No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 General
 Dubai 24
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mr.McPhillamy
Team Manager

Australia
6472 Posts
joined 03 Jan 09

Posted - 08 Jan 2014 :  21:32:21  Show Profile Send Mr.McPhillamy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Starts right now!

Open 5 hour test - http://www.radiolemans.com/
http://www.24hdubai.com/ENTRY-LIST

Tomorrow (Thursday) official Practice & Qualy
Friday - Warm up & Race start 14:00 Dubai time.

--

I'm very keen for some racing already! Will be up watching most of it I think - keep an eye on the website - should be a live vid stream with radio le mans commentary.

--

As you guys know - James Moffat is running! In SP2 for the Nissan GT Academy RJN 370Z.
He's in the stronger combo with Chandhok/Graves & Ashley Oldfield (South African GT Acadamy winner), Salman Al Khaler (Middle East winner)

The other car Has Ordonez and 4 other GT Academy winners.

Edited by - Mr.McPhillamy on 08 Jan 2014 22:53:06

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10702 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 08 Jan 2014 :  21:52:43  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hope Moff can get a good result!

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11298 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 11 Jan 2014 :  18:49:02  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How awesome is it see a quite old (in car years) GT1 spec Corvette fighting for the podium with current spec GT3 and Porsche Carrera Cup cars?
Go to Top of Page

Mr.McPhillamy
Team Manager

Australia
6472 Posts
joined 03 Jan 09

Posted - 12 Jan 2014 :  01:25:09  Show Profile Send Mr.McPhillamy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The 7 year old beast gets Pole & Fastest Lap!!

As RLM said - if that car had 4 Nicky Pastorelli's it probably would've won!

--

As for Moff - his 370z had problems early - but clawed back to get onto the podium in class - out of 7 or 8 I think. The Ordonez car with all the academy guys got the win! There was some good vision of Moff and Ordonez walking back after the race - he was in his Norton gear. Also - he had the last stint, and he and Ordonez crossed the line in formation! Was very cool.
I liked Moff already, but it's always brilliant to see our guys sampling the wide world of motorsports outside of the B12, and I will always support an Australian driver (who actually competed here) no matter how much I love or hate them when they're racing here!! Kudos to him, SVG & Bright - also Lowndes & Luff for their short foray into VLN.

Edited by - Mr.McPhillamy on 12 Jan 2014 01:27:48
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11298 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 12 Jan 2014 :  12:49:25  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What is the history of the Corvette, as it would have a quite interesting one?
Go to Top of Page

Mr.McPhillamy
Team Manager

Australia
6472 Posts
joined 03 Jan 09

Posted - 12 Jan 2014 :  13:11:36  Show Profile Send Mr.McPhillamy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I forgot what chassis number they mentioned - but I think it was an '05 factory C6R GT1.

It is the GT1 roller & engine, GT2 diffuser & rear wing, air restrictor, steel brakes instead of carbon, and +130kg.
It ran in the Dutch Supercar Challenge for a couple of years - the last 2 years it's been in GT Open as a GT2 car - they added GT3 to the top class of that series last season, so I guess they figured they were close enough on BOP.

Edited by - Mr.McPhillamy on 12 Jan 2014 13:13:16
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10702 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 12 Jan 2014 :  21:50:03  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good job by Moff and the rest of the Nissan guys. A shame they couldn't get the class win, but a podium is nice. I love that our V8 Supercar drivers are becoming more diverse in what they race now.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.61 seconds.