No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 Nostalgia
 Next 7 Sport DVD releases
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10460 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 02 Jul 2017 :  16:32:10  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

On a recent Q&A, Noonz revealed that the Sandown edition of the Classic Australian Motorsport series will have the 1988 Enzed 500. Would SBS have the Procar ones in their vault?

Interesting, wasn't the 1988 Enzed 500 on one of the "Classic Australian Touring Racing" DVDs a few years back? It was definitely shown in one of the episodes of that great mid-2000s show "Late Night Legends" on ABC2.

The PROCAR Sandown 500s would definitely be in the AVE vault as they filmed all the PROCAR stuff at the time, PROCAR owned AVE ate the time i'm pretty sure too.

A friend of mine works at SBS, i asked him long ago what they had in their archives (specifically wondering if they still had footage of the 500cc GP races they showed from late-86 through mid-88), I was bascailly told they didn't really have or keep anything sadly...
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11333 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 02 Jul 2017 :  19:37:18  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nope, the one you're thinking of is 1986. 1991 was the only other Group A 500 in the series, and also on the same dvd.
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10460 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 02 Jul 2017 :  23:57:29  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Cool, yeah i've got the 86/91 DVD, did they have any of the other 500s on any of those DVDs?

I remember you used to be able to buy the 1hr "Melbourne" highlights of the 1984 and 1985 Sandown 500s on DVD a few years back.

Be interesting to see which version of the 1988 Sandown 500 is on this new DVD, the 55min highlights that "Late Night Legends" showed on ABC2, the 2hr version that the ABC showed that afternoon in 1988 when the race was held, or perhaps the full un-edited race that they edited from, like they have done on a few of the 7MMOM editions?
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11333 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 05 Jul 2017 :  14:32:21  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There are some DVDs already available for pre order.

*Bathurst Shootouts has 1993 through to 1996, and as a bonus has the 1997 Super Touring Shootout (1998 doesn't exist in the archive).
*Bathurst 1983 (which if you bought the Brock box set, you don't need, but if you didn't, you do).
*Sensational Sandown, which is the from the new Classic Australian Motorsport Series, has the 1983 and 1985 Sandown 400/500, 1965 ATCC race, 1988 Sports prototype round and the 1978 Formula 5000 race.

There is a Moffat box set with 1977, 1970, 71 and 72 highlights, Moffat rarities and the Racing History of the GTHO/Mustang/Hardtop releases.

For the Holden fans, a Torana box set is on sale too, with Bathurst 1978 and 1979, and the various Torana docos that have already been released in the past.

Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10460 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 05 Jul 2017 :  23:27:05  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Looks pretty good. Intriged by the 1978 F5000 race from Sandown, is it the Australian Grand Prix, the Rothmans Series event or the Gold Star round?

Hopefully the Sandown 400/500s are the full races, rather than the 1hr highlights that Melbourne got?
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11333 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 06 Jul 2017 :  01:44:40  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

Looks pretty good. Intriged by the 1978 F5000 race from Sandown, is it the Australian Grand Prix, the Rothmans Series event or the Gold Star round?

Hopefully the Sandown 400/500s are the full races, rather than the 1hr highlights that Melbourne got?

The cover on the V8 Sleuth website says the Rothmans Series round. Now I'll have to check on the F5000 DVD I have which Sandown round features on it.
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10460 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 07 Jul 2017 :  02:32:47  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A post from CMS on Facebook confirms that the Sandown one is all highlights

- 1983 Sandown 400 is the 1hr Melbourne highlights... at least this version includes the post-race interview, the live coverage the rest of Australia got broke away on the slowing down lap

- 1985 Sandown 500 is the 1hr highlights, presumebly the same highlights that Chevron have been selling on VHS and DVD for many years (along with the 1984 race)

- 1988 Sportscar race is 30mins of highlights

- 1978 F5000 race is the opening Rothmans Series round, that should be a cracker
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11333 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 18 Aug 2017 :  10:10:27  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I bought the Sandown one a few weeks ago and haven't watched it yet (I've still got Street Outlaws NOLA to finish off too). Chevron have revealed the second release of their Classic Australian Motorsport range. It'll be called V*s under lights, which will have the 1995 Peter Brock Classic and an ATCC round that has already been featured on another release.
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10460 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 18 Aug 2017 :  19:12:00  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

It'll be called V*s under lights, which will have the 1995 Peter Brock Classic and an ATCC round that has already been featured on another release.

It'll be a pretty short release if they only include the V8 races on them?

The official TV broadcasts at the time with support races were 2hrs long each, they could fit the full broadcasts onto a DVD each.

Alternatively, call the release "Touring Cars Under Lights" and include the ASTC night races from Calder in 1995 and Oran Park in 1996...
Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7381 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 18 Aug 2017 :  23:13:58  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
They've just released a lakeside one
1985, 1987 and the second one of 1991 (Lakeside had two rounds that year)

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10460 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 19 Aug 2017 :  00:23:27  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A shame the 1986 one isn't on there, its a great race, even just for Graeme Crosby's antics in the first 10 laps alone
Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7381 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 19 Aug 2017 :  00:58:41  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

A shame the 1986 one isn't on there, its a great race, even just for Graeme Crosby's antics in the first 10 laps alone

Yeah that is a great race.

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11333 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 20 Aug 2017 :  15:12:40  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by CP

It'll be called V*s under lights, which will have the 1995 Peter Brock Classic and an ATCC round that has already been featured on another release.

It'll be a pretty short release if they only include the V8 races on them?

The official TV broadcasts at the time with support races were 2hrs long each, they could fit the full broadcasts onto a DVD each.

Alternatively, call the release "Touring Cars Under Lights" and include the ASTC night races from Calder in 1995 and Oran Park in 1996...

The V8s under lights looks tempting, even though the 1996 Eastern Creek round is already on one of the V8 Classics dvds.
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10460 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 20 Aug 2017 :  21:46:08  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

The V8s under lights looks tempting, even though the 1996 Eastern Creek round is already on one of the V8 Classics dvds.

I'll still get it, I'm of the opinion if I buy them there's a better chance will keep releasing new stuff, even if both races in this release i've still got the full broadcasts on VHS!

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11333 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 02 Sep 2017 :  16:40:02  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I finally got around to watching the Sensational Sandown DVD earlier today, and its not a bad batch of races featured on it. Three 400/500 races (83, 85 and 88) and the 1988 WEC race was good viewing as well.

Was the 1984 WEC race ever shown on TV here?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.72 seconds.