V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Whincup 2013
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Groucho 333
BANNED

Australia
314 Posts
joined 18 Feb 11

Posted - 07 Mar 2012 :  18:45:40  Show Profile Send Groucho 333 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Gotta love how someone sitting in front of a computer has the hide to give an opinion on whether a V8 Supercar driver/champion has enough guts/balls to do anything ?

V8 Central , where some bogans let the result of a motor race control their life , where manufacturer bias is out of control and where 1 moderator has absolutely no idea what to do to fix the problem of forum members turning V8 Central into shyte because of it.

Edited by - Groucho 333 on 07 Mar 2012 18:47:21
Go to Top of Page

Brightman
V8 Champion

Australia
862 Posts
joined 16 Jan 12

Posted - 07 Mar 2012 :  18:46:51  Show Profile Send Brightman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I reckon Whincup is getting bored in this series and wants a new challenge in his motorsport career.
Ill put it out there as well and say he is heading to the US.
Yer the money is unbelievable in NASCAR

Fan of:
#8 Jason Bright
#14 Fabian Coulthard
#2 Mark Webber
#3 Daniel Ricciardo
#12 Will Power
#15 Luke Hodge
Hawthorn 2013 AFL Premiers
'That's what they call a control tyre'

_Mholden
Go to Top of Page

Scorpio
Team Manager

Australia
2224 Posts
joined 23 Oct 06

Posted - 07 Mar 2012 :  18:49:41  Show Profile  Click to see Scorpio's MSN Messenger address Send Scorpio a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sportscars would be a better option
Go to Top of Page

billybanana
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
497 Posts
joined 09 Nov 05

Posted - 07 Mar 2012 :  18:50:29  Show Profile Send billybanana a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry
Any Aussie competing overseas deserves the full backing of all sports lovers in this country.

Couldn't agree more LG. Ambrose was my natural arch enemy before he left Australia but now has my unconditional support. Heaven forbid I even quite like the guy now
Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
5657 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 07 Mar 2012 :  18:54:44  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Groucho 333

Gotta love how someone sitting in front of a computer has the hide to give an opinion on whether a V8 Supercar driver/champion has enough guts/balls to do anything ?

I hate this comment. Do you know what everyone on this forum is involved in? We all have decisions in life that take guts to make that decision - some choose to take that head on, some choose to hide from it - and this happens in any field of employment.

Whincup has a high-profile job where a lot of people know what he does, and a by-product of that is scrutiny and adulation from fans of differing backgrounds. A forum is a mechanism for these people to put up their opinion. People have varying levels of articulation, but the message is often still the same.

So next time you post this sort of comment, belittling another member for having an opinion about a driver, think - do I know this person, what they do and where they are from. If you check the members area, you may find the backstory to A LOT of members and your opinion will change.

A key rule for life is, no matter who a person is, whether they are the CEO of a large corporation or a street cleaner, everyone deserves the same respect and everyone deserves a voice and opinion. It is shallow and belittling to take that away from someone through pure ignorance.

McLaughlin later described the final corner: "I don't know what happened there. I just plucked it in first, gave it some jandal and **** yeah!"
Go to Top of Page

Kieron302
Team Manager

Australia
5604 Posts
joined 14 May 03

Posted - 07 Mar 2012 :  18:55:15  Show Profile Send Kieron302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Should definately go to the NASCAR truck series to get him started, get Marcos to hold his hand for a while to give him a jump start then when he's ready for the main game, maybe Marcos will be in a position to run an all Aussie team.
Go to Top of Page

FOX 42
Team Manager

Australia
2328 Posts
joined 01 Jan 04

Posted - 07 Mar 2012 :  18:57:50  Show Profile Send FOX 42 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
JW would be wasted on ovals, would rather see him in a road course series.

To be honest it took Ambrose 7 years to get up the front in NASCAR ovals, and he had oversaes experiance as well.

Go to Top of Page

stompin
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
459 Posts
joined 03 Dec 09

Posted - 07 Mar 2012 :  18:59:17  Show Profile Send stompin a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by korn007

quote:
Originally posted by gasking

quote:
Originally posted by stompin

I hope he goes to Nascar and shows up Ambros.

i too hope he has a go at nascar be interesting to see how he goes.

you said that name, i sense this is going to turn into 10 pages of blue flames

of course it is going to when he makes such imature comments like that.

Yet its ok for Ambros fans to **** on about how great Ambros was and that hes going to come back and instantly show every one up?

Go eat a dick.

Gas grass or ass no one rides for free!
Go to Top of Page

LP11
BANNED

Australia
1293 Posts
joined 27 Feb 12

Posted - 07 Mar 2012 :  19:01:05  Show Profile Send LP11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
As it seems to be a personal announcement and not a team announcement, my gut feeling is Nascar. And if it is this, the series and especially 888 and Holden will be much the poorer for it. On the bright side, after about a year or two developing and crafting his skills over there in truck and nationwide, I'm looking forward to him taking on and beating Ambrose in Sprint Cup

Go to Top of Page

Groucho 333
BANNED

Australia
314 Posts
joined 18 Feb 11

Posted - 07 Mar 2012 :  19:01:35  Show Profile Send Groucho 333 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Muz

quote:
Originally posted by Groucho 333

I hate this comment. Do you know what everyone on this forum is involved in? We all have decisions in life that take guts to make that decision - some choose to take that head on, some choose to hide from it - and this happens in any field of employment.

Whincup has a high-profile job where a lot of people know what he does, and a by-product of that is scrutiny and adulation from fans of differing backgrounds. A forum is a mechanism for these people to put up their opinion. People have varying levels of articulation, but the message is often still the same.

So next time you post this sort of comment, belittling another member for having an opinion about a driver, think - do I know this person, what they do and where they are from. If you check the members area, you may find the backstory to A LOT of members and your opinion will change.

A key rule for life is, no matter who a person is, whether they are the CEO of a large corporation or a street cleaner, everyone deserves the same respect and everyone deserves a voice and opinion. It is shallow and belittling to take that away from someone through pure ignorance.

So by the poster saying that JW doesn't have the balls , that is giving everyone respect is it ?
Does the poster know JW to be able to make that statement ?
Your post doesn't change a thing with me, so move on.

V8 Central , where some bogans let the result of a motor race control their life , where manufacturer bias is out of control and where 1 moderator has absolutely no idea what to do to fix the problem of forum members turning V8 Central into shyte because of it.
Go to Top of Page

Fastboysmith
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
369 Posts
joined 06 Feb 10

Posted - 07 Mar 2012 :  19:07:58  Show Profile Send Fastboysmith a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What if ambrose is helping whincup into nascar there may be a spot at RPM next to Ambrose next year
Go to Top of Page

Lukeyson
Pit Crew

Australia
242 Posts
joined 18 Dec 09

Posted - 07 Mar 2012 :  19:13:51  Show Profile Send Lukeyson a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karter

quote:
Originally posted by Muz

Making an announcement at the GP - didn't ambrose do that?

IIRC Marcos made his announcement after winning the Clipsal 500.

I think you are right, and it looked like this

I am blue as they come, but Whincup is a good driver, and he has had pretty much the best car under him for a few years, he is probably getting bored, or wanting to leave while he is at the top of this/his game.
So when Holden are getting their asses kicked in the years to come, all the Holden fans can cry for Whincup to come back, like my Ford bretheren do to the holy Marcos Ambrose. lol

David Thexton fanclub member #00001
Go to Top of Page

HSA67
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
314 Posts
joined 06 Dec 10

Posted - 07 Mar 2012 :  19:19:11  Show Profile Send HSA67 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fastboysmith

What if ambrose is helping whincup into nascar there may be a spot at RPM next to Ambrose next year

Beat me to it, Who knows Whincup and Ambrose could have been talking about this for a while now. Ambrose never had another Aussie driver to help him out so this may be the push or the leg up Whincup needed.

Not a Whincup fan and never really watched Nascar until Ambrose had a crack but would support him 100% if he decided to take the plunge.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
7025 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 07 Mar 2012 :  19:24:03  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Im going to go out on a limb and say that he is going to DTM.
Go to Top of Page

LP11
BANNED

Australia
1293 Posts
joined 27 Feb 12

Posted - 07 Mar 2012 :  19:24:46  Show Profile Send LP11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fastboysmith

Good point but I doubt it. I see Monster giving him a major helping out in the transition to racing over there...

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2014 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 7.23 seconds.