V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 CAMS National Racing Series
 General CAMS Series
 Tasmanians ripped off?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Champcarman
V8 Champion

Australia
1400 Posts
joined 29 Jan 03

Posted - 27 Mar 2014 :  20:40:59  Show Profile  Visit Champcarman's Homepage Send Champcarman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is it just me or do the support classes at Symmons this weekend seem rather "classless"?

I realise they are all there to see the V8s however last year we had F3 and F Ford, arguably the two most important non V8 Supercars categories in Australia plus Australian Superbikes.

This year we have some Tassie Gt/sports car thing, HQs and Aussie Racing Cars!

The Aussies may be fun but, like the Utes, probably belong on the Shannons Series.

I think Tassie race fans are being hard done by.

A much better weekends racing will be at Sandown this weekend.

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 27 Mar 2014 20:50:27

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10409 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 27 Mar 2014 :  23:10:46  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's always been like that though hasn't it, same goes for Wanneroo?

Back in the day you would get the main ATCC race, with just the local Tassie state categories supporting the event(complete with live coverage).

Its surely good for those locals to race infront of a big crowd there for the V8s.
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10657 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 27 Mar 2014 :  23:21:24  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

It's always been like that though hasn't it, same goes for Wanneroo?

Back in the day you would get the main ATCC race, with just the local Tassie state categories supporting the event(complete with live coverage).

Its surely good for those locals to race infront of a big crowd there for the V8s.

It'd be beneficial for them for sure, but suck that they don't get shown on TV. My bet is that we'll see Aussie Racing Cars and V8s, that's it. Seems televised supports for V8 Supercars consist only of Dunlop Series, V8 Utes, TCM, Carrera Cup and Aussie Racing Cars, plus the Superbikes when they have them on board. Oh and last year in New Zealand the NZV8 series and the NZ Utes, so hopefully this year the SuperTourers too, as they'll be there. I just wish supports got more TV time on the V8s. Guess they will next year.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1629 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 12 Apr 2014 :  00:24:40  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Having just noticed this thread, is champcarman from Tasmania?

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!
Go to Top of Page

FOX 42
Team Manager

Australia
2736 Posts
joined 01 Jan 04

Posted - 12 Apr 2014 :  17:10:31  Show Profile Send FOX 42 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I would rather see those classes than Formula Ford and F3 any day.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.64 seconds.