No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 Historics
 Historic Sandown... 7/8/9 Nov 2014
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sonic

Australia
17299 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 04 Nov 2014 :  19:22:28  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you are anywhere near Sandown this weekend you MUST drop in for what will be the highlight event of the year! and if you are not anywhere near Sandown then book your flights and get the hell down here!

Have just had a look through the entry list and it is massive!! check it out for yourself!

https://www.meecamsau.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=25&eventId=470&Itemid=478&SortBy=Class

and it will be non-stop on track (providing everyone stays on the black stuff)...

$35 for Sat, $45 for Sun, $70 for both

be there or regret it when you see my pics!!

========================

just a bump folks to remind it is on starting today for practice and the weather today is abfab!!

hope to see some of you down there and your pics too

Edited by - Sonic on 07 Nov 2014 06:26:59

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22544 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 07 Nov 2014 :  07:13:25  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Take it easy with the leg Sonic!
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17299 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 07 Nov 2014 :  08:04:55  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I will be... thankfully that's easy to do with Sandown... pick a corner and take your shots for the morning... repeat in the arvo .... plenty of sit down/rest the leg time on these weekends even though they are flat out.

Go to Top of Page

farr02
V8 Champion

Australia
1093 Posts
joined 23 Jun 03

Posted - 07 Nov 2014 :  14:48:24  Show Profile Send farr02 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Never been to a Historic meet before, so looking forward to this one will be there both Saturday and Sunday. Cant wait!
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17299 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 07 Nov 2014 :  16:15:58  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
you've picked a ripper one to start with Farr!!

weather for Sat could be a bit weird... my phone is showing 31 and rain :S

===========================

55 Group N, 22 F5000's, 14 Group A, 13 Group C, 49 Group S

Just for a teaser I had a quick count of a few of the groups that will be racing this weekend at Sandown... I feel sorry for everyone who doesn't bother coming along...

well I would... if I wasn't going to be out there enjoying myself so much!!

and weather update has the rain coming after 5

Edited by - Sonic on 07 Nov 2014 19:09:33
Go to Top of Page

farr02
V8 Champion

Australia
1093 Posts
joined 23 Jun 03

Posted - 07 Nov 2014 :  19:28:01  Show Profile Send farr02 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The F5000 are a great class, saw them a few years ago at the F1, amazing machines for their age and the Group A and C should be fantastic as well.

What is the crowd like for these sorts of events.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17299 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 07 Nov 2014 :  19:31:08  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
not massive but big enough to give a good atmosphere... hopefully they open Dandy Rd for the Sunday for the punters...

I'll be down there prob for the Sunday arvo races...

the best part about these weekends is that if you take a fancy to pretty much ANY car you see as you are walking past the drivers will have a chat with you and show you over their beasts... it really is a "racing fan" type weekend, we enjoy it every bit as much as the drivers do... for sure some are out for the gold but a lot are also just out to really enjoy the machinery :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.36 seconds.