No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Sports
 Football - NRL, AFL, Soccer, etc...
 NRL 2013
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 28

bruce1
Team Manager

Australia
2585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 06 Oct 2013 :  20:16:36  Show Profile Send bruce1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well that just about sums up my tipping season, i'm tipping T8 to win Bathurst.

Well done SBW and the Roosters, sanity prevailed in the end.

Now i better have a shower and wash thou's Manly thoughts off me.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22537 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 06 Oct 2013 :  20:29:36  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My missus changed the channel to some crap right on full time - is it true that Daly got the Clive Churchill medal?
Go to Top of Page

bruce1
Team Manager

Australia
2585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 06 Oct 2013 :  20:38:32  Show Profile Send bruce1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

My missus changed the channel to some crap right on full time - is it true that Daly got the Clive Churchill medal?

WOW, i hope so, i changed channels as well with 10 seconds to go.

Edit: yes your right L.G, DCE won the Clive Churchill medal.

Edited by - bruce1 on 06 Oct 2013 20:42:21
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13437 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 06 Oct 2013 :  20:41:06  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Glad I bagged Money Bill.

He must have read this forum at half time.
He was a passenger in the first half but those 2 runs changed the game

Maloney's a little grub. Pulling wolfmans hair is pretty low

Yes Gerry DCE got the Clive Churchill medal

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22537 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 06 Oct 2013 :  20:41:42  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah he did!
Two things - firstly, how many times does a player from the losing team get it and secondly, Sonny Bill mustn't have paid enough for it
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13437 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 06 Oct 2013 :  20:41:47  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Maloney's a little grub. Pulling wolfmans hair is pretty low

Yes Gerry DCE got the Clive Churchill medal

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22537 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 06 Oct 2013 :  20:43:42  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I certainly hope they bring in forward passes for the new, good sighted, two eyed video refs next year.
There's been a few games lately where the momentum has changed after one of those.

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 06 Oct 2013 20:44:36
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10689 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 06 Oct 2013 :  21:08:11  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good for the Roosters to win. I mean I wanted the Knights and Rabbitohs to make the final, but two teams I'm not overly fond of did, and the preferred one won the game, so I suppose that's alright.

Bring on 2014 though where hopefully the Dragons will become good again!

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 07 Oct 2013 :  10:16:16  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

I only watched about 10mins of the 2nd half, and in that time SBW made a large break which led to a try in the end plus plucked a high ball from the pack on his own line which could easily of been a try against them. As much as he is disliked, he still comes up with the goods when it matters, and has a successful record where ever he goes.

Go to Top of Page

GetThe
Team Manager

2571 Posts
joined 06 Dec 10

Posted - 07 Oct 2013 :  11:16:07  Show Profile Send GetThe a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by willsy

quote:

I only watched about 10mins of the 2nd half, and in that time SBW made a large break which led to a try in the end plus plucked a high ball from the pack on his own line which could easily of been a try against them. As much as he is disliked, he still comes up with the goods when it matters, and has a successful record where ever he goes.

He was the only one who genuinely thanked the young girl in the wheelchair that was giving the players their premiership rings. Won my respect for that.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13437 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 07 Oct 2013 :  14:42:47  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by willsy

quote:

In the first half he knocked on in his own quarter then fell off a Foran tackle which on the next tackle lead to a try
Knocked on again a bit later
Threw 2 passes that didn't need to be made which lead to knock ons when the Roosters were bringing the ball back from their own line

First half he was a liability to the Roosters

Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 07 Oct 2013 :  18:14:58  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Seemed to make up for it then in the second half then! The amount of people I have spoken to that said either he or one other should of been awarded the man of the match tells me he did pretty good in the overall scheme of things.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22537 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 07 Oct 2013 :  18:26:34  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Willsy, man of the match can't have a poor half and a good half - it's far too competitive for that. One half may be solid and the other brilliant but as the title demands, it's for the match not half a match.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13437 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 07 Oct 2013 :  21:15:23  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Also forgot he rushed up in defence rather than holding and Manly scored outside.

Gerrys right and it's always been one of my criticisms of Money Bill. On fire one minute extinguished the next.
For a big bloke he also misses quite a few tackles. Inglis made him look ordinary in one game when he ran over the top of him

Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7201 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 07 Oct 2013 :  21:35:13  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Also forgot he rushed up in defence rather than holding and Manly scored outside.

Gerrys right and it's always been one of my criticisms of Money Bill. On fire one minute extinguished the next.
For a big bloke he also misses quite a few tackles. Inglis made him look ordinary in one game when he ran over the top of him

Whilst he doesn't have a lot of fans.. on here anyway, you can't bag the guy. He came up with the goods at the right time and his football record tells that story. Probably the most successful guy to convert and come back... and I wouldn't mind betting he'll be gone by years end again.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 28 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.73 seconds.