No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 Nostalgia
 Next 7 Sport DVD releases
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10460 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 15 May 2016 :  23:26:52  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

I was in JB Hi FI earlier and was umming and ahhing as to whether I should get the Great Race Box set.

Are they decent DVDs?

Is that the old 7-sport/Atlab 5-dvd set of 60-66, 67-74, 75-85, 86-92 & 93-96?

They are worth it, they provide a quick glimpse of the races, for instance 75-85 only shows about 8mins per race. I got this one as a VHS when i was a kid and pretty much wore the tape out.

The 67-74 dvd is hosted by Neil and his red jacket, and is worth it for the interviews with Brock, Moffat and Gibson alone.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11333 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 26 May 2016 :  10:31:56  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The 3 of Lowndes Best DVD will also feature footage from his 93 formula Ford championship win.
Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7381 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 26 May 2016 :  11:40:08  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Bathurst 1982 due for a November release

Edit:

In August they are releasing all 9 of Brock's Bathurst wins. 1972 and 1975 are the promo ones. The rest are the full races.

Bit annoying in a sense as 78, 79, 80 and 87 have already been released. $102.50 for the lot isn't too bad I guess. Cheaper than $35 for the 3 remaining DVDs is not too bad I guess, so I'll probably get it.

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.

Edited by - Wrighty05 on 07 Jul 2016 18:30:41
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10460 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 07 Jul 2016 :  19:46:57  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty05

In August they are releasing all 9 of Brock's Bathurst wins. 1972 and 1975 are the promo ones. The rest are the full races.

Bit annoying in a sense as 78, 79, 80 and 87 have already been released. $102.50 for the lot isn't too bad I guess. Cheaper than $35 for the 3 remaining DVDs is not too bad I guess, so I'll probably get it.

Surely they would have to be releasing the other 3 seperately as well, at the worst slightly delayed?

According to the CMS Facebook page there are plans for some Thunderdome releases in the future too.
Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7381 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 07 Jul 2016 :  19:50:27  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well 1982 is due for November.

I guess 1983 and 1984 in the following years.

RIP05

_Mholden

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11333 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 09 Jul 2016 :  00:57:18  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thunderdome stuff should hopefully be on the Calder Classics release.

Given the amount of Magic Moments DVDs released over the years, there does seem to be be far more content in the Seven archives than there was for the ABC releases.
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10460 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 09 Jul 2016 :  16:45:53  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

Given the amount of Magic Moments DVDs released over the years, there does seem to be be far more content in the Seven archives than there was for the ABC releases.

There is plenty more in the ABC archives that they haven't released, you could purchase copies off them (for a hefty sum) a number of years back, not sure if they still do that though.

The stuff that is being released from the Ch7 archives has put to bed the myth for many years that Ch7 threw all the rolls of film out.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11333 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 13 Jul 2016 :  00:35:01  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Bathurst 1982 due for a November release

Edit:

There's also another Brock DVD box set called the early years. It features highlights from 1970 through to 75. And the full 78/79/80 race telecasts.

Which you can buy in the set you mentioned.

Or individually.
Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7381 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 13 Jul 2016 :  13:17:59  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Also they're doing a 90's ATCC box set.
Which is just highlights unfortunately. And they've already been released individually.

Don't even have the 1995 series in there.

RIP05

_Mholden

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11333 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 13 Jul 2016 :  16:47:10  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Which is just highlights unfortunately. And they've already been released individually.

According to Noonz, there weren't any highlights done of the 1995 season.

Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7381 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 13 Jul 2016 :  18:18:08  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:

According to Noonz, there weren't any highlights done of the 1995 season.

Yeah it's just a compilation of the ones they've done already.

Shame that they don't do the full races on a dvd of each series.

RIP05

_Mholden

Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8242 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 13 Jul 2016 :  18:22:47  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Does anyone know what box sets are available to date, or upcoming?
I think i will hold off buying any more individual ones because the box sets are much better value.

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11333 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 15 Jul 2016 :  19:19:58  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by murph_fan51

Does anyone know what box sets are available to date, or upcoming?
I think i will hold off buying any more individual ones because the box sets are much better value.

For the Seven releases, the box sets are:

Series 1 - Bathurst 1977, Brock and XU1 (72 Bathurst 500 highlights), Rare Mountain Memories ('69 and '74 highlights), Hardies Heroes ('78 to '84 Group C), Group A Classics and V8 Classics.

Series 2 - Great Grand Finals (Oran Park '87, '90 and '95), Three of Brocks Best, Three of Dicks best, Group A Classics Volume 2, V8 Classics Volume 2, Super Shootouts (Group A).

EDIT: There will be some Thunderdome footage featured on the Calder Classics. It will be first ever NASCAR race on the Thunderdome.

Further Edit: In the current AMC issue, Noonz outlines what races will feature on which releases in this year's Seven Sport batch.

Bathurst 1981
Bathurst 1982
Three of Lowndes Best - Lakeside, Barbagallo and Symmons Plains 1996
Calder Classics - NASCAR Goodyear 500, 1986, 1987 and 1996
Group A Classics - Winton (not 1985 or 1989), Mallala, Amaroo (not 1987 or 1992) and Wellington 500 (not sure of year, doesn't mention it).

Edited by - CP on 22 Jul 2016 19:37:38
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8242 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 22 Jul 2016 :  22:20:42  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Cheers. I have several DVDs of each series. Still might be cheaper to buy the series though!

Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10460 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 24 Jul 2016 :  23:12:02  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

) and Wellington 500 (not sure of year, doesn't mention it).

Channel 7 only showed three of the Wellington 500s, so i'd guess it will either be the 1986 race, the 1987 January race or the 1987 WTCC race at October

Kinda weird (not that i'm complaining) that those Wellington races are being released as "7 Sport" releases, as the live TV coverage of these events was done by TVNZ, while all Ch7 did to cover the events was to have Mike Raymond & Neil Crompton voiceover the live pics in a 1hr highlight format, which is what i assume these releases will be (in fairness i guess, Raymond & Crompton did join the TVNZ commentary for both the 1987 races, while Richard Hay was a part of the 1987 WTCC commentary for TVNZ)

Maybe we can now also expect in future Ch7's coverage of the 1987 and 1989 Coca Cola World 600s (I hope so, especially the 1989 race where Gricey & Terry Byers made the field)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.7 seconds.