he ended up 10 or so laps down at the start? I was all over the place and didn't catch what happened, was it just damage from the contact?
Go to Top of Page

Bonzracer
Transporter Driver

6 Posts
joined 27 Feb 12

Posted - 04 Mar 2012 :  00:15:32  Show Profile Send Bonzracer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah, i think he lost most of that time due to the incident damage, I think it was said he broke the top off a shock absorber mount or similar!
Go to Top of Page

lowndes888fan
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
746 Posts
joined 06 Mar 03

Posted - 04 Mar 2012 :  00:17:41  Show Profile  Visit lowndes888fan's Homepage  Click to see lowndes888fan's MSN Messenger address Send lowndes888fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by daveo555

Well seeing Murphy crashed into crashaholic courtney and possibly caused courtneys accident. I wouldnt be that quick to jump the gun.

That said murph has been unlucky lately.

I dont see how a knock in the drivers rear door from murph can cause an engine failure!!!! Hmmmmm!
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
12698 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 04 Mar 2012 :  09:04:59  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
murphs just super

Im kind of a big deal
Go to Top of Page

DeeMaC
Team Manager

Australia
3010 Posts
joined 30 May 08

Posted - 04 Mar 2012 :  11:07:56  Show Profile  Visit DeeMaC's Homepage Send DeeMaC a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Can someone tell me how he ended up 10 or so laps down at the start? I was all over the place and didn't catch what happened, was it just damage from the contact?

He was busy sucking on popsicles as was just going really slow?

Both Murph and Ingall need a season in the top 20 and preferable top 15 or they should pretty much think of becoming co drivers.

They'd both be great as experienced co drivers but I think their days of taking a championship are over.
Go to Top of Page

M-Tech
Formula Ford Driver

363 Posts
joined 27 Dec 05

Posted - 04 Mar 2012 :  17:28:24  Show Profile  Visit M-Tech's Homepage Send M-Tech a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I know Greg Murphy had a shocker of a race 1 and some poeple will blame contact earlier on the race for his broken shock, but how do you explain todays qualifying incident?

Rear ending a back marker on a qualifying lap??? Which he clearly says on the radio was his own fault. Was it temporary brain fade, or has he simply lost his ability to race a V8 Supercar and should consider retiring......
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2014 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.86 seconds.