No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 IndyCar
 Team Penske's other big 2015 signing
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9580 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 30 Sep 2014 :  14:33:52  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This to me is more of a surprise than last year's signing of JPM.

http://www.indycar.com/News/2014/09/9-29-Pagenaud-moves-to-Team-Penske-for-2015

A great driver who I think will provide Will with more headaches than either Helio or JPM. Should make for a very interesting season.

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11296 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 30 Sep 2014 :  16:22:58  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Pagenaud has been doing well in the Sam Schmidt car (which isn't exactly top line machinery) and it is an interesting reunion of former Team Australia team mates.
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10697 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 30 Sep 2014 :  22:56:00  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I was very surprised to read this. I don't think there were even rumours or anything about it beforehand. That's a strong driver lineup though. Juan will probably improve on his first season, which he did well in, while Will and Helio have been very strong the past few years, and Simon will be right up there too. He may even beat the other three. It'll be interesting to watch.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10443 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 30 Sep 2014 :  23:06:31  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
First time Penske has run 4 cars.... interesting given a few years back he declared he felt the best setup for his team was just the two cars.

A shame none of the four drivers are American...

quote:
Originally posted by CP

Pagenaud has been doing well in the Sam Schmidt car (which isn't exactly top line machinery) and it is an interesting reunion of former Team Australia team mates.

To be fair to Schmidt, his cars have been frontrunners and winning races since 2011, it was a Schmidt car that Dan Wheldon won Indy with in 2011.
Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9580 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 01 Oct 2014 :  10:22:43  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Agree FF about no American drivers.

It's hard to believe that there's so few stand out American open wheeler drivers.

I'd be interested to see how Graham Rahal would go in top level machinery. I've never seen anything to suggest he's as good as some commentators say but I'd love to see him prove me wrong.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11296 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 01 Oct 2014 :  11:03:18  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by HRTKLR

It's hard to believe that there's so few stand out American open wheeler drivers.

Unfortunately, the would be stand out open wheeler drivers are in NASCAR. I firmly believe that Kyle Larson would be absolutely brilliant to watch in an Indycar.
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10697 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 02 Oct 2014 :  01:21:12  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:
Originally posted by HRTKLR

Unfortunately, the would be stand out open wheeler drivers are in NASCAR. I firmly believe that Kyle Larson would be absolutely brilliant to watch in an Indycar.

Yeah for sure. I think some of the drivers in NASCAR probably are wasting their talents when they'd be better in IndyCar, much like Montoya was before this year.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10443 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 02 Oct 2014 :  19:16:22  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

Yeah for sure. I think some of the drivers in NASCAR probably are wasting their talents when they'd be better in IndyCar, much like Montoya was before this year.

The problem is that an average driver can still be paid very handsomely to race NASCAR... while very good drivers have to try and find a budget to land a drive in Indycar (outside of Penske, the Foyt #14 and the two Ganassi Target seats)
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10697 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 03 Oct 2014 :  01:13:08  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

The problem is that an average driver can still be paid very handsomely to race NASCAR... while very good drivers have to try and find a budget to land a drive in Indycar (outside of Penske, the Foyt #14 and the two Ganassi Target seats)

Yeah and it's a great shame. Guess that's just unfortunate the way it works.

_Mford

Go to Top of Page

Champcarman
V8 Champion

Australia
1402 Posts
joined 29 Jan 03

Posted - 08 Nov 2014 :  11:03:42  Show Profile  Visit Champcarman's Homepage Send Champcarman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sould have put Ambrose (another who has been wasting his talent in NASCAR) in then we would have two Aussie drivers at Penske.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.89 seconds.