No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Sports
 Tennis
 Tomic at US open
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stucar17
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
781 Posts
joined 23 Mar 07

Posted - 01 Sep 2012 :  17:11:17  Show Profile Send stucar17 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, it wasnt that long ago that we said Tomic had the silver spoon in his mouth and would struggle.

His performance against Roddick today was nothing short of embarrassing. I think after wimbledon he lost 1st round in 5 tournaments and made the second round in another. One of the journos asked him if he tanked today and in a smart arse reply asked for his name and said " i will remember that"

I hope he does, but only after he works his arse off for 12 months and has a few tournament wins, and can then say "after i tanked in the US i had a reality check"

I just wish he had half the work ethic of Hewitt. Old and injured, at least he still has a dig, and does the best with what he has left.

Im fat because every time i shag your missus she gives me a cookie!

Trickyonne
BANNED

Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 01 Sep 2012 :  21:35:57  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
why would he tank ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5062 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 02 Sep 2012 :  00:13:00  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Because he knew he couldn't beat Roddick so he just didn't try in the 3rd set and let Roddick win it easily.

Tomic is a tool. I dislike him....alot.

2019 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page

stucar17
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
781 Posts
joined 23 Mar 07

Posted - 02 Sep 2012 :  17:18:40  Show Profile Send stucar17 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

why would he tank ?

I dont know whats going through his head but in that third set he didnt even try tricky.

Maybe he has been reading too much of the publicity he got after a few good results, or maybe its the fact he has signed a few good deals and he just couldnt be bothered.....

Fact is, at this rate he wont come close to for-filling his potential, and he will get the aussie public offside at the same time.....

Not a good look

Im fat because every time i shag your missus she gives me a cookie!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds.