No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Sports
 Football - NRL, AFL, Soccer, etc...
 NRL 2013
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 28

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22536 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 31 Oct 2012 :  13:33:21  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Just copied STP01's post - thought it was timely.

Signed with the Broncos for two years!

BRISBANE Broncos have confirmed the signing of former Gold Coast skipper Scott Prince on a two-year contract, ensuring the 32-year-old halfback will end his NRL career in Queensland.
Prince has negotiated a released from the final year of his Titans contract and will join Anthony Griffin's squad at the Broncos where he will fight for the No.7 jersey against NSW Origin contender Peter Wallace.

"The NRMA Insurance Broncos have today agreed to a two-year deal that will bring Scott Prince back to the club he last played with in 2003," the Broncos said in a statement.

"He will begin training with the Broncos when pre-season starts on Monday."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/broncos-and-knights-emerge-as-contenders-for-scott-prince-after-titans-grant-him-a-release/story-e6frexnr-1226507376079

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11290 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 31 Oct 2012 :  15:00:15  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The NRL will also have a new logo for 2013 onwards

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/just-not-cricket-nrl-launches-new-logo-puts-brakes-on-expansion-20121029-28e41.html
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10687 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 31 Oct 2012 :  16:37:27  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If I'm honest, that logo looks pretty bland.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7199 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 31 Oct 2012 :  17:18:49  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Prince should give some direction and organisation the the Broncos, which has been missing since Lockyer retired. The question is though, is he over the hill? Will Prince be given a shot at #7?

As for the logo, I'm agreeing with you DJRFord, pretty basic and bland... I guess the idea that comes with it is right though.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22536 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 31 Oct 2012 :  17:47:04  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Put Prince at half if he comes up good enough and try Wallace at five eighth.

Griffin has said that he isn't a shoe in - he's #25 in the squad.

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 31 Oct 2012 17:47:54
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13437 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 01 Nov 2012 :  06:57:45  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Norman will go to fullback, Prince halfback Wallace at 5/8.

Not sure if i like this. Princes attitude at the Titans the last couple of years hasn't been real flash

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7199 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 01 Nov 2012 :  10:04:10  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Not sure if i like this. Princes attitude at the Titans the last couple of years hasn't been real flash

Norman fullback? Didn't Hoffman just play pretty well at fullback for NZ?

I can see Norman dropping back to the bench to play a bit like Barba did in 2010 - Come of the bench to try and make an impact.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

bruce1
Team Manager

Australia
2585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 01 Nov 2012 :  10:38:49  Show Profile Send bruce1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

There was friction between Bird and Prince, apparently.

I reckon he'll go ok at Brisbane, Wallace certainly needs a hand.
Go to Top of Page

rps788
Team Manager

Australia
2004 Posts
joined 17 Jul 07

Posted - 01 Nov 2012 :  16:54:32  Show Profile Send rps788 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
in the latest news Folau is leaving GWS and seems to be coming back to the NRL to play for the Eels

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/parramatta-eels-leading-the-race-for-israel-folau-after-code-hopper-quits-gws-giants-and-afl-football/story-fn2mcuj6-1226508453558
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13437 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 01 Nov 2012 :  21:48:45  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Look out NSW.

If Folau is on the money he'll be straight back into the QLD team

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22536 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 03 Nov 2012 :  11:57:25  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Stagg is back at the Broncos too.
He'll make a good replacement for Te'o.

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 03 Nov 2012 11:58:21
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13437 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 04 Nov 2012 :  18:29:30  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not sad to see Teo going.
I couldn't believe he was picked for QLD.

He went MIA late in the season when the Broncs needed him most

Go to Top of Page

rps788
Team Manager

Australia
2004 Posts
joined 17 Jul 07

Posted - 04 Nov 2012 :  19:38:03  Show Profile Send rps788 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
things looking good for the Broncos in 2013
Go to Top of Page

donk jnr
Transporter Driver

31 Posts
joined 18 Apr 12

Posted - 05 Nov 2012 :  17:26:27  Show Profile  Visit donk jnr's Homepage Send donk jnr a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by rps788

A 32yo out of form halfback playing behind a pack that was smashed at the back end of the season looks stellar for 2013....

Ad to that signing a player who was relegated to coming off the bench midyear and is at the end of his career will leave me looking elsewhere....
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13437 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 06 Nov 2012 :  06:39:50  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by donk jnr

quote:
Originally posted by rps788

A 32yo out of form halfback playing behind a pack that was smashed at the back end of the season looks stellar for 2013....

Ad to that signing a player who was relegated to coming off the bench midyear and is at the end of his career will leave me looking elsewhere....

You've got a point about Prince but it was the lack of creativity that killed the Broncos at the end of last season.
They just didn't have enough points in them.
Prince may have a point to prove after being dumped and could rectify that.
Personally i would have went hard to get Thurston. He's still got some years left in him

Stagg maybe very close to retirement but he was also one of the Dogs best forwards. Did more in the final than the likes of Kasioni

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22536 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 06 Nov 2012 :  09:22:38  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I see that Petrol has come out of his NRL retirement already.
He's pulling on the boots for the Dolphins this year (coming the full circle) as well as his NRL role..

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 06 Nov 2012 09:23:16
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 28 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.66 seconds.