No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Sports
 Football - NRL, AFL, Soccer, etc...
 Rugby League World Cup 2013
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SZaucy
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
326 Posts
joined 26 Jan 06

Posted - 23 Oct 2013 :  15:45:35  Show Profile Send SZaucy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Starts this Sunday with Australia taking on England at 12:30am (Sydney time). All games will be live on 7mate with Australian games replayed in the afternoon.

So who do you think will win? I think New Zealand are good chance here, they are the current World Champions and I think their side is better than the 2008 team.

The Australian spine is getting a bit old and I think will be tired after a big year.

_Mholden

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7144 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 23 Oct 2013 :  18:12:59  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Has to be the Aussies. Anything else would be a failure.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13431 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 23 Oct 2013 :  22:19:46  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SZaucy

Starts this Sunday with Australia taking on England at 12:30am (Sydney time). All games will be live on 7mate with Australian games replayed in the afternoon.

So who do you think will win? I think New Zealand are good chance here, they are the current World Champions and I think their side is better than the 2008 team.

The Australian spine is getting a bit old and I think will be tired after a big year.

So Benji Marshall is still playing or what.

If he's playing and carries the same attitude that he had for the Tiges the Kiwis won't even make the final

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

SZaucy
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
326 Posts
joined 26 Jan 06

Posted - 24 Oct 2013 :  07:40:43  Show Profile Send SZaucy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

quote:
Originally posted by SZaucy

So Benji Marshall is still playing or what.

If he's playing and carries the same attitude that he had for the Tiges the Kiwis won't even make the final

No he isn't playing, the halves will be:
7. Johnson
6. Foran

_Mholden
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22516 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 24 Oct 2013 :  09:31:52  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Aus/England match first up should be a good one - particularly with the much improved match fitness and guile of the Poms who have been playing here.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22516 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 28 Oct 2013 :  10:19:38  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ah, Sonny Bill really should be Sonny Dill
Go to Top of Page

SZaucy
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
326 Posts
joined 26 Jan 06

Posted - 28 Oct 2013 :  18:01:55  Show Profile Send SZaucy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Haha Sonny! But the actual game (in particular the second half) was a cracking game! Samoa were very good and went punch for punch with the Kiwis.

_Mholden
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7144 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 24 Nov 2013 :  17:52:35  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How about the England/NZ game! Great for the World Cup brand.

Aussie's have walked through, and I have a feeling that they might be a bit surprised by NZ.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

SZaucy
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
326 Posts
joined 26 Jan 06

Posted - 27 Nov 2013 :  15:48:41  Show Profile Send SZaucy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I agree Australia have had it easy however NZ had it easy up to that match and managed to get the win so I think the Aussies will be fine.

Should be a great game NZ are a better chance here then they were in 08.

_Mholden
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7144 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 01 Dec 2013 :  14:13:24  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Hayne/Morris combo would have to be used come Origin next year!

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22516 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 01 Dec 2013 :  14:17:22  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Great to see the Aussies flog SBW's mob!
Go to Top of Page

OCC
Pit Crew

USA
127 Posts
joined 22 Aug 11

Posted - 01 Dec 2013 :  20:17:03  Show Profile Send OCC a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well done Convicts on your win

Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10673 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 01 Dec 2013 :  22:03:02  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Go Australia! Great job.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13431 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 03 Dec 2013 :  08:01:24  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ok i'll bite OCC.

A yank calling us convicts is the pot calling the kettle black.
Americans should be the last people to call us convicts with rates of incarceration.

The difference in the last world cup was a bit of individual brilliance by Benji Marshall.

Even Benji in his best form wouldn't have saved the kiwis.
Apart from a gift 2 points they didn't even look like scoring

Poms would have put up more of a fight

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

bruce1
Team Manager

Australia
2585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 04 Dec 2013 :  20:05:26  Show Profile Send bruce1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I see the septic tank is full.

Well done Australia,so much class.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.88 seconds.