No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 IndyCar
 Jacques Villeneuve returning to open-wheel racing
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10443 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 25 Feb 2014 :  15:48:46  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They are all coming out of the woodwork this year, first Montoya for the full season and now Villeneuve for the 98th Indianapolis 500 mile race.

Robin Miller is reporting that Jacques will be confirmed in one of Sam Schmidt's entries later this week for the Indy 500

http://racer.com/index.php/52-indycar/101413-indycar-jacques-villeneuve-to-return-to-indy-500-with-schmidt-peterson-motorsports

Montoya and Villeneuve returning will help fill the void of former winner Dario Franchitti missing from this years event

Mr.McPhillamy
Team Manager

Australia
6472 Posts
joined 03 Jan 09

Posted - 25 Feb 2014 :  20:10:47  Show Profile Send Mr.McPhillamy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He deserves all of the praise and all of the criticism at the same time.

Incredible talent, but ruined his own career with lack of interest, so it seemed - I guess when BAR didn't work for him.

I do like him though, because '97 was a big year for me as a young fan! I had loads of VHS' from that season. But again, if he stuck to something in his post-F1 career he'd be one of the best, yet he continues to flog around in one-off's and continues to pile-drive his already comedic like reputation.
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10443 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 25 Feb 2014 :  22:03:59  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.McPhillamy

He deserves all of the praise and all of the criticism at the same time.

Incredible talent, but ruined his own career with lack of interest, so it seemed - I guess when BAR didn't work for him.

I do like him though, because '97 was a big year for me as a young fan! I had loads of VHS' from that season. But again, if he stuck to something in his post-F1 career he'd be one of the best, yet he continues to flog around in one-off's and continues to pile-drive his already comedic like reputation.

Yeah, pretty much on the mark i think.

Given the 'Month of May' is not a month anymore, one week of running basically nowadays, there will be barely enough time to get up to speed after so long out of proper racing cars ('07 Le Mans IIRC)

Then again, Mario hadn't been in a car for a similiar length of time and turned up in practice at Indy in 2003 and was going so fast that the Andretti team were seriously considering letting Mario make a qualifying attempt
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11297 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 26 Feb 2014 :  10:09:08  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
All we need now is for PT to make a return, although the likelihood of that is naught.
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10443 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 26 Feb 2014 :  15:59:36  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

All we need now is for PT to make a return, although the likelihood of that is naught.

Yeah, a shame. He was all set for a retirement tour in Michael Shank's car for 2012 until the deal came to nothing

It was a pity that Tracy got lost in the unification
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11297 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 30 Apr 2014 :  14:47:38  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
JV is back in the swing of things with a 217mph lap.

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/103144-indycar-villeneuve-says-he-s-back-up-to-speed-at-indy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds.