No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 General
 Dakar farce! Winner a joke!!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
16144 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 20 Jan 2014 :  12:23:21  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Watching Stephane Peterhansell sitting on the side of the road for 6 minutes while waiting for nani Roma to go past was a ****ing farce!1

I hope Stephane has the balls to tell BMW/Mini to bash it up their arse and go and drive a Toyota to victory next year!!

My favorite racing event of the year just got two bullet holes in it!!

Team orders to allow a guy who didn't deserve to win come through while the best driver sits on the side of the road is ****ed!Stephane drove from 44 minutes down to the lead and should have been crowned as the 12 time Dakar winner!!

The organisers should ban that practise so it cannot happen so blatantly again!

Marc Coma was brilliant on the bike this year, a truly deserving champion, unlike Nani Roma in the cars who was a joke!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22557 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 20 Jan 2014 :  12:44:47  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I heard about the team finish but couldn't believe what I was hearing
Pretty poor form.
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
16144 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 20 Jan 2014 :  13:17:56  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
They announced it, sorry, Peterhansell announced 3 days from the end LG, then the team tried to dismiss it as rubbish, then both Peterhansell and Allatyah where told to pull over and 'form' finish to the end, they sat motionless for 6 minutes, handing Roma the win!!

I am absolutely disgusted that the real winner of this years race was not allowed to claim his title.

Good thing I am buying a Merc and not another BMW/Mini, I would be pissed if I had!!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11298 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 20 Jan 2014 :  13:29:30  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Had there not being team orders, the battle between Roma and Peterhansell would've gone down to the wire.
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10445 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 20 Jan 2014 :  15:46:11  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't get the issue?

Roma was infront when the team issued the orders. Peterhansel then only got the lead back on the next stage because Roma had an issue (puncture?), and then followed the orders and gave Roma the lead back.

Team orders have always happened on the Dakar Rally. This years surely wasn't as controversial as 1989, when Ickx & Vatanan were running 1st and 2nd a few days from the finish. Team manager Jean Todt issued team orders, with the winner decided by the toss of a coin. Vatanan won the toss, so was allowed to win, with Ickx dropping into 2nd.

Edited by - Fast by Ferracci on 20 Jan 2014 15:47:05
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17302 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 20 Jan 2014 :  16:07:02  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
i think it's fair to say we all hate team orders regardless of the category that is being raced...

it's prob more tolerable in a multi-race series over the year but in a huge event like Dakar it must leave a sour taste in the mouth..

Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
16144 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 20 Jan 2014 :  16:19:05  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

I don't get the issue?

Roma was infront when the team issued the orders. Peterhansel then only got the lead back on the next stage because Roma had an issue (puncture?), and then followed the orders and gave Roma the lead back.

Team orders have always happened on the Dakar Rally. This years surely wasn't as controversial as 1989, when Ickx & Vatanan were running 1st and 2nd a few days from the finish. Team manager Jean Todt issued team orders, with the winner decided by the toss of a coin. Vatanan won the toss, so was allowed to win, with Ickx dropping into 2nd.

Peterhansell had recovered 44 minutes actually racing Roma and earnt his way to the front, Roma said there where no team orders and that he was racing as hard as he could, so Peterhansell caught and passed him and then parked up, its bull**** and not acceptable as far as I am concerned!

The organisers should disqualify the whole Mini effort for bringing the race into disrepute and hand the trophy to deVilliers!!

Edited by - bigem on 20 Jan 2014 16:22:59
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10702 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 20 Jan 2014 :  21:43:36  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I agree mate, this whole sort of thing shouldn't be allowed at Dakar. I feel that the team should be disqualified for their efforts.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.58 seconds.