No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 Historics
 2014 Phillip Island Classic- March 7-9
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Sonic

Australia
17299 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 04 Mar 2014 :  08:37:47  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
we have multiple meets every year at the various tracks... I don't know what the interstate scene is like but we have at least 4 big historic meets at the 3 main tracks... sadly Calder misses out on pretty much everything

Go to Top of Page

miss britek
No. 1 Jason Bright Fan

Australia
867 Posts
joined 16 Jun 02

Posted - 04 Mar 2014 :  13:43:13  Show Profile  Send miss britek an ICQ Message  Click to see miss britek's MSN Messenger address Send miss britek a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Finally getting the chance to get to the Island to see this great event can't wait, especially looking forward to seeing Melinda Price race in the 5 litre touring car category.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17299 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 04 Mar 2014 :  14:06:17  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
saw her last year at Sandown but didn't get a chance to say hi... the 5 litre guys are getting a good following for a young group and should grow quite a bit I reckon

Go to Top of Page

miss britek
No. 1 Jason Bright Fan

Australia
867 Posts
joined 16 Jun 02

Posted - 04 Mar 2014 :  15:22:04  Show Profile  Send miss britek an ICQ Message  Click to see miss britek's MSN Messenger address Send miss britek a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

From what i saw at Historic Sandown last November, i think your right, looking forward to the weekend,i heard it's when of the best historic events on the calendar.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17299 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 04 Mar 2014 :  16:36:08  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Absolutely right MB.. will PM my number if you want to catch up and say howdy? I'm usually running around the track all day shooting but end of the day I'm with the historic boys (group n)

Go to Top of Page

amonfan
V8 Champion

Australia
813 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 04 Mar 2014 :  18:48:46  Show Profile  Visit amonfan's Homepage  Send amonfan an ICQ Message  Click to see amonfan's MSN Messenger address  Send amonfan a Yahoo! Message Send amonfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'll be there from Friday onwards ;) Think i might have a walk around Friday and then start work if you call it that :p

Go to Top of Page

PVDA
Team Manager

2561 Posts
joined 02 Nov 02

Posted - 04 Mar 2014 :  19:25:18  Show Profile Send PVDA a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The F1GP has been the weekend after the long weekend for a few years now so the idea of Monday has some merit excpet it's not a day off Nationally so many interstaters would need to take more time off work to attend.

Winton has two historic events each year with the traditional Austin 7 Club 2+4 on the last weekend in May on the short track and the Winton run "Long Track" Festival of Speed event a few months later.

Both cater to slightly different categories with the long track seeming to be more sedan based than the A7CC which also has several motorcycle classes thrown in as a bonus.

I work at and enjoy both of them up there, the A7CC event is second only to the V8's on crowd numbers I believe.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17299 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 04 Mar 2014 :  20:43:07  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
add to that Historic Sandown...

love the two Winton meets!

Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1648 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 05 Mar 2014 :  00:09:04  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by PVDA

The F1GP has been the weekend after the long weekend for a few years now so the idea of Monday has some merit excpet it's not a day off Nationally so many interstaters would need to take more time off work to attend.

Don't some of the interstaters go the GP?

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17299 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 05 Mar 2014 :  07:56:48  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
i'd imagine they do but more likely the car stays down here and they work for the week and come back down the next weekend.

Go to Top of Page

Mr.McPhillamy
Team Manager

Australia
6472 Posts
joined 03 Jan 09

Posted - 05 Mar 2014 :  20:20:32  Show Profile Send Mr.McPhillamy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I know a few guys heading over - was hoping to get down there myself, missed the boat though!

Watch out for the SA crew!!
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17299 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 05 Mar 2014 :  20:26:10  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
which cars/categories MrMc?

Go to Top of Page

Mr.McPhillamy
Team Manager

Australia
6472 Posts
joined 03 Jan 09

Posted - 06 Mar 2014 :  20:56:43  Show Profile Send Mr.McPhillamy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
We're actually REALLY well represented - just checked the full entry list, my god - what a show - why aren't I going!!!???!

Anyway - I'm good friends with Frosty in his Silver Nc Torana (quick rig!), and the guys going over with him - looks like some of the other Nb regulars are there too like the RX2, Rory O'Neill you'll know from TCM, Bryant and his Rallye Sprint & T140. A few good R's & Sports too - Ralt, ASP, Chevron's.
Most of them I've met through the old man but don't know that well. Only their cars!

I'll be watching natsoft like a hawk!

Edited by - Mr.McPhillamy on 06 Mar 2014 20:59:42
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17299 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 06 Mar 2014 :  22:35:41  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
i'll have plenty of pics to satisfy your needs MrMc

Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1648 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 07 Mar 2014 :  22:28:08  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Does anybody know if there's any vacancies at any motels in the area? Please. Help. Even if it's at Wonthaggi!

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.09 seconds.