V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 CAMS National Racing Series
 General CAMS Series
 Fortunate - but who's paying?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Boy Racer
Pit Crew

Australia
179 Posts
joined 13 Aug 08

Posted - 26 Apr 2015 :  11:33:04  Show Profile Send Boy Racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good to read that a party of 6 CAMS representatives were unhurt during the earthquake that hit Nepal earlier today, incl President Papadopoulos.
According to speedcafe, "CAMS president Andrew Papadopoulos had been joined by staff Michael Smith (general manager of motorsport), John Murphy (general manager of consumer business), Marie Dinsdale (events co-ordinator) and contractors Samantha Reid and Michael Masi at the inaugural FIA Asia-Pacific Sport Regional Congress."
While I'm pleased that no-one was hurt, what the **** are six yes six people doing at some non-publicised (did YOU know it was on?) FIA 'conference' in Nepal? Who's paying? (CAMS members) And for what? As a CAMS licence holder I'm furious that more of my money is being wasted on yet another 'who gives a ****' talk fest, another junket, on the other side of the world. When you add that to the millions of members money being gambled on the Formula 4 fiasco, CAMS members have every right to demand some answers and some accountability. But of course, there's no simple process to do that is there.
Am I wrong?
Know this isn't strictly 'V8 Supercars' but this is the most-read forum, and it affects all of motorsport.

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 26 Apr 2015 12:31:52

Harry S
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
640 Posts
joined 29 Mar 09

Posted - 26 Apr 2015 :  15:29:11  Show Profile Send Harry S a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So do you KNOW that members' money is being spent on this Boy Racer? Doesn't CAMS have some other sources of revenue? For example, CAMS gets paid to send trainers to other countries to train their officials, which is the sort of thing that could be lined up at a conference like this.

CAMS also gets paid to send staff to other countries to get GPs in those countries up and running - I believe that they've done that in India, Korea and Russia in recent years - that sort of deal might also be lined up at a conference such as this.

Maybe the FIA is paying? Maybe the Nepalese govt pay for the conference to open up other opportunities for them?

I don't know myself and it might be members money being used but none of us KNOW this for sure.

Conferences such as this are a good thing to get regions or countries functioning better and it makes sense to me that CAMS would go to an Asia-Pacific conference as part of being the FIA ASN for Oz.

I think that you have every right to ask CAMS about the cost but personally I don't see it being as big an issue as you do.

When the going gets tough..............

Edited by - Harry S on 26 Apr 2015 15:29:39
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1778 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 26 Apr 2015 :  16:22:53  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And even if it was members money, it could well be the shake up needed?

_Mford
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds.