No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 Historics
 Winton Fest of Speed 2014 (low res pic heavy)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sonic

Australia
17281 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 14 Aug 2014 :  12:08:13  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well it was a pretty good weekend... well run with non-stop on track action... thankfully damage was minimal...

some SWEET cars up there.. some samples below of the action and the rest can be seen on my fb page (if you are on fb) or next week they will all be up at philwisewould.zenfolio.com

hope you've enjoyed

PVDA
Team Manager

2559 Posts
joined 02 Nov 02

Posted - 14 Aug 2014 :  18:54:10  Show Profile Send PVDA a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I did like this Rallycross effort you captured.

Not to mention the hard working Safety 1 crew shown here saving the need for a Safety Car period after a first lap 2nd corner spin in one of the races.

I hear the driver of Safety 1 is a good bloke

Edited by - PVDA on 14 Aug 2014 19:00:55
Go to Top of Page

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic

Australia
8852 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

Posted - 14 Aug 2014 :  19:09:57  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
who owns the #15 car? and what class does it run in?
Go to Top of Page

Darren351
Team Manager

Australia
5137 Posts
joined 12 Jul 04

Posted - 14 Aug 2014 :  19:19:25  Show Profile Send Darren351 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nice pics as usual Sonic!!
The Charger looks tough.
The Moff replica looks quite good too.
Lovin the open wheelers!!!Must've sounded awesome.
What class was the no.53 lo-boy???
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17281 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 14 Aug 2014 :  20:01:08  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
thanks guys...

the 53 was running in regularity Darren... only seen it on track twice now, assuming it's a new car they are sorting...

yeah S1 driver isn't too bad even though he doesn't know his place and has the gall to suggest I've lost my touch showed him!! one of the things I do like about the smaller meets, the safety/recovery crews often get out and keep things going :)

the 15 was running in regularity too FC

Craig's Charger is a nice car :)

don't know if the Falc is a replica or the original?

and yeah the open wheelers were... loud.. lol

not sure why a heap of the pics didn't come through :S

Go to Top of Page

Darren351
Team Manager

Australia
5137 Posts
joined 12 Jul 04

Posted - 17 Aug 2014 :  19:26:17  Show Profile Send Darren351 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Moffs Falcon would be a replica Sonic. The original has been repainted back to it's 1977 XC scheme and was in the Bathurst museum last time I was there (2006??).
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17281 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 18 Aug 2014 :  08:12:13  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
happy to take your word for it Darren whatever the case may be it looks/sounds sweet! and was pretty cool having 2 out there close at times

Go to Top of Page

Darren351
Team Manager

Australia
5137 Posts
joined 12 Jul 04

Posted - 18 Aug 2014 :  08:56:47  Show Profile Send Darren351 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There's a photo of Moff's XC was slumped near the fence in a wreckers yard before it got restored Sonic!!! I think the running gear was removed for the failed XD and the rest 'parked' at a wrecker until it was donated to the Bathurst museum.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17281 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 18 Aug 2014 :  10:05:16  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
sweet :) a piece of history then!

Go to Top of Page

PVDA
Team Manager

2559 Posts
joined 02 Nov 02

Posted - 18 Aug 2014 :  19:28:33  Show Profile Send PVDA a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Darren351

There's a photo of Moff's XC was slumped near the fence in a wreckers yard before it got restored Sonic!!! I think the running gear was removed for the failed XD and the rest 'parked' at a wrecker until it was donated to the Bathurst museum.

Auto Action ran the photo years ago when someone spotted the car in a wreckers yard and I assume that triggered the rescue of the car, wrecker must've thought his Christmases all came at once.
Go to Top of Page

Darren351
Team Manager

Australia
5137 Posts
joined 12 Jul 04

Posted - 19 Aug 2014 :  19:45:53  Show Profile Send Darren351 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
IIRC PVDA Moff had no room left at his workshop and it was moved to the wreckers as a display of sorts (wasn't for sale) until he donated it to the Bathurst Museum.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds.