No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Sports
 Football - NRL, AFL, Soccer, etc...
 Cronk charged, may miss Origin 1
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Coyote302
V8 Champion

Australia
1022 Posts
joined 16 Dec 09

Posted - 26 May 2013 :  08:18:49  Show Profile Send Coyote302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Every year, just before Origin, at least one QLD player gets charged, and it has happened again. Will be interesting to see if Greg Inglis gets charged with something on Monday night.

source http://www.nrl.com/cronks-origin-hopes-in-doubt-after-win/tabid/10874/newsid/72511/default.aspx

Member 6,356,453 Church of Ambroseology

If you can't beat them, sook until you get the rules changed.

_Mford

bruce1
Team Manager

Australia
2585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 26 May 2013 :  10:49:32  Show Profile Send bruce1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There was nothing in it.

Alf's back in training just in case.
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 26 May 2013 :  11:43:25  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I heard Chrissy Sandow was available if needed

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

bruce1
Team Manager

Australia
2585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 26 May 2013 :  14:27:18  Show Profile Send bruce1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

I heard Chrissy Sandow was available if needed

He'd go ok.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7399 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 26 May 2013 :  15:05:39  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Should get charged. He does lift the legs and the player does fall awkwardly. Not a massive incident, but one that needs to be given a week or 2. Won't make much of an impact anyway, I can see DCE slotting straight in.

Boyd also looking like he might miss Game I after leaving the field against the Warriors. I don't think it really matters who plays outside Inglis, they'll still be strong. As long as they're strong under the high ball.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Edited by - skaifeman on 26 May 2013 17:15:45
Go to Top of Page

bruce1
Team Manager

Australia
2585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 26 May 2013 :  18:08:41  Show Profile Send bruce1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

Should get charged. He does lift the legs and the player does fall awkwardly. Not a massive incident, but one that needs to be given a week or 2. Won't make much of an impact anyway, I can see DCE slotting straight in.

Boyd also looking like he might miss Game I after leaving the field against the Warriors. I don't think it really matters who plays outside Inglis, they'll still be strong. As long as they're strong under the high ball.

Shillo's in trouble too.

Wont matter to much, we have plenty of backs and prop's.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13466 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 26 May 2013 :  23:40:55  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Shillo's was nothing.
Cronk has a case to answer but has a clean record and no carry over points.

Doesn't matter a ****. DCE would give the cockroaches just as much if not more grief.

The blues will still be tough.
Can't believe they have left Pearce in there.
Should have kept Carney and put Maloney at halfback

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7399 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 27 May 2013 :  00:39:23  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Shillo's was nothing.
Cronk has a case to answer but has a clean record and no carry over points.

Doesn't matter a ****. DCE would give the cockroaches just as much if not more grief.

The blues will still be tough.
Can't believe they have left Pearce in there.
Should have kept Carney and put Maloney at halfback

The clean sheet will probably save Cronk's bacon. Everyone else should be fine.

I'm happy with Pearce there. He defends well and directs the side. Only worry is Hayne at fullback. One on one in defence he is a walkover. Hopefully Dugan proves himself and takes that spot with Hayne back on the wing.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 27 May 2013 :  16:29:25  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Cronk and Shillington have been cleared.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/cooper-cronk-david-shillington-not-charged-by-nrl-match-review-committee/story-e6frepbx-1226651367113

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

bruce1
Team Manager

Australia
2585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 27 May 2013 :  16:44:18  Show Profile Send bruce1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

Cronk and Shillington have been cleared.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/cooper-cronk-david-shillington-not-charged-by-nrl-match-review-committee/story-e6frepbx-1226651367113

Alf's pissed he was looking for a start.

Great news.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.64 seconds.