No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 Historics
 Historics Sunday 13th April Myrniong VIC
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SuperMono
Formula Ford Driver

459 Posts
joined 02 Oct 08

Posted - 11 Apr 2014 :  14:27:42  Show Profile Send SuperMono a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another community fund raising event, this time just outside Melbourne on the Western Highway.

$10 for spectators.
http://www.austin7club.org/Myrniong.htm

Fingers crossed the rain stays away :)

Sonic

Australia
17281 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 11 Apr 2014 :  15:08:15  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
hope so SM... not looking like it will be for me down at the Island...

Go to Top of Page

PVDA
Team Manager

2559 Posts
joined 02 Nov 02

Posted - 11 Apr 2014 :  23:53:49  Show Profile Send PVDA a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I would normally be there but am at Maldon for the FIM World Trials Championship round being held this weekend which is a completely different type of "Hillclimb" and I actually have some sun burn from watching todays practice sessions.

Good luck Super as I assume you'll be playing at Myrniong.

Edited by - PVDA on 11 Apr 2014 23:54:49
Go to Top of Page

bludvl
Fujitsu Driver

623 Posts
joined 27 Mar 08

Posted - 12 Apr 2014 :  08:16:55  Show Profile Send bludvl a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sonic, you're at the Island for a race meeting, its almost guaranteed to rain.

I'll be there, hopefully doing not much for the day. I'm half the fire/rescue/recovery team.

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'
-George Santayana
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17281 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 12 Apr 2014 :  12:29:14  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
On the money Blu lol...

Light rain but not enough to worry too much... yet...

Go to Top of Page

bludvl
Fujitsu Driver

623 Posts
joined 27 Mar 08

Posted - 13 Apr 2014 :  21:38:24  Show Profile Send bludvl a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How did that turn out for you Sonic? No rain for us at all. I managed to grab a couple of pics, if there are some halfway decent ones I'll post em up.

-George Santayana
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17281 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 13 Apr 2014 :  23:22:10  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
After quali nothing but sun for all the racing... pics to come from me too :)

Go to Top of Page

SuperMono
Formula Ford Driver

459 Posts
joined 02 Oct 08

Posted - 14 Apr 2014 :  18:55:53  Show Profile Send SuperMono a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Turned out to be a nice day at Myrniong, no rain and some good patches of sunshine.

I claimed a 2nd place in the under 1600 Production Sports with John Hardy dropping the course record by another 0.2sec.
Curse that well driven Alpine :)

Favorite of the day, the 250 Maserati being driven on the day by Mick Hone. Won his class as well :)

Rob Roy in a couple of weeks time for Historics and then the week later is the MGCC Interclub.

Edited by - SuperMono on 14 Apr 2014 19:04:15
Go to Top of Page

bludvl
Fujitsu Driver

623 Posts
joined 27 Mar 08

Posted - 14 Apr 2014 :  21:25:38  Show Profile Send bludvl a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That Alpine has to be one of the most reliable racecars in Australia. Ive seen it driven to meetings, driven around, and driven home again and never once seen it stopped on track. I suppose you have to lose to someone SuperMono.

Here is a link to the best photos I took, had to bin all the morning ones after fiddling with every setting on the camera and realising the cause of the problem was a filthy lens

https://www.facebook.com/michael.neilsen.5/media_set?set=a.10203425259092940.1073741830.1256330418&type=1

-George Santayana
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22510 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 15 Apr 2014 :  09:37:49  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ahh technology eh, Bludvl!
Go to Top of Page

PVDA
Team Manager

2559 Posts
joined 02 Nov 02

Posted - 15 Apr 2014 :  14:28:07  Show Profile Send PVDA a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
For those who don't know where Myrniong is (it's a blink and you miss town off the Western Freeway between Bacchus Marsh & Ballan) or the course used here's where it is and the course if the link works.

https://goo.gl/maps/fTMbV

Not a very technical course but it's really just an event to give everyone a chance to drive their cars.
Go to Top of Page

SuperMono
Formula Ford Driver

459 Posts
joined 02 Oct 08

Posted - 16 Apr 2014 :  20:34:28  Show Profile Send SuperMono a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bludvl

That Alpine has to be one of the most reliable racecars in Australia. Ive seen it driven to meetings, driven around, and driven home again and never once seen it stopped on track.

I only recall it stopping once, at Rob Roy when John ripped the drain plug out of the gearbox in a last banzai run to lower his benchmark time (again). I was waiting on the return road and it was a pretty impressive attack. Can't really call it stopping, more a conservative retreat to a safe parking place.

Thanks for the pictures link, maybe the lens was sprayed by all that rubber coming off the GT :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds.