No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 General
 NHRA. John Force announces return to Chevrolet
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the undertaker
Team Manager

New Zealand
3018 Posts
joined 08 Nov 09

Posted - 16 Jan 2015 :  05:13:17  Show Profile Send the undertaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bye bye, John. It's been good supporting you, but no more.

http://www.johnforceracing.com/showannouncement-w.cfm?n=1

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9580 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 16 Jan 2015 :  19:50:23  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Agreed. Apparently it's not a particularly lucrative deal (unlike the Ford one) which makes me wonder why Ford didn't stick around but just downgrade the funds. Ford USA were apparently tipping in $8m/season!!
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10702 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 16 Jan 2015 :  22:59:32  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Whilst I don't watch a lot of drag racing, this is sad. Such a massive boost for Ford to have him all these years, and now they've lost him because they just don't want to support him anymore. Loyalty seems to mean nothing to Ford. What next, going to drop Ken Block, because he's actually brought people to Ford?

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9580 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 16 Jan 2015 :  23:43:20  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

Whilst I don't watch a lot of drag racing, this is sad. Such a massive boost for Ford to have him all these years, and now they've lost him because they just don't want to support him anymore. Loyalty seems to mean nothing to Ford. What next, going to drop Ken Block, because he's actually brought people to Ford?

Well hang on a sec, you can't accuse Ford of not being loyal. They were with him 16 or 17 years! That's pretty incredible. But yes, this is a big one to lose.

Having said they attendance and viewership is down massively in the NHRA and I guess similar to V8s, it no longer makes financial sense.
Go to Top of Page

bengatta
Tea Lady

659 Posts
joined 29 Mar 05

Posted - 17 Jan 2015 :  06:18:03  Show Profile  Visit bengatta's Homepage Send bengatta a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He was offered a choice... Take no money from someone because they were not offering him anything any further or some money from someone. Considering his sponsorship portfolio had already slipped, there was not much option really.

Sports are cyclic and like previously mentioned NHRA (like almost every motorsport category) has declined in popularity in recent years, it will bounce back (as will others) when the next lot of fans come through. its about getting the balance right and changing where needed to create the interest. Motorsport has become too long winded for the average punters attention span.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11298 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 17 Jan 2015 :  06:37:40  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ford was not the only big dollar sponsor that has left Force at the end of last year as Castrol have gone too. John Force has done very well to fill the big void that Ford and Castrol left with his new sponsors in Peak Antifreeze, Lucas Oil and Chevy which is a massive feat for a sponsorship market that is dominated by NASCAR.
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1656 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 18 Jan 2015 :  20:24:22  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What are his daughters doing?

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10702 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 18 Jan 2015 :  21:31:41  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by journeyman racer

They've decided to quit drag racing and go out with me.

No but seriously I think they're also going to Chevy.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10445 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 19 Jan 2015 :  14:42:05  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You've just missed out on Courtney, she's engaged to Graham Rahal

quote:

Ashley works for JFR nowadays in a media role, so presumebly her job doesn't change, while presumebly Courtney will continue in one of the JFR entries

There is a third younger daughter who, i think, races as well, not in Funny Cars though
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11298 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 19 Jan 2015 :  15:01:42  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
For long time JFR Ford fans, it could be worse. He could have been snapped up by the ever expanding field of Toyota backed funny cars.
Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9580 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 19 Jan 2015 :  19:08:36  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

You've just missed out on Courtney, she's engaged to Graham Rahal

quote:

Ashley works for JFR nowadays in a media role, so presumebly her job doesn't change, while presumebly Courtney will continue in one of the JFR entries

There is a third younger daughter who, i think, races as well, not in Funny Cars though

Yep, Brittany. She drives the Top Fueler. Went to a few final rounds last year but her maiden win eluded her. She ended up Rookie of the Year.
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10702 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 19 Jan 2015 :  23:33:26  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well if I can't have Courtney then I'll just have to have Brittany!

_Mford

Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9580 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 20 Jan 2015 :  13:50:54  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

You could have Adria. She's Robert's soon to be ex-wife. She's the older half-sister from John's first marriage. Boy is there a doozy of a story about that break up. It'll probably come out throughout the course of the year. If you can't wait have a look at the Yellowbullet forums. Enter that site at your own risk. Anything goes on there.
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10445 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 20 Jan 2015 :  15:34:11  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by HRTKLR

quote:

You could have Adria. She's Robert's soon to be ex-wife. She's the older half-sister from John's first marriage. Boy is there a doozy of a story about that break up. It'll probably come out throughout the course of the year. If you can't wait have a look at the Yellowbullet forums. Enter that site at your own risk. Anything goes on there.

Thanks for the tip, Interesting reading!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.78 seconds.