No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 Formula One
 Bianchi out of coma, returned to France
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 20 Nov 2014 :  04:45:30  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seems like some progress, but while the medically induced coma has been lifted, he's still unconscious. Still in intensive care in France.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2014/11/16645.html

Sonic

Australia
17342 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 20 Nov 2014 :  06:00:18  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
All does sound rather Schu like doesn't it :(

Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10713 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 20 Nov 2014 :  23:48:47  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sadly, yes, it does Sonic. I still remember that race, watching it delayed as I'd been at work. Watching it on my recorder, hours later, I was scared to go online, because I was almost 100% sure I'd read that Bianchi had passed. I was so incredibly relieved when I read that he wasn't, but sadly much like Schumacher, I don't think he's got much of a life ahead. That said, I hope he, and Schumacher both make miraculous recoveries and shock us all.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Ruddeger
Team Manager

2316 Posts
joined 21 Jan 07

Posted - 18 Jul 2015 :  11:13:24  Show Profile Send Ruddeger a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Jules Bianchi passed away overnight

https://www.facebook.com/JBianchi.OfficialFanPage/posts/1106786372683524

FOOOOOOOOORD !!!
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22605 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 18 Jul 2015 :  11:43:20  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
As harsh as it may sound, it was probably the best thing.

RIP Jules.
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 18 Jul 2015 :  11:57:12  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sad news. Sad that it took his fatal crash to get the virtual safety car introduced, when the technology was already in existence..
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1681 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 18 Jul 2015 :  12:20:48  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hard to take.

RIP

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17342 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 18 Jul 2015 :  18:38:03  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
agree with LG on this one...

sucks for his family to have him hold on for so long and then go but what life would it have been for someone like Jules if he had to 'live' as a vegetable after his incident?

RIP Jules.

Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10713 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 18 Jul 2015 :  23:33:00  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
While we all knew this day was coming, it was still hard to read this morning.

I remember watching the Japanese Grand Prix last year, delayed by several hours as I'd been at work, and when it happened, I was terrified to get on the internet afterwards, because I thought I'd read the news that he'd died then. How he survived, albeit in a coma, is somewhat incredible, given the impact.

Jules was a great driver who sadly never got to reach his full potential, by getting a top drive. Had the incident not happened, it could've been his name linked to Ferrari next year, not Bottas.

Jules is the first F1 driver to die from injuries sustained during a Grand Prix since Ayrton Senna on that awful weekend in 1994, the San Marino Grand Prix, a year before I was born.

Rest in peace Jules Bianchi.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

PVDA
Team Manager

2563 Posts
joined 02 Nov 02

Posted - 20 Jul 2015 :  13:31:00  Show Profile Send PVDA a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm constantly amazed at the human bodies ability to recover in some form from severe brain injuries, I've been involved in two this year in 2 wheeled racing.

The comments attributed to his father during last week had me thinking that the machine was going to be turned off soon.
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10713 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 20 Jul 2015 :  22:51:21  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by PVDA

I'm constantly amazed at the human bodies ability to recover in some form from severe brain injuries, I've been involved in two this year in 2 wheeled racing.

The comments attributed to his father during last week had me thinking that the machine was going to be turned off soon.

Yeah it was certainly sounding like that from his dad's comments last week. Still, it was a pretty big shock to read on Saturday morning.

_Mford

Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6460 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 18 Jul 2016 :  15:44:01  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's been a year already since he officially lost his battle.

Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10713 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 19 Jul 2016 :  00:35:31  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Bianchi's was the first race I've ever watched live when a driver has had a fatal crash. It was horrible. Some people blame Bianchi for not slowing down, and to an extent that's true. But there should never have been a recovery vehicle out there in those conditions while the race wasn't under control of a safety car or red flagged. I remember the look on Sutil's face. He must have had such a horrible view of the crash and I'm sure it bothers him a lot from time to time. How couldn't it? The amateur vision I saw was bad enough.

Motorsport can be so cruel sometimes.

_Mford

Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6460 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 19 Jul 2016 :  00:40:52  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

Bianchi's was the first race I've ever watched live when a driver has had a fatal crash. It was horrible. Some people blame Bianchi for not slowing down, and to an extent that's true. But there should never have been a recovery vehicle out there in those conditions while the race wasn't under control of a safety car or red flagged. I remember the look on Sutil's face. He must have had such a horrible view of the crash and I'm sure it bothers him a lot from time to time. How couldn't it? The amateur vision I saw was bad enough.

Motorsport can be so cruel sometimes.

The investigation came back saying he did slow down (albeit not enough) but that there was no single cause for the incident. Speed, weather, crane on the circuit, brake fail-safe malfunctioning...

Overall it was a very sad day.

Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10713 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 19 Jul 2016 :  00:43:16  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
For sure mate. I'm still amazed but that he wasn't killed on the day. It just goes to show what the human body can withstand. Poor guy but. He certainly had talent.

_Mford

Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 19 Jul 2016 :  09:24:51  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Looks can be deceiving. I remember when Ayrton Senna crashed, I thought it was a pretty minor accident, albeit at high speed. He just slid along the wall for a bit. Even back then you'd see drivers walk away from much worse.

Bianchi's crash looked worse, but at the time it wouldn't have surprised me if he was OK.

Luck plays a part.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.81 seconds.